Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Platelets Low

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 8:55 pm    Post subject: Platelets Low Reply with quote

Platelets Low

My son was diagnosed 2 yrs ago with idiopathic thrombocytopenia. he was tested for leukemia, and all tests came out negative except for his continuing low platelets. he was treated with hormones with little response. Last year, by themselves, they started to rise, but today his blood tests showed a platelet count of 60, and a hemoglobin of 16.5 (which was a point higher than the labs normal). he is 23, and although educated, prefers to work in construction and demoliyion, and has a sod laying business- so he is out in the Florida sun and heat-ie-probably dehydration without adequate replenishment. He is graduating from college, and will loose his dads insurance, and is trying to get rid of a pre-existing illness before really being on his own. Any suggestions to combat the low blood platelets would be appreciated. -Pat Smith
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The good fats like Super Omega 3 Hi EPA and Flax Seed Oil are some food choices.
-Diane L. Toombs
I have a bleeding disorder that results in low platelets and cannot use our concentrated EFA products because they further thin the blood. I would encourage you to support the liver, the spleen, and use Blood Build and I-X. I assume he is also anemic? -Sharon Grimes
Make sure to take high doses of Vitamin C. I have brought platelets up by the thousands doing that. -Inge Wetzel ND, CNHP
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: