Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Scabies

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 6:13 pm    Post subject: Scabies Reply with quote

Scabies

Scabies Greetings - My mother is suffering from a severe case of scabies she contracted from the hospital. Does anyone have firsthand experience with this? We've been doing all the suggested methods of cleaning the bedding and bathing each day. She is also under the care of a dermatologist and has a special cream she has to apply once a week. I've used Pau d' Arco Lotion mixed with melaleuca and Lavender E.O. and have even used the oils neat on her. Please, if anyone has any firsthand experience, we would appreciate the help!! -Nancy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Although it is not mentioned in the literature, I would certainly try the Paw Paw Lice Remover Shampoo. Follow the same directions and let the lotion set on the affected area. Instead of a comb, I would use something slightly abrasive for the skin. Please let us know if this works. I was told it should work for scabies. -Jennifer Weiss
Hello Jennifer. Thank you for your response. I decided not to use the Paw Paw shampoo as it is for lice which is external and scabies is an internal mite under the skin. I would hope that those durn things are dead by now with all the things we have applied on Mom's skin! I've had her on Pregnenolone, Red Clover, and Yellow Dock. I plan to add BP-X (Yellow Dock is gone), Zinc, and Black Walnut extract both internally and externally thanks to some other suggestions. Since this is a parasite, I'm sure a parasite regimen needs to be done. Poor thing! She also had a stroke just in August so it is very hard to bomb bard her with so many things. Peace to all and thanks for the responses. I will keep the forum updated on her condition. -Nancy
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Black Walnut extract applied externally eliminated the itching! Thanks -Nancy
Q: I am working in along term care facility where there has been an outbreak of scabies. Is there a blend of oils I can use to prevent being infected. Thanks for any suggestions you may have. -Kathy Fircha
Scabies: 10 drops in Epsom Salt bath - total immersion required! -Deborah L. Fischer
Found this in Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Bergamot, Lavender and Peppermint have been used to treat. -Sandy Nesky
I know that Black Walnut extract isn't an essential oil but it will get rid of scabies....rub on the areas that the scabies are and also can be taken internally. -Gwen
I would use the Guardian blend or just plain oil trusty Tea Tree Oil if you don't have Guardian. -Nancy Coulter
I've been researching essential oils lately, and I read in the HART book that cinnamon leaf is particularly good to use for scabies and other skin manifestations. -Dee
Q: My son is doing somewhat better, but still getting new areas of rash and itching. He took his second bath with Tea Tree oil today. Would anyone know how long it would take for the Tea Tree oil and the Black Walnut to work before he is free of new rashes? Do the new areas mean he is still contagious? None of the other family members have had any symptoms yet, but, just in case, will take a Tea Tree oil bath today. Thanks again for all your help...it is so frustrating to see your child in pain and discomfort! -Scabies Greetings - My mother is suffering from a severe case of scabies she contracted from the hospital. Does anyone have firsthand experience with this? We've been doing all the suggested methods of cleaning the bedding and bathing each day. She is also under the care of a dermatologist and has a special cream she has to apply once a week. I've used Pau d'Arco Lotion mixed with melaleuca and Lavender E.O. and have even used the oils neat on her. Please, if anyone has any firsthand experience, we would appreciate the help!! -Nancy
Although it is not mentioned in the literature, I would certainly try the Paw Paw Lice Remover Shampoo. Follow the same directions and let the lotion set on the affected area. Instead of a comb, I would use something slightly abrasive for the skin. Please let us know if this works. I was told it should work for scabies. -Jennifer Weiss
Hello Jennifer. Thank you for your response. I decided not to use the Paw Paw shampoo as it is for lice which is external and scabies is an internal mite under the skin. I would hope that those durn things are dead by now with all the things we have applied on Mom's skin! I've had her on Pregnenolone, Red Clover, and Yellow Dock. I plan to add BP-X (Yellow Dock is gone), Zinc, and Black Walnut extract both internally and externally thanks to some other suggestions. Since this is a parasite, I'm sure a parasite regimen needs to be done. Poor thing! She also had a stroke just in August so it is very hard to bomb bard her with so many things. Peace to all and thanks for the responses. I will keep the forum updated on her condition. -Nancy
Just wanted to let everyone know that the Black Walnut Extract applied externally eliminated the itching! Thanks -Nancy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: I am working in along term care facility where there has been an outbreak of scabies. Is there a blend of oils I can use to prevent being infected. Thanks for any suggestions you may have. -Kathy Fircha
Scabbies: 10 drops in Epsom Salt bath- total immersion required! -Deborah L. Fischer
Found this in Reference Guide for Essential Oils. Bergamot, Lavender and Peppermint have been used to treat. -Sandy Nesky
I know that Black Walnut extract isn't an essential oil but it will get rid of scabies....rub on the areas that the scabies are and also can be taken internally. -Gwen
I would use the Guardian blend or just plain oil trusty Tea Tree Oil if you don't have Guardian. -Nancy Coulter
I've been researching essential oils lately, and I read in the HART book that cinnamon leaf is particularly good to use for scabies and other skin manifestations. -Dee
Ok, Nancy -- it sounds like you have only treated it externally. I would try something internally also. Here are some other suggestions that I found that make sense to me . . . AND a minor testimonial. I would try Pau D' Arco Extract or tea and Black Walnut (extract if you are trying to avoid him having to take many capsules) Be sure to give him enough to get the job done tho.

Pau d' Arco and Wild Yam are listed for scabies, Black Walnut Extract internally and externally.

Testimonial: Just wanted to let everyone know that the Black Walnut extract applied externally eliminated the itching!

Try treating internally also and let us know how it works. -G.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: