Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Potassium

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 8:02 pm    Post subject: Potassium Reply with quote

Potassium

I am trying to find reasons for your body system to not keep a daily input of potassium. My mother is taking Potassium and Magnesium supplements daily and her potassium level is staying in the low range. I also am trying to find out if a low potassium level could be responsible for a change in personality and for compulsive behavior. -C. Mason
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Parasites will keep potassium and iron levels low. -Drew
Is your mother taking NSP's Combination Potassium and NSP's Magnesium. If not try them. If so it may be that she's not breaking it down enough to get the benefit of the supplements. How's her digestion? Have you tried PDA or Food Enzymes along with the supplements?

Parasites can cause personality changes, especially around full moon when they become more active. Can you muscle test with a Para Cleanse Pack to see if she needs it? -Nancy
Q: What to do to bring it down or do I tell the person to use organic sodium to balance it? -Ehel Wilson
- - - - - - - - - -
This could simply mean that the body is too acidic. During metabolic acidosis an alteration of the blood causes and exchanges hydrogen ions for potassium ions moving potassium into the blood and excreted out by the kidneys. I would start with an alkaline producing diet of lots of green foods and the Ultimate Green Zone twice per day. Depending on other blood tests it could mean that there is a Vitamin E deficiency too. Also other things to check would be: hyperfunctioning parotids, posterior pituitary, hypothalamus or a hypofunctioning uterus/prostrate. -Kimberly Balas
- - - - - - - - - -
Increase sodium. celery and dandelion. -s. mitchell
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: Why would your potassium level be extremely high? -Donna
- - - - - - - - - -
Too little sodium. I'm sure there is a better explanation. Hope this joggles someone mind. -S Mitchell
- - - - - - - - - -
Elevated potassium retention in tissues is often associated with high thyroid activity. Over-stimulation of the thyroid can be caused by excess vitamin A. High thyroid function often over-stimulates the adrenals, so increased potassium is usually secondarily associated with increased sodium retention. Levels of sodium (and other essential elements) can be determined with a hair analysis. If sodium is higher than potassium, it may indicate an acute stress reaction or inflammation. If sodium is lower than potassium, an exhaustion stage of stress may be occurring. With potassium/ sodium imbalances, kidneys may be involved. If potassium remains high, conditions can result including elevated blood pressure, inflammation, water retention and allergic response. Potassium and sodium act as electrolytes and are also related to dietary habits. I can provide a list of foods that are high in potassium that could be reduced, but the potassium level is only part of the picture. It's likely that glandular imbalance and stress is a key factor. High potassium can also be the result of pH balance. -Marcia Willhite
Q: What to do to bring it down or do I tell the person to use organic sodium to balance it? -Ehel Wilson
- - - - - - - - - -
This could simply mean that the body is too acidic. During metabolic acidosis an alteration of the blood causes and exchanges hydrogen ions for potassium ions moving potassium into the blood and excreted out by the kidneys. I would start with an alkaline producing diet of lots of green foods and the Ultimate Green Zone twice per day. Depending on other blood tests it could mean that there is a Vitamin E deficiency too. Also other things to check would be: hyperfunctioning parotids, posterior pituitary, hypothalamus or a hypofunctioning uterus/prostrate. -Kimberly Balas
- - - - - - - - - -
Increase sodium. celery and Dandelion. -s. mitchell
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: