Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Sea Silver

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 6:03 pm    Post subject: Sea Silver Reply with quote

Sea Silver

Rebuttal by NSP Scientist: April Nance, NSP Home Office. This is NSP's reply to a question regarding SeaSilver sent to them. I hope this answers questions that many of you have asked either regarding this product or their claims.
- - - - - - - - - -
Your question regarding Seasilver was forwarded to me. We have been getting quite a few questions about this Seasilver product. I have several questions about some of the claims they are making, so we will be getting a bottle to evaluate in the labs. The first question I have about this product is why are there no amounts listed for the vitamins and minerals? There are two possibilities:

One is that they don't have more than 2% of the RDI's for these and the other is that they are not in compliance with FDA labeling guidelines. Any vitamin or mineral that is included in a formula at more than 2% RDI is legally required to be listed on the label. I have also read several false or inaccurate claims:

1. "Nutrients in pill form are only 10% absorbed."

This is not accurate. Every nutrient has a different absorption rate, depending on when it is taken, what it is taken with, the condition of the individual's intestinal tract and many other factors.

2. "The reason is due to the high metallic content of these pills. Metallic minerals like oyster shells, carbonates, oxides and dolomites have the consistency of crushed up rocks, which our bodies were not designed to digest. Even pills listed as "natural" often have added fillers and coatings that inhibit absorption."

This really makes no sense. "Metallic" refers to a class of elements (or minerals), not the type of salts in which they occur. A mineral is a mineral is a mineral! Yes, some forms may be slightly more easily absorbed than others, but to say "our bodies are not designed to digest these minerals" is completely false. Remember that NSP performs disintegration tests on all of our tablets to ensure that they will be broken down properly.

3. "There is NO comparison between Seasilver and the other so-called "colloidal mineral" products on the market which come from humic shale deposits, making the nutrients in these products inorganic and the metals into a metallic form, unsafe for human consumption."

Absolutely false - the definition of humus is "material that makes up the organic component of the soil, being formed from decayed plant and animal remains...It has colloidal properties." NSP Colloidal Minerals come from a fulvic acid complex of naturally chelated (organic) trace minerals and is perfectly safe for human consumption.

4. "Sea Silver is a 100% whole food(plant-based) nutritional supplement that OXYGENATES at the cellular level with an astounding 40% OXYGEN content!".

This is also false. At 40% oxygen the liquid would effervesce once opened, much like a bottle of pop. Atmospheric oxygen being 21%, osmosis would come heavily into play and an equilibrium would be reached in a matter of hours. Unless this is consumed through a self-sealing straw that oxygen concentration would be gone within 1-2 days of opening, assuming the cap is replaced after each dose, just like a 2- liter bottle of pop loses its fizz. Not to mention that this is not a "natural" level of oxygen content. There is also no evidence the oral oxygen benefits the body in any way. In fact, it is probably more likely to induce oxidative stress in the stomach and increase belching and/or flatulence than benefit body oxygenation. One product that contains everything you (everyone) could possibly need sounds too good to be true and indeed, this one is. They claim they have every known antioxidant - I don't see lycopene, lutein, alpha lipoic acid or several others. What exactly do they mean by "50 times more potent than kelp? More potent in what?

A superior program from NSP may include Mineral Chi Tonic, Proactazyme Plus, Berry Healthy or Cranberry/Buchu, Liquid Dulse and Super Supplemental or Mega Chel. I hope this will help in your challenges with this product. Please share this information with your group and let me know if you have any other questions. Sincerely, -April Nance, NSP Home Office
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Sea Silver Back in Business
Although I've seen many network marketing companies in the health field go out of business over the years, I can report today that Sea Silver USA, Inc. has apparently worked out its problems with the government and is gearing up to return to business as usual. Well, not exactly business as usual since Sea Silver USA now appears to be required by law to essentially warn customers that their dietary supplement product may not have many benefits at all.

Sea silver states on its website, "An important aspect of the Stipulated Preliminary Injunction with the FTC is the requirement that Sea silver take steps to insure that no customer places an order without first hearing or reading the Sea silver Purchaser Notice."

The Sea Silver Purchaser Notice reads, in full, "Previously, Sea silver has claimed that its product can cure cancer, diabetes, and a host of other serious diseases and conditions, and that it results in significant and permanent weight loss without dieting. No clinical studies support these claims. In fact, medical experts state that these claims are highly implausible and likely false. If you are under a physician's care, it is very important that you do not discontinue or reduce any prescription medication without consulting your physician. "In addition, at one time Sea silver claimed that its product provided the health benefits of natural cranberries, although it contained no natural cranberry. Rather Sea silver contained artificial cranberry flavoring."

Isn't it a crying shame that the government doesn't also require the pharmaceutical giants, millionaire surgeons, and deep pocketed HMOs and medical insurance companies to insure than no patient takes a drug or undergoes a surgery or procedure without telling the patient that in many instances the expensive and side-effect-ridden drugs and procedures in reality work little better (if as well) as a placebo? -Sharon Grimes
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have a friend who is not a member of NSP but is taking the Sea Silver. She asked me to read all the info and gave me a tape to listen to. She and her husband were taking it for 3 months and they have reported that they see no change. They don't like to take the pills and they just want to take one thing that will be a "catch-all". What would be a recommendation for them to take instead of the sea silver. I want to thank you, Sharon, for keeping us informed on this. I knew nothing about the product before this. -Maggie Schalk
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Colloidal Minerals or Chinese Mineral Chi. These are the closet that I know. You got to let them know There is NO one thing And if they do get a capsule it will be as big as a 1/2 liter of coke. -smherbs
- - - - - - - - - - - -
If one thing it would be Mineral Chi by the way you have stated they are. -John
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: