Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Shingles

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 5:58 pm    Post subject: Shingles Reply with quote

Shingles

Normally we use VS-C and Capsicum topically - but now, Oregon Grape or Olive Leaf and Capsicum topically. Also something to boost the immune would be good - look to Steven H blood type or MT. -Kasara D'Elene
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Olive Leaf, Yarrow rotated
Stress Relief helps with nerve pain
Yellow Dock to stop itching 2 caps every hour
Pau d'Arco Lotion
MSM Cream and pills
L-Lysine 1500 MG
B Complex
Vitamin E apply directly to skin
Calcium and Magnesium in large amounts
antioxidants I would try topically and internally (Thai-Go)
Tea Tree, Lavender, Geranium, Healing AC Cream
Triple Relief and Immune Stimulator. -Laura
I have just been asked for some advice about how to help a 72 year old gentleman who is suffering from a severe case of shingles. He is apparently also fatigued from traveling twice daily to visit his wife (in the hospital? nursing home?). I know I can use VS-C, but I am not sure if the capsules or liquid extract would be more effective, and how much to suggest. I cannot MT since he lives a distance from me. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -Dorothy Turner
Dorothy, I'd suggest using liquid - I always do in such an acute condition. I'd have him take 10 drops every 15 minutes in a little water until the condition lightens up, then stretch the dosage times out a little. -Carol Martz
The VS-C is great, along with Olive Leaf Extract and L-Lysine. You need to work on the nervous system and we use the Nutri-Calm with great success. They need to stop eating arginine rich foods like chocolate and peanut butter also. I would consider following a moderated anti-candida diet as well. -Lisa Ayala
The equivalents for Canada are Stress Formula for the Nutri Calm and since you can't get single aminos in Canada, I would use the HRP-C here. -Kimberly Balas
The Nutri-Calm is mostly B-Complex with some nervines. You might try combining B-Complex with another nervine like Passion Flower or Valerian or Catnip. The L-Lysine is an amino acid. It is also contained in the Amino Acids (I think the name is Super Aminos or something like that) combination. -Lisa Ayala
Dr. McLaughlin reports that Paw Paw is effective with shingles. -Richard Lund
Q: Could you please advise me what to apply to an elderly women's skin - she is still (after one year) having pain pings in the area where she had shingles. Any help would be appreciated. -Pat
St John's Wort for nerve damage. Also Stress Relief to help with the nerves. John
I like St. John's Wort because its antiviral antibacterial qualities, and it works on the nerves. -Jeff Frankel
Helichrysum Essential Oil is good for repairing nerve damage as well. -Mandy
What about nerve damage other than from shingles? Does it work on diabetic nerve damage and can it REALLY reverse the damage, as in regrow the nerves or is it just a pain reliever? If it repairs, are we talking years and years or that the pain might go away first and then the nerves regenerate??? -Marie Francis
Both of these along with EFA's will repair nerves. So does Helichrysum oil. Everyone's body is different but I had one quadriplegic that shot herself and it went into the spinal column and didn't kill her but paralyzed her. They wouldn't remove the bullet because of the location being so dangerous that could kill her. We did the Nerve Eight and SJW and the nerves actually regrew around the bullet that was still in there. She does walk now with the aid of a walker. -Kimberly Balas
Kimberly, is time a factor when dealing with nerve damage. My dad has nerve damage on his left side due to calcium deposits that built up on his spinal column(He walks like someone who has had a stroke). It has been years since his surgery. The damage came because the Dr didn't diagnose him for several years. Is there still potential for the nerves to be restored? Thanks Joan
Stress Relief is also what got rid of one client's three "nerve rings" in her iris after on year, so it repairs. She loved it too, because she was able to quit her anxiety medications. -Desiree
Q: I think I am developing a case of shingles. That's my guess anyway. I just started on Una de Gato, Yellow Dock, and Stress Relief and sprayed Nature's Fresh on my skin. There's not much visible on the skin, just a few red things that look like zits without a head. The itching is all underneath the skin from the base of my rib cage around to my spine on my left side. Has anyone dealt with this issue that could advise me further? Thanks! -Carol Matz
Yes, Carol, that was my first herbal issue for family member-I believe I posted it before-the results were amazing with pain and spreading stopped within 24 hours and not a mark a week later-has worked for others vs-c 16 daily for week than 6 for months l-lysine 3000mg daily til cleared vit c 3000 mg daily vit e 400iu daily rhus tox til clear distress remedy, viral recovery take care-hope all is clear soon -Victoria
Poor thing! I hope it is not- my mom just has gone thru it and we gave her liquid VS c topically and orally - lots of it- lysine- I also sliced open fresh aloe leaves and laid them on her shingles- They were at her waist area- she also loved the ice packs on them - and later I took her to a Chinese acupuncturist and he told me if I could have gotten her there before the sores healed up he could have pulled the virus out of her- But once the sores heal up the virus goes deeper and lasts a year or more. I hope for your sake they are not the shingles but if they are- I wish you a speedy recovery my friend! -Nora
LOADS of VS-C ASAP!!! -Sharon Grimes
Sharon, I'm not testing on the VS-C - I never have, but I test very well on the Una de Gato - do you think I should take the VS-C anyway? I read that you should rotate virals with this, so I've got 'em all lined up on the counter. I'm determined to get on top of this! -Carol Matz
What we use that has worked the best is Nutri-Calm (lots) and Olive Leaf Extract. -Lisa A.
Test on Oregon Grape or Olive Leaf - these also kill virus - or if your not testing on VS-C yet, there could be several reasons why - is the virus in a symbiotic relationship with another organism that you must kill first? Is it covered with something that is protecting it from being killed (we see both of these a lot) - ask as many questions as you can, to get to the core - if it is shingles, VS-C is the best usually -but if it is a mutated strain, other products may also work. Test to see if your immune needs to be supported first (hence the une de gato) - then test for VS-C, etc. -Kasara D'Elene
Kasara, Thanks for this info. The short story on my health challenges is that I was given way too many live vaccines when I was in grade school - during that time I had 4 live polio alone. Every time my father got a job promotion we moved and before I could enter school I had to have the vaccines. Now that he's into natural health he's horrified at the number of live vaccines I've had. That's one of the reasons I have so much metal in my body as well as a nervous system that for years gave me all this antsy energy.

Due to the work I do with the microscope, I've learned that these live vaccines come back to haunt you in your 40's and 50's, called retro-viruses. I'm not sure there is another organism at work, but I will continue to test myself on the VS-C. Thanks again! -Carol Matz
Q: My 16 yr old son has just come down with shingles yesterday. We currently have him taking 16 HRP-C, 9 Chinese Trigger Immune, 8 IF-C, 2 oz Thai-Go, and I'll be adding 8 Stress Relief today. We applied Golden Salve also and will continue to do so 2x's per day. We've had him sleep under blue light last night. Any other recommendations would be appreciated. Wondered about Colloidal Silver??? liquid HRP-C topically??? This young man wants to go to high school football camp..starts next week.. Thanks loads. -Judith Cobb
Spray area with Colloidal Silver -Jeff Frankel
Isn't shingles caused by the same virus that causes chicken pox i.e. herpes it's herpes zoster. I'd make a St. Johns Wort paste or use a extract and rub it in using some type of medium perhaps witch hazel. -Darcy
Judith, How about trying a bottle of liquid VS-C given over the course of the next few days? -Carol Matz
Hi, I have had good experience with Paw- Paw and diet. Sole 3x/day for 7 days, no sugar no wheat no artificial anything. Worked really well for several of my clients. -Shelley
Judith, we tried so many things for my first client with shingles, but the Paw-Paw and the strict diet seemed to work the very best with the fastest relief. We tried liquid silver, Wild Oregano, etc. I would also suggest that he take some HVP and get some massage to de-stress, Crainio Sacral also works for that. It is in the nerve root so it would be advantageous. -Shelley
My daughter was 16-the progression and pain stopped in a day and there was not a sign of it in a week(she also did not bring it to my attention until the 4th day)-this same protocol worked for 3 others so far but there has only been 3. 16 vs-c, l-lysine. vit c, vit e/selenium, rhus tox homeopathic, distress remedy -the last person had painful/itchy shingles on her beautiful face, around her eyes, she was 22yrs old-she tells me she felt instant relief and within a couple days it was so much better-I mixed in a 1oz squeeze bottle: 3/4 oz aloe vera gel, 1 tsp Pau d'Arco lotion, 5 d Helichrysum, 2d Geranium, 3 d Roman Chamomile, 1 d Ylang Ylang (she also did the supplements w/same results as others; she was 1 week into it when she started the program) so hope he gets relief quickly. -Victoria Schneider
VS-C and/or Olive Leaf and Nutri-Calm for the pain and to rebuild the nervous system. Also L-Lysine to balance possible high arginine levels. Avoid arginine foods like peanuts, peanut butter and especially chocolate! -Lisa A.
Bathe in Chlorophyll. No- dairy, wheat, gluten, sugar. Lots of liquids. MSM natural pain killer.

Cleanse the bowel with severe cases.

Vit. B 12 and folic acid 1 every 2 hours. Black walnut and nervine herbs. Herbal Ca or ATC> passion flower for viral infection of the nerves. Herbal trim or aloe vera gel externally. Yellow dock or I-X- 2 capsules every 2 hours. Artemisia, Caprylic Acid and HRP-C large amounts for 10 days. Licorice root, protector pak, colloidal silver-antiviral. Vit. B complex. Vit E open and apply externally to prevent scarring Zinc. Grape pine 1 mg per. Lb of body weight for 1 -2 weeks the maintenance (*a must). Re-x or eight for nerve pain Str-c or str-j for nerves, also olive leaf and also look At his Ph as well. -Donna
This is what works for me: 16 VS-C or equivalent liquid VS-C divided into 4 doses. Nutri-Calm (3 a day) and B Complex 2 a day. Before NSP I used to use very large doses of nutritional yeast and that works also, but not half as fast as NSP's VSC.
For the pain: Capsicum liquid herb applied very lightly around the lesion. The pain comes from around the lesion, not the exact spot of the lesion. Apply lightly every two or three hours until pain diminishes, then longer and longer between applications. Used to do this before they made the liquid capsaicin.
To prevent reoccurances (and once a nerve starts dumping the virus and making shingles it does not easily give up): 3 VS-C, 3 x a day for at least six weeks if not three months. Liquid herb will do here also.
I have never used Una de Gato, but it holds great promise and an alternate for some people. Most important to get quick results are the B-vitamins. L-Lysine never helped me. Stress is always the trigger for me, and I mean tremendous stress, lack of sleep because of caring for other people, bad or no meals. So look to your lifestyle and help your immune system stay in top shape! Hope this helps, -Marilyn Navarro
For shingle pain ­ we have a manager here that "broke out" the same time Carol did, and I told her to spray Nature's Fresh on the shingles to stop the pain. It has working wonderfully for her and is really helping the healing process. She says it is the only thing that helped her get through the nights the first week or so. -Sharon Grimes
Yes, I would say the Nature's Fresh has been wonderful. Sometimes I put some Colloidal Silver on a few layers of unscented toilet paper and lay that on top of the small rash I have and that feels very good also. Then after that I put some Pink Grapefruit EO on with a little NSP massage oil. The rash has not spread at all nor has it oozed or anything! Yay!
I still am not testing for VS-C. I am taking a LOT of Una de Gato + l-lysine + Nerve 8 + Vitamin C w/bioflavenoids + IF-C usually two of each 6 to 8 times per day, depending on what's going on, and it has not slowed me down in the least, though I am trying to be conscious of getting a little rest here and there throughout the day - not always easy, but I try. -Carol Matz
Mercury Albacore If you want access to low mercury albacore (tuna) contact www.carvalhofisheries.com -Marilyn Navarro
Q: John is 59 yrs old. He came to see me as his face had swollen up. His wife drove him over. I looked at him as he came up my steps. I did not know whether I should laugh out loud, but didn't. Here was this man of smaller build with this BIG WIDE shaped head! His left eye was almost not there for the swelling surrounding it! The right eye was 1/2 visible. He had these itchy areas, basically level with the tops of his ears on both temples. His face looked unusually brown. This was explained by the fact that as the Black Ointment seemed not to be working [on the itches.] he decided that he would put liquid Chaparral on his face. Because chaparral was an ingredient in the ointment. Then his face swelled. Looking at him, I felt like panicking, imagining that if the Drs heard his description and the use of Chaparral, then imagining the newspaper headlines! I remembered my husband's face and the swelling he had as we were cleaning out Tumors from his head when I went to the Anaheim Convention. How my Brother-in-law panicked and called the Dr. The Dr gave a diagnosis of SHINGLES! When I returned home and heard about this diagnosis, I thought "Shingles-be- dammed!!" So I wondered if John was cleaning out tumors too and knowing there was no way I could tell him that! He was "a little-Worrier." I also remembered my friend who went into Anaphylactic shock, but let that thought go, as there had been too much time elapsed and he was breathing normal. He had put himself onto 20 Pau D'Arco so there was no pain! So resorting to the Body Questions, shingles was a positive Yes ! I had just collected and printed out many messages on SHINGLES but there was so many, I contacted Dr Maxwell my upline . He suggested B Complex caps, VS-C, and Calcium. So we tested and ended up doing this program.

2 tablespoons Liquid Calcium, 6 Nutri-Calm, better for him and longer lasting than capsulated B Complex. 15 VS-C for 2 days then 8 daily. I looked hard into his eyes and saw that most of the pupil was not showing, just a teeniest dot of Black in the very center. That almost sent me into a panic! Remembering Dr Eugene Watkins class. But common sense took over--there was so much swelling how could there be much circulation??? So we tested for 4 Dong Quai thinning the blood enabling the circulation to improve. {every thing was individually tested for the quantities for him individually} Then having just read the Shingles Messages I got my bottle of Natures Fresh in a spray bottle, and sprayed his face both sides and rubbed it in. Yes, with the swelling his face it was so hard.. And so, He went home.. Next day, I rang to hear how he was and was told the swelling was almost gone and he had not been able to spray his face so he wet a cloth and applied it that way. -Valerie
Q: I have a client with these on her abdomen. She has not taken any prescription meds at this time but is in a great deal of pain. What can she take for the virus as well as the pain? -Tina White
VS-C to work on the virus, L-Lysine and Nutri-Calm. This is has done very well over the years with my clients.

Avoid arginine foods like chocolate and try to avoid stress. -Lisa A.
Would you use the liquid VS-C or the capsules? I notice that there is two different capsule forms to choose from on the site. Which one do you use? -Tina White
Predominantly the capsules, but I see no reason why the liquid would not work. -Lisa A.
I have had shingles clients "paint" their skin with the VS-C liquid, followed by Nature's Fresh. -Sharon Grimes
My mother has this. There is something very important to realize. Shingles is the active virus. If it is addressed early, it can be treated, without it developing into the lifelong pain called Post-herpatic Neuralgia.

Post-Herpatic Neralgia is the pain from the damaged nerves caused by the Shingles. The treatment for that would be much different from the treatment for the Shingles.

I am currently using a mixture of Heliachrysm
(20drops)Nature's Fresh (1 oz) aloe vera (1oz) Eucylyptus (10 drops) and purified water and apply that with a cotton ball to the area. The skin used to be so sensitive to the touch that she could hardly apply it, now the skin seems less sensitive and the attacks less often. We have been searching for an effective treatment for this neuralgia for a long time, and topical seems to be the best delivery method.

If anyone else has a good remedy for the Post herpatic Neuralgia, I would love to hear it! -Vicki Edge
Try adding some chamomile oil to the mix. -John
I assisted a lady with a really horrible case of shingles last year. We muscle tested on a variety of products and came up with the following:

B Complex to help with the stress issues that brought the problem on

Pau d'Arco Lotion mixed with Slippery Elm as a poultice on the affected areas. The lotion helped to fight the shingles as well as acting as a great carrier while the Slipper Elm pulled toxins out and helped to soothe as well.

Olive Leaf Extract to fight the viral aspects.

She saw results within one day and the entire problem was solved within a week and a half. This was in comparison to another lady from the same company who decided she "couldn't afford" the herbs, went to the doctor and ended up taking a 3 month short term disability from her company in order to get completely over the problem. My lady didn't miss a single day of work! -mpeterson
VS-C+ L-Lysine for the virus
Nerve Control + CA* or Nutri-Calm, & Distress Remedy to calm the nerve pain
Homeopathic: Pain, Viral Recovery Remedies
Herbal Trim Skin Treatment or Golden Salve, used externally for pain

Please Note: Using Tylenol-type products for the pain will inhibit the healing and lengthen the time of pain. -Kay Lubecke
My mother had shingles and used apple cider vinegar on the rash to relieve pain. It really worked! -Diana
Q: What would be good for the pain of shingles in addition to VS-C? -Amanda
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Externally Healing AC Cream or Golden Salve Internally: VS-C, Nutri-Calm, Noni Juice. -Janice
- - - - - - - - - - - -
VS-C and Lemon juice, a tablespoon by mouth twice a day helps tremendously.

She now only uses the lemon juice, and has not had a recurrences in several months. She uses the grocery store "Real Lemon" for convenience, and finds that it works as well as "real lemon." To Your Health. -David Ross, ND
- - - - - - - - - - - -
L-Lysine and VS-C. ENOUGH of them to do the job tho. I would suggest starting with 4, 3 times a day of VS-C in addition to 4, L-Lysine, twice daily between meals.-Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I like this suggestion but I would also add B-Complex since everyone I have dealt with has been dealing with stress. Also, for comfort sake and to pull out some of the toxins, mix Pau d'Arco lotion with Slippery Elm and slather the area with this mixture. It really seems to help with the itching. For the pain you might want to add some Lavender Oil also - it will help with the stress too! -Mike
Q: I haven't worked with shingles problem before. A lady purchased VS-C. l lysine and Stress Relief for the pain. Started three weeks ago. It's only been a couple of days since she's on herbs but she's experiencing extreme sharp pain. Any suggestions? Does she stay on this program or is there something else I'm missing? She's needing something especially for the sharp stabbing pain. -db
I use Yellow Dock to stop the itching. Also use Pau d'Arco Lotion, soothing to skin. -Gene Stanley
Also use Pau d'Arco Lotion. Soothing to skin. She says she doesn't itch, it's just the pain that is unbearable. For her sharp and stabbing will Yellow Dock help with that or is it just for itching? I was also thinking about the Par d'Arco Lotion you mentioned or also Capsicum Gel but again will that help with the pain or just the itch. -db
I've heard that Morinda relieves the pain. Liquid would absorb better than caps. The person that used it said that the pain was unbearable before he took Morinda. -Drew
You can put the Morinda juice right onto the sores for fast relief. Drink some too. -Nancy
Q: I have a client with severe itching in her scalp. She has shingles that effect the nerves in her scalp. She has no feeling so when she scratches she is "clawing" her scalp and losing her hair. She has three lesions in the cornea of her right eye and very little vision. She is taking prescription drugs that sedate her but do not seem to be healing her. Any suggestions? -Brenda Jeffrey
Add Bilberry and High Potency Grapine for those eyes! EW as an eye wash is good, add Eyebright Plus by mouth also for tears that heal all day long. The nerves in her scalp may respond to liquid Capsicum or to my son's substitute: 1 part Aloe Vera Gel and 1 part Golden Seal and 1 part cayenne pepper flakes, mix very well, let set a couple of days, and use the creamy or liquid part. The aloe and the Golden Seal will promote healing, and capsicum is about the only thing that kills the pain from shingles without knocking you out. Remember that even though the site of a shingle blister may not hurt, the area around it hurts very much so, even amplified. That is the area that needs capsicum most. The VS-C will get the shingle blister from the inside. That itch? Pain experts say an itch is just a small, won't go away form of pain. Treat it like pain when it is associated with shingles.-Marilyn N.
Q: My 8 year old granddaughter keeps getting shingles. Do I simply treat the immune system? What happens if they go untreated. What are the dangers of shingles? Thanks. -Regina
The general rule of thumb is take the dose for an adult, divide in two for a 12 year old. Now if she is 8 and large, do that. If she is 8 and small divide again--1/4 adult dose. Long ago there was a flyer I received with the history of this combination. That flyer suggested staying on VS-C for three whole months! So depending on your granddaughters's size, she would take either one-half or 1/4 the dose on the bottle of VS-C. She should take that amount four times a day. Either count the drops of the liquid herb or use one capsule at a time of the encapsulated herb.

It then suggested taking the herb at the first sign of out break--that means your granddaughter is going to have to be really communicative and let people know when the skin is getting ready to break out. Stay on it until two weeks after any breakout occurs, if she is very attuned she may avoid the breakout. It was presumed that there might be two or three more outbreaks. L-Lysine may or may not work to avoid breakouts.

Next look at the stress in her life. All life is stressful. On some of us it does damage because we need more help with the adrenal glands. Is she by any chance dyslectic? If so, just growing up is an extreme demand on the adrenal glands. She needs B-vitamins, Nutri-Calm if she can get them down--one a day might really help, more as she grows. Chinese Mood Elevator at 1/4 to 1/2 the dose, depending on her size, might help also. My son at 8 was aware enough with a little help to let us know when the world was pressing in too tight and we taught him to work off stress with good physical activity and fed him lots of B-Vitamins and that helped him deal with the stress of growing up dyslectic. Any other factors that would increase stress in her life need to be faced. If the bad stresses cannot be removed, then she needs the nutrition to help handle them. Good probiotics (Acidophilus, Bifidophilus, etc) help also. -Marilyn Navarro
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: