Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pulmonary Hypertension

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 7:38 pm    Post subject: Pulmonary Hypertension Reply with quote

Pulmonary Hypertension

I have recently learned the my sister most likely had PH; she is going through all the test to confirm this diagnosis as she has all the classic symptoms.

According to the medical profession there is not cure and she will succumb to a lingering death of either heart failure or suffocation.

I AM NOT WILLING TO ACCEPT THAT! She is in her 30s and has 4 teenage boys. I know that for every disease there is a natural treatment. It just has to be found.

Can someone please tell me if you have heard of any thing that would help her? Thanks much! -Susie
- - - - - - - - -
Look into what emotional imbalance that MAY have occurred sometime ago. Try Chinese Lung Support, Yeast/Fungal Detox and Yucca. Make sure that the bowels are moving as it should and a proper diet also. -S Mitchell
- - - - - - - - - -
Do you know what PH is? I just though it was a rise in blood pressure and thickness of the blood that could be fixed with blood thinners. Boy was I ever wrong!!!

Here is a description just in case: Not only does the blood pressure in the lungs rise to deadly levels, but he walls of the lungs thicken so that oxygen is not able to go throughout the body. How is an emotional imbalance related? My sister has never had a problem with that as far as I know.

Now I can see where yeast may play a part or even toxins from bowel slug. Thanks so much for your time!!!!! I really do wish to know the connection of emotions to the lungs malfunctioning in this manner. I appreciate your thoughts!!!! -Susie
- - - - - - - - - -
Each organ in the body is/can be - related to and emotional state. eg, grief affects the lungs fear affects the kidneys. The blood is thick the lungs are thickening for a reason so you do not just want to fix these with blood thinners as you wrote but try to find the reason and or the herb that will address this imbalance. Hope this helps. Blessings. -s Mitchell
- - - - - - - - -
Hello, My sister also had Pulmonary Hypertension. Her condition was "primary" meaning that there was really no known cause. "Secondary" would mean that there was a possible know cause like having rheumatic fever as a child or taking the weight loss pill Phen Fin (again sp?). This is a VERY serious condition and one that many people (including doctors) do not understand. Don't take this lightly - she needs to contact the Pulmonary Hypertension Association immediately for a doctor referral in your area. There is no known cure for this condition, but there are some medications that are being used to help people with this condition. Let me know if I can be of any help. You and your sister should definitely join a support group on-line or in your area - this is how we came to find out most of our information about the condition. -Shelley
- - - - - - - - - -
Dear Susie, I feel for your sister and your desire to help her. I have never dealt with this problem. But here are my thoughts from a personal experience with a positive RA factor (rheumatoid factor) blood result along with some research on Pulmonary Hypertension.

Years ago, I began to have labored breathing while doing very simple tasks and while talking on the phone. I also notice my cheeks get very rosy looking. Some time later I was found to have positive anti-bodies for Rheumatoid Arthritis I immediately embarked on a war with what was causing this. Years back I had heard that Rheumatoid Arthritis was caused by a micro-organism that lives in the lungs. I ended up taking Colloidal Silver, Pau D Arco tea and Grapine with protectors for 10 weeks. After this I took a blood test and the test returned negative. I have never tested positive for this again and the labored breathing along with the rosy cheeks disappeared. It has been 6 years.

In my research on Pulmonary Hypertension I found the following and other articles talking about viruses and bacteriums that affect the lungs. "The researchers checked lung tissue from 16 patients with primary pulmonary hypertension and 14 with a so-called secondary form caused by other heart and lung conditions. In an antibody test, evidence of herpes virus 8 turned up in 10 of the primary group — or 62 percent — but none of the secondary group. A separate DNA test confirmed the presence of the virus in the first group. In an accompanying editorial, Cornell University's Dr. Ethel Cesarman, who also studies herpes virus 8, suggested ways that the virus might enter the lungs. She said it can be present in saliva and, from there, breathed into the lungs." This was an excerpt from the following site: http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3077100

I would highly suggest you consider anti-viral/anti-bacterial formulas. Can you get anyone to muscle test her on VS-C, Colloidal Silver, Olive Leaf, Pau D Arco, Germanium Combination (oxygenates blood)…etc. Don't know if your sister ever used Nutra-Sweet/Equal on a continuous basis? Aspartame-Induced Dyspnea and Pulmonary Hypertension by H.J. Roberts, MD, FCCP, FACP An expert on aspartame products reviews new evidence of severe dyspnea and a recent death from primary pulmonary hypertension, attributed to use of aspartame products. I also found this:

Trace Elements and Hypertension Numerous studies have suggested that elevations in serum copper can raise blood pressure. Excess dietary copper can increase systolic blood pressure in rats, according to Wu and colleagues (1984) and Liu and Medeiros (1986). Elevations in serum copper and cadmium have been found in smokers, which may be the reason why they have elevated blood pressure, according to Davidoff and colleagues (1978) and Kromhout, et al. (1985). Serum copper was inversely related to HDL level (Kromhout, et al., 1985). Contraceptive pill users have elevations in serum copper and elevations in arterial pressure (Staessen, et al., 1984). Patients who suffered from myocardial infarctions had decreased levels of zinc and iron but increased nickel levels (Khan, et al., 1984). Hypertensive subjects that use diuretics have significantly higher serum copper levels. Increased serum copper has a role in primary or pulmonary hypertension (Ahmed and Sackner, 1985). Zinc lowers serum copper and may actually lower blood pressure (Ahmed, Sackner, 1985), Higher dietary zinc intake has been associated with lower blood pressure (Pfeiffer, 1975; Medeiros and Brown, 1983). Zinc is depleted by diuretics (Olness, 1985). Increased red cell content of zinc in essential hypertension has been found by Frithz and Tonquist (1979) and Henrotte, et al. (1985). Zinc is a well-known antagonist of heavy metals such as cadmium and lead (Pfeiffer, 1977), which even in chronic dosages has been found to elevate blood pressure. Hence, all our hypertensive patients receive zinc to lower copper, lead, cadmium, and manganese. http://www.orthomed.org/links/papers/bravhyp.htm Best wishes. -Lourdes
- - - - - - - - - -
My friend was diagnosed with Pulmonary Hypertension and mentioned it to me. I had just read an article about this problem and I had her start on High Potency Grapine. At her next test -the doctor could find no sign of the problem. -Betty B
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: