Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sinuses

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 5:50 pm    Post subject: Sinuses Reply with quote

Sinuses

I get a serious sinus pressure and excess mucus, congestion etc. etc. only about twice a year. but when I get it it almost always turns to a full blown sinus infection. I have been taking the VS-C but does anyone have any tried and true suggestions for the stuffiness and congestion and maybe even to relieve the sinus pressure? -Shari
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The Sinus Support may help unblock the sinuses. Take only if you don't have high blood pressure, it contains ephedra. The AL-J would be the alternative to the Sinus Support. It may provide you some relief. -Diane
I have had luck with putting a few drops of tea tree oil in saline nose spray. My husband started using this about 2 years ago and has not had a sinus infection since. Worth a try. The Tea Tree Oil is antifungal and antibacterial. -Kathy Davis
I have a question. Years ago prior to developing sinus infections...were you having other types of issues?

Did you have allergies, eczema...etc? How about constipation or other eliminative issues?

Did you later progress to sinus infections and asthma?

Your lymphatic system, may also be overwhelmed with toxins. Your lungs need support. There may be colon issues...

If you can find a holistic practitioner near your area or a Chinese herbalist, I would highly suggest you go see them. They can tackle the whole problem and get you to be sinus infection free. My guess is that there are other health issues that need to be tackled and mineral/vitamin deficiencies that need to be addressed.

Meanwhile, have you ever tried using NSP's Colloidal Silver instead of antibiotics to reverse the infection? You can spray in your nose as well as take it by mouth. -Lourdes Martinez
Since you only get this twice a year, it sounds to me as if it may be allergy related. Muscle test for both ALJ and Fenugreek and Thyme. The ALJ is for allergies and the Fenugreek and Thyme helps thin and pull the mucus out. I have taken as much as 4 of each every 2 hours with great results. If I do get a sinus infection, I also take 4 Echinacea every two hours until I empty a small bottle.

To get some really quick relief from the sinus pain, open up your sinuses and get things moving try Peppermint Oil. Put a drop of the oil on the palm of your hand, rub your hands together briskly and then cup your mouth and nose and breath in the oil. This will usually open you up in ten minutes or less. For a sinus headache, try massaging a drop or two onto your forehead and temple area, keeping well away from the eyes. If your skin is really sensitive, mix a drop or two with our Massage Oil first. Never put this oil anywhere under the eyes because the heat of the body will cause the fumes to rise and get into the eyes (this hurts!) Also, wash your hands after using the oil so that, if you touch your eyes, you don't get any oil in them. -Mike, N.D
Q: My son has a sinus flare-up with stabbing pain on the side of flare-up. He had some yogurt last night before going to bed. It is whole milk but pasturized. Could this be the cause? Any suggestions. He doesn't get it often. The last time was 2 or 3 years ago but in the meantime he took Sudafed and I had him inhale Tei Fu Oil. -Marianne

I find with many that dairy and bread can cause sinus issues. They are both very catarrh forming (mucous forming). Use your intuition Marianne - your thought of dairy being the cause is probably correct. Try having him avoid dairy for 3-4 weeks and see if he has anymore issues.

Tea tree oil inhaled is good for these issues and formula SN-X internally. -Mike Zavitz - C.H.N.
Q: For years my dad has had problems breathing through his nose because he's had bad sinus problems. He was also a smoker. He's used Dristan for years, but now it's getting harder and harder to find it. I want to give him an alternative, but in the past everything he's tried hasn't been as effective as that. If anyone can give me some ideas or advice on what I can do, I'd really appreciate it, and thank you in advance. -Jovita Knapp
You actually become addicted to those antihistamine products. They have removed many off the market because they contained a drug that is giving people strokes. (I think that was the problem . . . )

Sinus Support is a great sinus help. You may also want to suggest that he buy a plain saline solution nasal spray. He can try it as is or put a drop or two of Tei Fu Oils in it and even a drop or two or Tea Tree Oil. Shake before each use. He can add more of the oils if he likes. DO NOT add too much at once. Add a drop at a time, trying in between each addition.

I, personally, love to carry a bottle of Tei Fu Oils in my purse. When my nose feels dry or if my sinus are acting up - I just rub a drop under my nose. I had a lady with an asthma attack take two drops on the back of her tongue. I told her to close her mouth and breath deep. She had been coughing and choking - it stopped it immediately. She was thrilled - said it worked better than her inhaler.
Hope this helps . . . -Georgiana
I struggled for years and if I am not careful... I struggle because I don't watch my diet. I found that my sinuses acted up and I became easily overloaded with mucous after eating foods that I am allergic to.. You don't have a hard core reaction.. just these little breakdowns and all of a sudden you have all kinds of upper respiratory problems including sinusitis and rhinitis bronchitis..even inner ear infections.

I make my own saline! tepid water and salt (to taste.. not too much not too little).. I put it in my hand snort it and expectorate. GROSS!! I know but, it helps, it really does! A good way to tell if it is allergy or infection is the color of the mucous. It usually starts out clear... infection is when it is yellowish or greenish. Also press the pressure points for sinuses on the face. He can make a pot of hot water and add chlorophyl, put a towel over his head and inhale the steam. Natures Sunshine has Homeopathic herbals and essential oils that will help.. any one of them or a few of them.. each persons body is different.. Experiment...find what works best for him.. but, get him to use the alternatives! -Teresa
I had chronic sinus problems for years - they would start in November and last until March (Canadian winters). I started about 2 years ago taking one package of NSP's Tiao He Pak once a day to cleanse my colon (stayed on it for a few months). It has made a significant difference in my life - I no longer have sinus infections or headaches - nothing. You'd be surprised how many problems are linked to the bowel. Hopefully your father will be receptive enough to try it, he'll feel great. -Laura
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: