Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pneumonia

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 8:51 pm    Post subject: Pneumonia Reply with quote

Pneumonia

I had a call from neighbor that is recovering from pneumonia ... is looking for a lung builder and cleanser, then a good cleanse to get the built up antibiotics from her system. Am open to recommendations. The only things that I know that she is taking on a regular basis is a multi-vitamin (which I am going to suggest she try our Super Supplemental) and Hawthorn (I thought I would suggest HS-II.-EBN
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: What could I suggest for someone dealing with pneumonia? -Cynthia Leonard
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Time, water, ALJ and something for the cause.

Pneumonia commonly is caused by a virus or a bacteria or a combination of both. It can also be caused by a fungus or mold. It can also be mimicked by the larva of round worms.

Let us assume that we are dealing with a bacteria or a virus. NSP has many things for these sources of pneumonia. Olive Leaf, Golden Seal, Colloidal Silver, Uņa de Gato, IGS II or HIGS, all have disease fighting properties. Then there is the excellent new Immune Stimulator with Protease Plus that taken between meals at maximum dose will turn the body's own infection fighters loose. These will help immensely.

Then there is the problem of the mucus. Lobelia is the old standby. Take enough of it until the mucus comes up and the patient vomits it out of the stomach. If the patient doesn't like that idea use the maximum dose of ALJ. That means 4 capsules or tablets or 30-40 drops of liquid ALJ every TWO hours, around the clock! There should be results within 45 minutes of the first dose. Easier coughing, (can be a bit scarey the first time)and better breathing. What does it do? It causes an increase in the production of thin mucus that helps the cilia get rid of the thick chocking stuff. It also sits in the stomach to absorb the mucus that is swallowed and help eliminate it naturally without recycling the junk in the mucus. It should cause nice easy stools.

ALJ and Pneumonia REQUIRE lots of water. A child should aim for a minimum of 1 liter every eight hours and an adult for twice that. If appetite is bad count any liquid, gelatin or ice pop toward the goal, then straighten the diet out as soon as possible. If the patient likes hot peppery foods encourage them to eat that because it helps clear the esophagus and makes swallowing easier.

Postural drainage is important. Take a look in your distributor opportunity kit. There is an illustration of lungs. Look at the passage ways. Some go down, some sideways, some up. Gravity will pull secretions downward, so change the body's position so that downward, that is toward the floor, is such that different parts of the lungs will naturally drain, easing the coughing. Head higher than hips, head lower than hips, one side or the other higher. A variety of positions are indicated to encourage the mucus to get to the middle and get coughed out. If you have access to a stethoscope you can tell what parts of the lung need to drain.

Percussion is almost always indicated. You should be trained to do this. Untrained people can make things much worse. However, if the pneumonia victim can walk, help them get up some stairs, and holding on the banisters with BOTH hands encourage them to jump with both feet at the same time down the stairwell. This is a satisfactory substitute for manual percussion. It literally shakes the mucus loose so it can be coughted up more readily.

If the client gets bluish fingernails, blue around the nose or mouth, get them to a hospital for oxygen therapy. If the heart is racing too fast and they are breathing too fast, go get some professional help from a hospital. They have the oxygen and the respiratory therapy that few people have at home. But be kind and gentle and try to get permission to use "vitamins and herbs from home." Then find out what the respiratory therapy schedule is and be sure to give a dose of ALJ about 20 minutes before the respiratory therapist comes in to do therapy. They will get spectacular results!

After a pneumonia patient is "well" they are not cured, their body is not over fighting the disease organism. It takes about 6 weeks for antibody production to peak. Anemia can be a secondary happening because they haven't been eating right. So use herbs to help with those things. Scar tissue can persevere for years. We found that regular minimal use of ALJ helps resolve those scars.

These suggestions are not a definitive answer. Some of us use ALJ, others use LH, Breath EZ. There is no end of the variety. The ones I mentioned above are ones that work for my family members without fail so far. Some feel that if the bowels are not clean the pneumonia won't go away--and this is particularly true if it is from parasite larvae. But don't do anything harsh with the bowels when the body is in such a need to get oxygen in and carbon dioxide out. ALJ will defiantly help keep the bowels clear in large doses!

Bright pink cheeks are common with pneumonia--the body acquires too much carbon dioxide, and it shows in the face.

Don't forget that pneumonia is usually a secondary disease to some other cause. A weak immune system is a possibility. It is much easier to prevent than to be sick with! So good nutrition is a must. Make every calorie count by having it loaded with good nutrition. Pneumonia is secondary to colds, influenza, bladder infections, kidney infections, strep throats, AIDS, infected tonsils, etc., So be aware that if the cause does not get taken care of the pneumonia will linger, and linger and linger.

Thought about mechanics: Pneumonia makes people cough with good reason. The abdominal muscles get very sore, so bind them up tight with some firm cloth to give support. During day time give the sufferer a large pillow to hug when coughing to increase the effects of the cough. Use Deep Relief to massage the abdominal muscles, alternately with Nature's Fresh and MSM cream. Help them stay in shape!

You can use Breathe Easy in a humidifier if the air is too dry, or sprinkled on the pillow, or mixed with massage oil and rubbed into the chest, front and back, to help with breathing. Tei Fu can be use the same way. (Some want the EO, some want the massage lotion.)

Hope these suggestions help. Breathe suggestions: http://www.wilkes.med.ucla.edu/lungintro.htm -Marilyn Navarro
- - - - - - - - - -
I would use AL-J (every hour or two) and LH (helps rebuild the lungs). I would also replace the good bacteria with Probiotic 11. What is she taking the hawthorn for? -Leslie
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: