Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shoulder Frozen

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 5:57 pm    Post subject: Shoulder Frozen Reply with quote

Shoulder Frozen

The term "frozen shoulder" is used to describe a variety of conditions that cause pain and limit the range of motion of the shoulder joint. Most commonly caused by inflammation of synovial tissue or thickening of synovial fluid, frozen shoulder occurs mainly in middle-aged people who have a history of shoulder injuries. In some cases, the pain associated with frozen shoulder can be severe enough to disturb a person's sleep; in others, patients cannot rotate the shoulder properly and have difficulty moving the affected arm out and away from the body.

Once a person is diagnosed with frozen shoulder, the initial stages of care are aimed at reducing inflammation and increasing range of motion. Toward that end, various treatment methods have been devised, including anti-inflammatory drugs, ultrasound, heat, massage, and stretching and isometric exercises. Steroid injections and nerve blocks have also been employed at times, but the effectiveness of these therapies can vary greatly from patient to patient.

Several studies have reported that acupuncture can successfully treat frozen shoulder, but the majority of these studies have not been of the randomized, controlled trial (RCT) variety. A new study using the RCT format compared the use of acupuncture (along with exercise) to exercise alone in a small group of frozen shoulder patients. The study, published in the Hong Kong Medical Journal, found that patients treated with acupuncture and exercise demonstrated "significantly greater improvement" on shoulder assessment tests than those using just exercise, and suggests that acupuncture could be useful in cases where more conventional therapies have been unsuccessful.

I like these herbs for me.

Joint Support Joint ease has enzymes help healing process Pain relieving Devil's Claw

This site is nice it shows pictures and explains how to perform these exercises. Learn about the exercises for frozen shoulder: http://www.physsportsmed.com/issues/2000/09_00/pa_sandor.htm -Dee
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Check pH. I'm betting it is extremely acid. Should leave alone the sodas, orange juice, acid forming foods and coffee and assure that she is getting ample RO water, 1/2 body weight in ounces daily.

Eating a healthy live food diet according to her blood type, Proactazyme Plus for digestion and assure good elimination. May need liver support, (Milk Thistle Combo) and/or cleansing especially if they have been on prescription medication. Essential fatty acids and CoQ10 are needed by most people even those without this painful shoulder. EverFlex, Skeletal Strength, Nutri-Calm and Yucca would probably be what I would take if I had it today.

Back then I personally didn't agree to the "suggested" surgery and after a couple of months of NSP products, eating and drinking correctly the frozen shoulder finally "defrosted". That was what convinced me to do NSP 12+ years ago. Today I thank God for that frozen shoulder. Good luck and God Bless.-TS
In my experience, most shoulder problems come from liver problems - as do tendon problems. The reason for this is that certain muscles which allow/control shoulder movement are stiffened by liver toxicity. So I'd do a bottle of milk thistle to start, followed by Chinese Blood Build then Chinese Liver Balance. If you can MT go through all the liver herbs incl. Dong Quai and blessed thistle.

In traditional Chinese medicine (TCM) the tendon health and eye health are governed by the liver. -Pat Block
I had a frozen shoulder 7 years ago. My Chiropractor and my N.D. treatments did not help me. What did help was Physical Therapy. I wish I would have went into physical therapy sooner then I did. They knew what to do. I have not had a problem since. -Teresa McIntyre
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: I am on my second shoulder, first one is frozen and I've lost 25% of my motion. I did PT for over a year. So this time with a different doctor I'm determined to have full range. Today is 3 weeks. If you answer this I have tons of ? Q's. -Ric Howard
- - - - - - - - - -
I have a feeling I may not have the answer to a ton of questions, however, if I had shoulder problems I would take yucca. It is inexpensive and does a great job supporting the joints. Also in you have pain try the EverFlex cream. Had a friend who hurt his shoulder pretty bad and he said it really helped -S.Nesky
- - - - - - - - - -
We have had success by using Pantothenic Acid at the rate of one tablet per hour all through the day for up to 3 weeks. It is non-toxic and non-habit forming. As well as this apply gently, MSM/Glucosamine cream several times a day. Don't forget to take tablets as directed on the bottle. -Nancy
Shoulder Pain
For years now I have suffered pain in my left shoulder. I can even feel a knot in my muscle that when rubbed it feels/sounds as if there is crunching. There are times that I can't even lift my arm above my shoulder. I did have an auto accident 7 years ago and did go to a chiro for treatment using hot packs and "tens". It gave some relief. Is there anything I can take to resolve the build up in my muscle tissue? -Jean
- - - - - - - - - -
Hydrangea, Glucosamine, Chrondroitin and MSM will help with the crunching. For a natural anti-inflammatory Una De Gato does well. The crunching is dryness as well as inflammation. Massage with the Tei Fu Lotion to increase circulation and relieve pain. First apply the lotion and add a hot pack (moist) for 10 minutes, then add cold. Do this 2 times a day. I love this massage cream. I use it on my back nightly. -Suzanne
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: