Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Ringworm

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 6:44 pm    Post subject: Ringworm Reply with quote

Ringworm

I have a customer with a dog who may have ringworm. I've read Lavender applied to the spot daily will rid it eventually. -Ginger
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have used the liquid Black Walnut and VS-C mixed together to apply topically followed by Nature's Fresh sprayed on. Olive Leaf internally helps. -Kimberly Balas
Work from the inside out: Pau D'Arco; Black Walnut; Garlic, Artemisia Combo. Dilute the Lavender in a ratio of 1:10. -Lisa Ayala
Tea Tree Oil topically -Gudrun E. Van Dyke
Also, Black Walnut Extract and AC Healing cream are good options. -Jane Plescher
I think I would try Para Cleanse.....May be necessary to go thru the process a couple of times..... About a year ago, I developed a spot on my midriff that looked like ringworm .... Wouldn't go away until I used Para Cleanse........Went away and never came back.... -V. LeNore Reed
A client was going to give her cat Tea Tree Oil on his ringworm but then read that it was toxic for cats. Has anyone heard of this? any problems using on a cat? Thank you -Sharyl
I just had this experience and I put Tea Tree Oil all over my 6 week old kittens ear for ringworm...for about 6 weeks. He is alive and as vibrant as ever...and ringworm free. We also did some anti-parasite work with him too...helped tremendously! -Lacreshia Laningham
Black Walnut, internally and topically. I used to use the extract if my goats got ringworm and it would clear it right up. Be sure to use enough internally. . . . . . . I would suggest 6 caps, 3 times a day. - Georgiana Duncan
The ring worm is a sign of low intestinal flora. Noni- at least 1 oz a day more would be helpful, Bifidophilus - at least 3 before meals for two weeks, then 2 Pau D'Arco tea - at least a quart a day - to normalize the cellular tissue and act as an antifungal. Don't be afraid to use colloidal silver right on the rash. -Thomas Mather N.D
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Topically treat the "ring" with a combination of Herbal Skin Treatment, Tea Tree Oil and Black Walnut. Internally something for parasites. We have use the Black Walnut. This has worked for us. The Herbal Skin Treatment really cuts down on the itching. Treat several times a day.

I understand one should not use Black Walnut internally for prolonged periods. Hard on the Liver???

Do their pupils always look dilated, so they itch their nose for no reason? Rectal itching? All signs of parasites.
Q: What does ring worm look like? How is it treated with NSP products? My husband has had a rash in the groin area and on the bottom of his foot. I made him some athletes foot ointment with Tea Tree oil. Took away some of it, but not the red bumps. He went to the Dr. long ago and was prescribed an expensive ointment which did not work. Dr. didn't know what it was and didn't pursue it (oh, the look of shock!! Cut it out!!)

I didn't realize this was still an issue. Is this stuff contagious? Thank you for your wise guidance. -Sandi
Because it is on the feet and groin area I would think it is fungal. Ringworm is a fungal infection that causes an itchy, red scaly patch wihich spreads outwards as it grows. It could possibly be impetigo which is bacterial and very contagious. Impetigo is characterized by the eruption of superficial pustules and the formation of thick yellow crusts. My suggestion would be to due the Para Cleanse with Paw Paw. Follow directions and take off 7 days and repeat a second box. Then I would have him take Black Walnut for several more months. -Sandy
An old Mexican woman showed me the simplest and most effective CURE for ringworm when my son was a child. Soak pennies in pure cidar vinegar over nite. Tape the pennies onto the ringworm spots and leave on, change for new soak pennies every 24 hrs. I do not remember how many days it took (being 30 yrs. ago) but not only did they go away (though the green stays a few days longer!) but they never returned whereas the other Moms battled them-with ast. products, natural & not, for months. I called it the Penny Trick Or you could call the Copper Dioxide Cure! one of them thar Old Wives Tales--literally! -Cecelia
Q: 12 year old that is allergic to everything. She has seven ringworms on her arm and is presently using Tee Tree, Lavender and Skin Treatment as carrier. She sings for the public weekly and desperately wants to be free of allergies and ring worms. HELP!!!
Thanks, -Jan
Ringworm is actually a fungus called Microsporum. The Tea Tree sounds good but I would also use Pau D Arco lotion as well as give the capsules internally. For the allergies...try Food Enzymes. -Suzanne
What is likely happening here is that the inability to process food (which is the root of most allergies) is also creating a good environment for parasites - internally. I have found that addressing this topically only leaves the roots of the process in place. I recently had a lady who was plagued with these. She MT'd for a course of All Cell Detox, followed by VS-C caps, followed by Liquid VS-C plus HSN Complex. Hers was a long standing serious problem but it has completely resolved - from the inside out. The other thing to consider is helping her digest her foods. When you MT consider the stress herbs as well as enzymes. I find that stress often impairs the release of our own enzymes (which we have made but can't release). Wood Betony is great here as is liq. Catnip & Fennel and possibly the Bach Flowers. -Pat Block ND
Picture of ringworm:

http://dermatlas.med.jhmi.edu/derm/result.cfm?Diagnosis=-516373929
I currently have 6 ringworms, all above the elbows, with three on face. Have had alopecia areata since I was about 5. Was talking to a friend her kids were treated for my same symptoms, except bald spots, which were itching, redness, red spots, and what looks like dandruff. Was researching scalp fungus and came up with two articles that brought up ringworm of the scalp, called t. tonsuraus, which can cause bald spots. Does anyone know anything about this scalp fungus or ringworm of the scalp. Does it sound like my case of "alopecia areat" may be a result of being mis-diagnosed? How do I treat this? -Elizabeth
- - - - - - - - - -
Black walnut caps internally and black walnut tincture externally directly on the spots works great to clear up ringworm. -Sharon Grimes
- - - - - - - - - -
I will second what Sharon said about the Black Walnut internally and externally. All I have to add is to tell you to take ENOUGH!!! That is critical. I would say to start with 8, 3 times daily. When you see them going away -- start decreasing slowly. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Good point! One more thought I had - Paw Paw Shampoo would be VERY beneficial for the scalp problem. It has been discontinued by NSP but I have the recipe from the company for making your own (see below).

Remember that ringworm is fungal. Increase intake of enzymes between meals and with meals and you might also want to try Pau d' Arco and devils claw. Don't know what you have available to you. Yeast Fungal Detox would be another choice. You have to change the terrain so it cannot have a host.

You can either put the Paw Paw Shampoo directly over the spots, and on the scalp, or take a paw paw capsule mixed with Nature's Fresh (1/2 capsule per teaspoon of NF), and coat everything well, to smother it.

Here are the directions for making your own homemade Paw Paw Shampoo from NSP's Health Sciences Dept:

Instructions for Paw Paw Shampoo

10 capsules of Paw Paw Cell-Reg can be opened and mixed into about 2 tablespoons of shampoo. This will be gritty, but still have effectiveness. In addition, add 7 drops of Thyme Essential Oil and 4 drops of Tea Tree Oil. The non-gritty recipe is below:

Combine:
The contents of 10 capsules of Paw Paw Cell Reg
1 ounce (2 tablespoons) pure grain alcohol or isopropyl alcohol

Mix together well in a small glass. Cover and let stand until particles have settled. Carefully pour off the liquid onto a saucer. (The alcohol extracts the active compounds in the paw paw capsules. Thus it is important to not discard the liquid!)

Add 2 more tablespoons of alcohol to the solid mass in the glass, mix well. Cover and let stand until the particles have settled. Carefully pour off the liquid onto the saucer. Some of the particles may pour off with the liquid.

Let the saucer stand until all of the alcohol has evaporated. When the alcohol has evaporated, mix 6 teaspoons (2 Tablespoons) of shampoo into the residue on the saucer until well combined and uniform in color. In addition, add 7 drops of Thyme Essential Oil and 4 drops of Tea Tree Oil to the shampoo mixture.

You can make a larger batch of shampoo. However, it will take longer for evaporation of the alcohol to occur. -Sharon Grimes
- - - - - - - - - -
Check out:
http://uuhsc.utah.edu/pated/handouts/handout.cfm?id=1192
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: I have had ringworm on my scalp for several years, have tried tea tree oil, stopping sugar, and various other ointments, etc. Any ideas? -Jane
- - - - - - - - - -
Black Walnut - Internally and externally. Nature's Sunshine has it in extract form and capsules. Either make a tea from the capsules or use the extract externally and take 4 capsules, 3 times a day. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: Help or cure for ringworm...large rings and rash over body. Can you recommend any herbs? -Debbie Gibson
- - - - - - - - - -
First off, keep the area as dry as possible. Do use a bit of Tea Tree oil to help kill off the parasite. Patch test another area first to make sure you can use this essential oil neat rather than mixed with a carrier. -Mike
- - - - - - - - - -
I would start with the Yeast/Fungal Detox along with an anti-fungal diet (e.g avoiding all sugar containing products, packaged and processed foods, mold and yeast producing foods such as cheeses, alcoholic drinks, condiments, fruit juices, cereals and other grains, mushrooms, processed/packaged or smoked meats and dried fruits). Don't forget also to stay away from corn and peanuts which commonly carry mold/yeast. Try eating the following for 2 weeks: low sugar fruits(e.g. green apples, lemons, limes, avocados, raspberries, blueberries), fresh vegetables; legumes (e.g. beans) Liquids: carrot juice or pure water, Nuts(e.g. almonds, sunflowers) NO peanuts or pistachios; If eat beef, only grass-fed (no store bought, which contains antibiotics and hormones). Remember that antibiotics are mycotoxins which cause fungus to grow/multiply; poultry, fish, eggs, plain yogurt. Try adding blueberries or raspberries (with no sugar added) to plain yogurt and add stevia. Yum! ; Don't forget to drink plenty of pure water, take enzymes, probiotics and fiber! Herbs such as olive leaf or Pau d' Arco tea internally. You can also soak the area externally with the Pau d' Arco tea 2-3 times daily for 15 minutes by soaking gauze/cotton in the tea and applying to the area. Make sure you pat the area dry after the time allotted. In my notes, I also see that Kim Balas recommends yeast/fungal detox mixed with Natures' Fresh enzyme spray and applied topically. Hope this helps. Please keep us all updated on your progress. -Gina
- - - - - - - - - -
I suggest black walnut,,,the liquid you can put right on the spot and take internally, or you can get the capsules and make a paste that you put on and bandage over the top of it. -Robin
- - - - - - - - - -
I got exposed to this at the hospital, and this is what I used. I used tea tree oil, neat right out of the bottle on the area, and yeast fungal detox this is also a good product. You have to keep working with it and do not get discouraged. Remember it contagious! So I would wash all my clothes and sheets, blankets and anything that you had contact with in tea tree mixed in soap in the washer. Make up a solution to spray the chairs with. -Darcy
- - - - - - - - -
Q: Does anyone have experience with treating ringworm/jock itch that will not respond to prescription meds? -Vicki
- - - - - - - - - -
I am a big fan of Black Walnut, taking it internally for it and you can make a poultice out of it to put on the areas of your skin where you are having the problem. -Robin Sockness
- - - - - - - - - -
Remember that ringworm/jock itch is fungal in nature and needs to be treated as such. As the other gals have said, black walnut; wear only white cotton underwear/socks and change it several times a day; wash your underwear in hot water and add some tea tree oil to the water. You can use Paw Paw Shampoo (search the recipe in the FAQ) and/or Pau d'Arco Lotion; drink the Taheebo Tea, also. Take some probiotics to rebuild your intestinal flora and stay away from all sugar!!! -Sharon Grimes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: