Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Restless Leg Syndrome

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 6:45 pm    Post subject: Restless Leg Syndrome Reply with quote

Restless Leg Syndrome

I have a group that I lecture for periodically with this. We have gotten results with Flax Seed Oil, Wood Betony and SUMA Combination. Massage with Lavender. B-Complex with extra Folic Acid is important. -Kimberly Balas
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have a customer who takes Skeletal Strength and he has bad restless legs...it helps to some degree. -Debbie J.
My Father has this and uses Kava Kava with great results. -John
Ideas: Her diet? Does she drink coffee or pop or alcohol? Does she drink plenty of water? Does she snack before bed? Does she go for walks on the treadmill or outside? Walks and stretching alone can put this problem to rest. Skeleton Strength can help with is too. -Teresa McIntyre
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have heard Magnesium is good for this. It will also be good for the heart. -Beatriz Nieto
Vitamin C, Cal-mag and protein at night. Walking, then light stretching will help. Massage will help too. -Teresa McIntyre
This came to me from a client. I decided to share since there is so much on restless leg syndrom right now on the forum: "I had restless leg syndrome a few years ago. I was sent for some physical therapy, then they gave me various strengthening and stretching exercises and had me join a gym and do some weight training. It may sound like a rigorous routine, but really it wasn't at all -- in fact, it seemed very mild to me and I didn't think it would work. But lo and behold, the restless leg syndrome went away completely, and stayed away even after I stopped working out. Two of the exercises were: lay on your stomach, raise up your head and chest, count to 15, return to floor. Do maybe 3 times. Second, lay on your back, raise one knee and cross it to the other side of your body for a good stretch; someone could even hold it for you. (This isn't meant or recommended to crack your back.) Repeat on other side. I was very happy to find out that this condition can be cured!" -Teresa McIntyre
I find that getting the person on either Colloidal Minerals or Trace Mineral Maintenance can help a great deal. -Mike, N.D.
Liquid B-12 complete and natural Iron such as IX can also be very helpful. -Toni Mitchell
I'd say calcium is also very important & no caffeine to cause the body to be nerved up in the 1st place. -D. Weber
Calcium, Calcium, Calcium. That is what is lacking in restless leg. You can take it in any form, Skeletal Strength, Cal/Mag or Herbal CA. Be sure to use with PDA for absorb ability. -Nolee
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My wife has had RLS for about eight years. She was discussing her problem with a friend, who had also had RLS during her pregnancy. She told Kay that 600 mcg of Folic Acid would make it go away. Long story - shortened Kay takes 1200 mcg a day and no problem. I have informed some of the RLS support groups of this but have not heard how they are making out. To find out what the RLS support site says see http:\\www.rls.org. The friend never had a problem again after her pregnancy. -Jon
Depending on the cause of the restless legs, the following have been successful for some of my clients: Vitamin E, Magnesium, Calcium/Magnesium, Skeletal Strength, and especially Folic Acid. Muscle test these and you'll probably find at least one of them to be successful. Make sure the person is taking Super Supplemental and some B-Complex as well.-Allison Cantilina
There are probably several things lacking in her body or they may be there, just not being absorbed. Put them on some Enzymes, Folic Acid, Cal-Mag, Liquid Minerals (Mineral Chi is best) and B-Complex with Vitamin C. -Peggy Day
Calcium + Magnesium (Skeletal Strength, Magnesium), B Complex Vitamins, Folic Acid - 600 mcg. Daily, Kava Kava (1-3 capsules) at bedtime, Colloidal Minerals or Mineral Maintenance, Any of the Nervine Products
Contributing factors: Caffeine consumption, Parasites.
Support Group web site: www.rls.org
© Lubecke Enterprises, Inc., 1999 www.unofficialnsp.com/lubecke.html
Kay Lubecke
I have found Folic Acid deficiency to be associated with this problem. Take 1,200 mcg. daily. Cal-Mag is also helpful. -Elaine Nerland
Have you added walking and stretching on a regular basis? How about massage on legs and feet? Shoes that give good support. -Teresa McIntyre
Restless Legs Syndrome: This odd-sounding syndrome is a neurological disorder in which a person experiences an irresistible urge to move the legs, often at night, making it difficult to fall and stay asleep. The jerking and twitching may not wake the person, but it does interfere with restful sleep. Often, someone with Restless Legs Syndrome (RLS) isn't aware of the problem, but is told by their sleep partner about their sporadic leg movements. Little is known about this condition, but it may be associated with low levels of the bloods iron storage protein, ferritin, say Murray and Pizzorno. Caffeine, tranquilizers, anti-nausea medications and calcium blockers may worsen the condition. A number of nutrients that build and support nerve tissue can help calm leg nerves:

High doses of Folic Acid may deter RLS: Take five to 50 mg. per day. [5 mg = 12 1/2 of NSP's Folic Acid, take B-Complex also] Take a Multi-Mineral Supplement throughout the day to maintain a balance of minerals, especially Calcium, Magnesium and Potassium, which help relax muscles.[NSP also has Colloidal Minerals, Calcium, Magnesium & Potassium individually] Supplement with Iron (Ferrous Sulfate) daily, 200 mg. three times daily was the amount cited in a study of patients with RLS, according to Murray and Pizzorno. [NSP has Ferrous Gluconate Chelatated Iron available in 25 mg tabs - You might want to take Digestazyme & PDA with it] Vitamin B-6 and Vitamin E are important for nerve tissue. Take a B-Complex supplement, and 400 to 800 IU of Vitamin E daily.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: