Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sjogrens Syndrome

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 5:49 pm    Post subject: Sjogrens Syndrome Reply with quote

Sjogrens Syndrome

I have a new client coming in on Thursday morning. I am already aware of a candida issue-she was diagnosed also as having Sjogrens Disease. Anyone familiar with this? Would appreciate any and all comments. Thanks so much! -Cindy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Sjogrens is classified as an auto immune disease or syndrome that has its most notable symptoms as dry everything - eyes, mouth, lips,- all mucus membranes. This also includes all the internal ones you can't see or palpate (in my opinion). It is also my opinion that fungus is a big culprit as well as virus and probable history of prior strep infections. I have found some success with aloe, mucilaginous herbs like Intestinal Soothe and Build, Irritable Bowel Fiber, Marshmallow, Elderberry, Olive Leaf, a lot of probiotics, EFAs, balancing the hormones, and Colloidal Minerals. Make sure they are getting optimal nutrition. Most people diagnosed with this have a dysbiosis issue and aches and pains similar to fibromyalgia and RA. Hope this helps. -Margaret Jeffers
I believe it is actually spelled Sjogrens. I have worked with it a few times. It is an auto-immune condition. One of the most common symptoms is dry eyes. Support the immune with Chinese Trigger Immune and Milk Thistle Comb. Now I would probably also consider Thai-Go and/or maybe Noni or Whole Leaf Aloe. -Judith Cobb
1.) Build the adrenals: examples are Mineral Chi, Adrenal Support, Nervous Fatigue
2.) Support Immune System (no Immune Stimulator): good example would be Colostrum (not the Colostrum Plus)
3.) Essential Fatty Acids
4.) Determine any allergies, if present, and follow Blood type diet as much as possible (esp. the "avoid" foods)
5.) Support Digestion: Protease; Proactazyme -Regina King
I was diagnosed with Sjogrens 3 months ago. There is a great book out about it, the title is "Body out of Balance". The book is written by 2 doctors and a woman who was diagnosed with Sjogrens. It gives background on the illness and explains what it is. -Margaret
- - - - - - - - - -
I was diagnosed in 1987, tho have had symptoms since about age 30. It is an autoimmune disease that primarily affect the salivary glands, and tear producing glands, causing dry eyes and dry mouth. Diffuse body aches, around joints and extreme fatigue are common. I am taking plaquenil, which has helped alot. Also use lubricating eye drops, and sugar free lozenges and gum to help keep the saliva production going. Using flax seed oil is helpful for the dryness, but I have difficulty taking it as often as is needed for good results. If you have to have something it is certainly not the worst. You live with it and make the most of it. I would recommend seeing a good rheumatologist. I have also found that I feel best during warm dry weather. Would be glad to answer question if I can. -Linda S.
- - - - - - - - - -
I am a 34 year old female who was diagnosed w/Sjogren's when I was 24. Sjogren's is an autoimmune disease that affects mucous membranes/salivary glands. Most common symptoms are dry mouth, dry eyes, etc. In the beginning I did have some problems w/my joints in my fingers. It took a while until I was diagnosed properly. There are two ways to diagnose. One way is a lip biopsy which I didn't have done. The other way is through a blood test and they look for certain antibodies. I was dx. through the blood test. You need to know that organs may also be affected by this disease. I believe the pancreas, kidneys. At this time I have renal insufficiency although I am stable. As far as medications, I am taking Placquenil because I would have flare ups and begin to have chest pain. It was pericarditis which is inflammation of the heart lining. The placquenil has kept me steady and I've not had any problems since. As far as with my kidneys, I am being checked regularly and having blood work done every few months. There is a website, I thought called Nat'l Sjogrens Syndrome or Sjogrens Syndrome Foundation which gives some basic info. To become a member there is a membership fee. -Melissa
Q: Does anyone know anything about Sjogrens Syndrome and what to do for it? I read a little about it on the Internet but nobody seems to have a solution for it (at least the allopathic medicine people don't). Thanks! -Ann Davis
This is from the NHC class "Solving the Mystery of Autoimmune Disease" Specifics: Evening Primrose Oil -- 8-14 capsules daily (my notes say to "dose up" which I believe means you can start with less and work up to that amount. Also says to add 400 IU Vit. E 2x a day.

Nutritional Factors and Cofactors: Super Supplemental -- bottle dosage Vitamin B5 -- bottle dosage Bifidophilus Flora Force -- bottle dosage Co-Q10 -- Bottle dosage Bilberry -- 500mg daily

This was a fantastic class. I highly recommend it! Teri
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Kay Lubecke's Recipes for Success for Sjogren's Syndrome:
*Vitamin A is very helpful for the dry eyes.
*HY-C for general dryness.
*Niacin with B-Complex,
*Colostrum, Ginger for the dry mouth (capsules internally and chew on dried ginger)
*Possible caused by parasites - do parasite cleansing.
*Dr John Lee, MD, feels autoimmune diseases may be caused by estrogen dominance. Use Pro-G-Yam and Wild Yam, natural sources of progesterone to balance the estrogen. - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My struggles are with joint pain and fatigue...any advise for them? my advise for dry eyes is to have puntal plugs put into your tear ducts...this has helped me out. also, does anyone have any trouble with acne/bumps along the neck & jaw line? I have spells when it comes and goes and can last for months, this is very aggravating! Thanks for any suggestions. -michelle
I had a lady with this real bad only on her legs: They would be absolutely huge, cup circumference size and bigger, Filled with a lot of fluid. She would prick the blister to let the fluid out then work at it for months to heal the area. They were also so painful. I would suggest with all else you are doing, to do massive parasite cleansing. lots of VS-C and Dong Quai, Gastro Health too, as high a doses as she tests for. But think or word your Question for "the cause behind the problem" then you could ask what is needed to clear up the results. Valerie P.S. we had to work so hard on this elderly lady. She actually knew what was causing it. -Valerie Steiner
Adrenal support, Vitamin C, HSN-W and Chickweed -S. Mitchell
Q: I have a dear friend with Sjogrens, and she just told me that she dry cleans almost all of her clothes.... A light bulb went off... Anyone know where I can find information on the toxicity of dry cleaning fluids and their possible link to autoimmune diseases? I may just be "spitting in the wind", but if there is a link, she needs to know. Thanks. -Ann Jones
My son is a certified dry cleaner and owned his own business for years. Although I don't have any written information on the hazards of dry cleaning, according to him, dry cleaning fluids are extremely toxifying. In fact, I bought a "dry clean only comforter" and he told me Never to dry clean it. He said because comforters are so thick the toxins in the fluid may never leave the comforter. Additionally, dry cleaning does NOT remove smell or water based foods, or body odor. It only removes oil based stains. Needless to say, we seldom get anything "dry cleaned" and would not recommend our clients to use that method of cleaning unless absolutely necessary. -Joan
I've coped with Sjogrens Syndrome for years. The doctor scraped my cornea so many times my vision began to blurr. After many prayers I finally got my answer one night while sleeping. This is a way to deal with the problem without medicines. When you first wake up roll over on your stomach face down. Open one eye at a time a blink several times then open the other and blink. This will cause the tears to moisten the eyes. I hope this will help you also. -LRS
Sjogren's syndrome is an autoimmune condition in which the immune system destroys moisture-producing glands, such as tear glands and salivary glands. With any auto immune disorder you have to try and balance the immune system so it starts to function properly again. Lots of antioxidants are very important, our new Thai- Go drink or Noni along with Defense Maintenance should help. Also, with any auto immune there is very likely food allergies triggering symptoms, usually an inability to digest certain proteins, High potency protease give amazing results. Since this disease deals with dryness the Chinese formula HY-C would be helpful - this formula is for blood sugar and other hormonal imbalances so I would suggest lowering carbohydrate intake, and adding SugarReg to the program. -Valarie G.
Q: I have a friend who has been diagnosed with sjogrens disease. I know it is autoimmune disorder but until now I had never heard of this before. I would be thankful for any info and or products that would work for this problem. Thanks. -Rita
I have never worked with this particular disease, but I have worked a lot with Lupus and they feel that the two are often connected. I find the best results come from building the confused immune system, and going after the inflammation, and possible food allergies. I have had good results with HP protease between meals, defense maintenance, Proactazyme plus with meals, Colloidal Minerals, and Skeletal Strength. Also, I look at their blood type to see if they are eating foods that are in opposition to their type. -V. G.
Q: Does anyone have any knowledge of this syndrome and possible natural aids. I do know that it is auto immune in nature. Characterized by dry eyes and mouth and inflammation. Help would be appreciated. -Joyce Fischer
Sjogren's Syndrome pronounced shogren's is a nasty autoimmune illness which responds to aggressive strengthening of the immune system. It also seems that she needs blood purifiers. Linda
I did quite a bit of work with a man that responded well. Guess what - he simply had parasites. We have found this true of lupus, another autoimmune problem. Be sure to start slow. Some can only take a few Black Walnut for starters. Work up to Para Cleanse and on from that. We tell them ahead of time that the symptoms may increase in intensity. -Drew
I just helped my sister-in-law start an herbal program with Sjogren's Syndrome. She just started so I don't have any testimonial yet. But while doing some research this is what I found. Use HY-C. According to traditional Chinese medicine, people with auto immune diseases have too much yang, metabolitic heat. It manifests itself in different ways. The dry saliva and dry eyes or arthritic pain with lupus along with the rashes, etc. If you nourish the yin you bring the two in balance and a lot of the symptoms should disappear. HY-Cc nourishes the yin. Yin represents bodily fluids. I hope this helps. -Katrina
I would be using Colostrum caps, Olive Leaf Extract, Green Tea, Milk Thistle Combination. If strong enough the Clean Start Cleanse once a day, Guardian Essential Oil on the feet twice daily, VS-C, Colloidal Silver, High Potency Grapine. I would do this for two weeks then reevaluate, see if something needs to be added or subtracted. Milk Thistle and Clean Start helps clear out toxification. You've heard the saying of all dis-ease comes from the dirty colon. Remember to take care of yourself too. Nutri-Calm is great for stress. -Nancy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: