Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pneumonia Shot

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 8:52 pm    Post subject: Pneumonia Shot Reply with quote

Pneumonia Shot

I would like to know what you all think of a pneumonia shots? My Mother-in-law, has had pneumonia two yrs running. Last year was the worst. Almost hospitalized. Doctor advised a pneumonia shot. She would like to know if this would be a good approach in prevention. Or would herbal be better? Please any info on this would be helpful. For I am new at this. Thank you so much in advance. -Treasure
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Well, I personally have heard a lot of negativity surrounding vaccination. Do I or Don't I, and well if It were me and if I were elderly and especially if I have had several bouts with pneumonia then I think I would get the pneumonia vaccination? No question. With vaccinations we have to weigh the good and the bad, and our need at the present time which is our current health, and history of disease, because vaccinations are not necessarily harmful, they can be helpful. It does not seem your mother in laws health is 100% and her immune system is already compromised, and one more bout with pneumonia could be detrimental.

I realize it can be hard to make a good decision these days with all the propaganda on the market. However, vaccines rarely kill people, but it can happen just like any other invasive procedure. IV therapy can kill you, and prick from a paper cut could also kill.

Here is food for thought every time she gets the pneumonia she is probably hospitalized if she is elderly, and depending on the type of pneumonia and during her stay she receives many harsh antibiotics, and possible solu-medrol or better known a steroid therapy to reduce the inflammation caused by the respiratory illness. It is necessary as the tissue in the lungs become inflamed and swell making it difficult for air to get in and carbon dioxide to get out. She probably has no appetite and so her body become a reservoir for what ever else is lurking. And her immune system becomes even more compromised, and especially even more so if there are already preexisting health problems. She has set up a vicious cycle her body is weaken even more and a blue print is written, so every time she gets a cold or flu it turns into pneumonia. Not to mention her exposure from just one hospital stay hospital has did her no good.

Infectious pneumonia is common in the US with about 2-3 million cases being diagnosed each year resulting in 40,000 to 70,000 deaths. Mortality is estimated at 14%2525 for patients requiring hospitalization.

If it were me I would most certainly get the pneumonia vaccination, then I would start working on ways to build my system using alternative methods. -Dee
If your mother-in-law wants to break this vicious cycle, she does need to help her body along so as it is strong enough in the future to destroy the micro-organism that is causing her pneumonia. Obviously, do what needs to be done now in order to prevent a serious bought in the near future, but for long term results this is what I suggest and you can look-up information on a lot of these herbs on www.naturalhealthnotebook.com

Since pneumonia can be caused by a variety of infectious agents I suggest the following every time she starts to get a cold so that it helps her system not get to the point of pneumonia: - Pau D Arco (bulk)- made into tea - Colloidal silver (1-2 tsp. a day) - Pine needle essential oil (10 drops in a humidifier as soon as the humidifier is ready to run) Don't use at night it might keep the person up. Not recommended for people who suffer from insomnia.

To help her develop resistance for long term: - Vitamin A/D - 20,000 IU's a day - Important for lung/lining health. - Cordyceps, Chinese herb - It goes to the "lung" (rule the Chi) and "kidney" (root of life) meridians.

Is traditionally used to help the body build strength, endurance and stamina. Offers energizing support to people experiencing fatigue. Aids the upper respiratory tract and promotes healthy lung function.

Helps the body maintain proper blood viscosity and healthy blood cholesterol levels. Increases blood supply to the heart and brain. Helps increase the production of SOD (superoxide dismutase, an important antioxidant enzyme.

Also, it is very important for her bowels to be moving properly. This is just needed for basic overall health. But when tend to get ill, it is even more important. She may need extra fiber like psyllium hulls combination or LOCLO. Once in the morning right at rising is a good time and plenty, plenty of water through-out the day.

A change in diet is also fundamental. 50% (at least) raw vegetables and fruit along with vegetable juices and wholesome fruit juices (Odwalla carries excellent juices. Carrot juice is the vegetable juice I have seen). Low protein diet also. The body works too hard on digesting what is considered acid forming foods so that doesn't help our Ph balance. Brown rice verses white. Stay away from margarine, milk. Use butter, olive oil instead and rice milk and/or almond milk to replace cows milk.

She may be in need of "friendly bacteria" because of antibiotics she's taken in past. So Bifidophilus or pro-biotic eleven is in order.

Also Immune System Stimulator should be part of long-term program with Vitamin A/D and Cordyceps). Any how I hope this is helpful. -Lourdes
I have just had a pneumonia shot, my second one after about 7 years. I am having a reaction with pain and redness in my arm. What should I do? -Ashley
All vaccines are dangerous - plain and simple. They are injecting into your bloodstream, the actual virus or bacteria that does in fact 'cause' the illness in the first place. If your immune system is weakened, as most are in our country and for that matter the world, you will absolutely have ramifications. There is really no way around having toxic effect from these shots. I'm am totally against them and would never have one OR ever consider it an option for my children. My husband is a funeral director and does not get all the shots that are so highly recommended w/i his profession. He's healthier than the ones that are having the shots and many have had serious ramifications from them. Especially Hepatitis B. That's my soap box talk for the day I guess. For Ashley, I would get 1/2 lemon and put it directly on the area the shot was given. I also would begin taking Vaccination Detox immediately and a Liver Cleansing herbal like Liver Cleanse Formula AND Viral Recovery homeopathic. -Sheila
I agree with Sheila, I spent 27 yrs in the service and believe, I had many, many, many shots while there. Since I have retired, I have educated myself concerning shots. I will never again let anyone stick a needle in my arm for any reason as long as I still have a say. We do not know what's in those vaccines (monkey puss for sure). Terence
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: