Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scoliosis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 6:07 pm    Post subject: Scoliosis Reply with quote

Scoliosis

Other than taking Skeletal Strength.....what would be good for a person with Scoliosis? The chiropractor said it was in Stage 3 degeneration....the person is only 39 years old, in a lot of pain and can't afford the suggested 70-80 chiropractic adjustments over a 4 month period. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -Deborah
- - - - - - - - - -
1st do lots of magnesium 6/day to bowel tolerance. This relaxes the muscles that are pulling the spine out of place. Massage is better than chiropractic at this stage. Have the therapist work all the 'guitar strings' loose. Then do Collatrim to rebuild bone. Make sure there's no constipation problems - which a magnesium deficiency will cause in the first place. -Pat Block
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: In addition to the Body Works (i.e. Light Touch and NEAT with appropriate essential oils), what is recommended for a 14 year old female with scoliosis that has otherwise good health? I am looking at checking pH, enzymes, probiotics, EverFlex, Skeletal Strength, Herbal CA, Calcium-Magnesium SynerPro, and Combination Potassium. Which of these are most applicable and what others would be beneficial (and why)? -Julie
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Hi Julie, I am a person with scoliosis. I am old now (52) but was treated at Mayo Clinic as a teenager. They wanted to do spinal fusion, but my mother opposed it and I wore a back brace for about two years. I have read much lately of others who went through surgery during that season of history. Some were in and out of surgery for many years. I tell you all this to say that I would recommend aggressive alternate treatments. Her degree of curvature will influence the treatment options, of course. But if she is minimal, hope for a good life is great. Number one is to find a good chiropractor or acupuncturist and begin treatment immediately. Number two is nutrition. This is where I assume you come in. The pH balance is important. I would recommend calciums based on that. The Skeletal Strength, Herbal Calcium, or HSN-W would been another route, but she probably needs both approaches. Her diet must include some sort of kelp/ seaweed. Hijiki is a good one. Based on her body type, make sure that she is getting good general nutrition. If she has been a typical American diet kind of person, then she must change. Her body needs the building blocks to grow right. I am getting preachy. Sorry. There is one supplement that I would recommend outside of NSP. Nutritional Resources has something called MC (Mineral Colloid) that is from soft rock phosphate. It is chemically different from the Colloidal Minerals, although the names seem to be similar. NSP does not have a matching product. One source recently identified a link with emotional issues to scoliosis. Perhaps you could inquire about family stresses. Number three is to put her into the swimming pool daily. That kind of exercise is vital. Yoga may be a good alternative. She needs to get in touch with her body and the stretches are very good for her. For the long term, weight management is important. Some of us old timers use excess weight to hide the deformity. But it bites us by stressing the joints and spine. Pretty long answer. I hope something helps her. -Richard Lund
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: