Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Poison Ivy

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 8:50 pm    Post subject: Poison Ivy Reply with quote

Poison Ivy

ALJ is great. I would take 3 or 4 caps every 4 hours until symptoms subside a little. Then 2 caps
every 4 - 6 hours till all clear... Sometimes Catnip/Fennel combination with the ALJ can bring
relief from the itching. - C Swadley
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My niece had a horrible case of poison Ivy, last year did the doctor thing and it went away sounds
good..... Bad news is that it returned... I placed her on Pau d''Arco caps and lotion to help with
the itching and to help kill the ivy. within a day you could tell marked improvement , sometimes
the ivy stays in the blood give this a try. -Herbman
Poison Ivy or Oak:
Topically: Black Ointment, Tea Tree Oil, or Pau d' Arco Lotion or Lavender Essential Oil,
Internally: Enviro-Detox or BP-X*, Yucca, and/or Oregon Grape liquid herb Ginseng & Vitamin
C taken before exposure will prevent recurrences,
Homeopathic: Allergy & Inflammation Remedies
-Kay Lubecke M.S., Author of Recipes for Success
Our son had a severe case of poison ivy. We were traveling at the time so we were limited on
what we had to work with. We rubbed Bentonite all over his lower body and let it dry----it
stopped the itching and spreading. We had to do this several times a day, but this was worth the
effort to end his misery. -Ardis Nehlich
Try a Bentonite bath, and then add Peppermint and Lavender Essential Oils to the regime. You
need to do the bath & the oils for it to work. -Michelle Clampit
Or you can take regular oats and process them in a little coffee bean grinder (which is invaluable
for grinding herbs) or a food processor till they are powdery and use them in a bath. -Deana
Persson
Pau d' Arco Lotion. You should do a complete program on them, find out what herbs they need
and put them on it. After I started using herbs I never had poison oak or poison ivy again. Seems
the Homeopathic Sciatia has poison ivy in it. Like cures like. A friend told me her mom made
them eat a poison ivy leaf when they were kids so they'd never get it. Anyway, a lot of allergies go
away when you get on a good herbal program and stay on it. -Frances Burt
I too have noticed I don't get it anymore since using herbs. My kids sometimes get it and I use
Herbal Trim Skin Treatment on them, it takes away the itch and draws out the poison. I believe I
also read to use BP-X for cleansing the blood but we haven't done this. -Chottsie
Add another remedy to this list which we dumped onto...Black Walnut powder. Our son had a
rather severe case of poison oak (we think) and during the course of his running woodworking
tools (planer & sander) for a half a day, he did a batch of black walnut boards which dusted up his
arms etc. Symptoms rapidly diminished and he healed in record time without any other remedies.
Haven't had occasion to try it again since. -Judy Vedder
Colostrum aids skin/wound healing if applied directly onto wound. Open a capsule and moist it in
oil and apply. Yellow Dock made into a tea and sprayed on the skin may help with itching. I had
severe hives from the chemicals that were sprayed on our Christmas tree. My skin was very raw. I
found that raw honey really helped to heal me up fast. I was sticky sweet, but happier. Aloe,
Lavender, and Tea Tree made me worse as they dried the skin. Pau D' Arco Lotion, or Black
Walnut may help with the topical symptoms. Internally, try BP-X to cleanse and Vitamin C as
anti-histamine. Take Omega Oils, and Vitamin A/D to help heal the skin. -Elaine Nerland
Oregon Grape is fantastic for any skin problem. Take internally. Black Walnut applied externally
or even Aloe compresses. -Marty Kliesh
What finally worked to improve the poison ivy was to do soaks with Pau D'' Arco Tea (2-3 x's
daily) apply Herbal Trim with Lavender Oil, and internally take VS-C, Olive Leaf Extract, High
Potency Garlic, BP-X and drink lots of chlorophyll. While the swelling was great, she also used
the Inflammation Homeopathic. She is now regrowing the skin and the pain is gone. What an
experience. Thank you for all your help--we also tried the Pau D’ Arco Lotion, Golden Salve,
Black Ointment, Bentonite soaks. -Angelica Pattison
I always use Black Walnut and BP-X for poison ivy, but would also use Lavender in the massage
oil and Wild Oregano mixed. It may clear the skin faster with the last two, which I haven''t had
occasion to use yet, but the BP-X and Black Walnut always work. When I can''t muscle test, like
when I work with an Internet client, I always tell them 10 a day of the Black Walnut and 6-8 of
the BP-X and they are always over it within 4 days and there is no spreading. -Nolee
I would try Yarrow, both internally and externally. Yarrow will neutralize anything in the blood. -
Wldflwr
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: My husband has a pretty bad case of poison ivy. We have the rhus toxi.... and Dr.
West's spray. What else can he do to get rid of it? Thanks. -Carole Rishel
- - - - - - - - - -
Tei Fu Oil externally. You can also put the Lobelia essence in a spray bottle with Tei Fu
and spray it on instead of rubbing it on. Very soothing. Internally, take 3 Bee Pollen, 3
Ginseng & 3 Licorice Root every 2-3 hours. These help the body produce steroids,
which the docs give a steroid shot if you go in to ER. If it is infected, add immune
support herbs, too. Been there, it's miserable, the steroid herbs is what always work for
me...my adrenals always need help! -Desiree
- - - - - - - - - -
My Husband gets poison ivy every year and we keep trying things and getting better
results each time. This last discovery was the best: Lemon essential oil, in some aloe
vera gel. It dried it up over night! I tried it and 2 others did as well and it worked for
all of us. I usually warn people not to use it if the skin is very inflamed as lemon is said
to irritate the skin. That's why I decided to add the aloe gel, you could also add
lavender oil to soothe. After my husband originally tried this, I found out from a local
resident here that an old time recipe for poison ivy was lemon juice. -Valerie Greguire
- - - - - - - - - -
Good old Burdock root. NSP capsules, 6 am, 6 PM will do the job. Topically use Pau De
Arco lotion and take only cool water baths and showers. -Suzanne
- - - - - - - - - -
What has worked for us in the past is to rub our bentonite all over the outbreak. It
seems like it puts a seal over the rash and stops the itching. Maybe this would help
your husband also. -Ardis Nehlich
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: My son has a terrible case of poison ivy. He's taken benedryl (both orally and
topically) and used calamine lotion. Ginger and homemade soap baths have calmed the
itching temporarily. Any suggestions would be appreciated. -Karen
- - - - - - - - - -
My son always gets poison ivy!! We take BP-x to clean blood stream as it is in blood.
Take something to get bowels going to to get it out of the system - Bowel Detox (bowel
build) is pretty mild. Pantothenic acid is a natural antihistamine for the itching. We
have not tried lavender baths yet but I used that for a guttata psoriasis rash I had and it
was great! -B. Chambers
- - - - - - - - - -
I just had a terrible case myself. I used a solution of half vinegar and half alcohol to dry
it up. Vitamin C helped with the itching. -Tracey
- - - - - - - - - -
The Black Ointment is great to pull toxins and stop any kind of itching. Vitamin C helps
also to prevent poison ivy. -Cheryl
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
23 drops of Guardian into 2 ounces of Herbal Skin Treatment; apply externally. BP-X
internally. -Sharon Grimes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: