Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Peri-Menopause & HBP

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 9:19 pm    Post subject: Peri-Menopause & HBP Reply with quote

Peri-Menopause & HBP

I have been with Nature's Sunshine for over 20 years now and have followed Natural Healing for about that long too. I studied under a Naturopath and have had extensive study myself with many Natural Healing Training under my belt, etc....We healed miscarriage issues years ago and have 4 beautiful daughters and I could go on and on and on related to all the healing that's taken place in all our lives following the natural realm. I just need some encouragement here and am facing High Blood Pressure now as I continue to go through Peri-Menopause. I'm also suffering from Anxiety attacks which had left years ago and I absolutely hate reliving. My Naturopath friend has me on a wonderful program and it really kicked in immediately and my BP went down and seemed to stay regulated during the month (which previously it hadn't) but I still struggle with having it go up a day prior to my period and the first couple days during my cycle. As of current I'm on the down slide again after having just completed my cycle - so I'll have the rest of the month probably feeling pretty decent until the next cycle approaches. I'd love some extra insight and thoughts as I continue to struggle with knowing my parents are on HBP medication and have been so for years so it's inherited unfortunately. I really don't want to go on medication being I haven't taken any - ever - other than an occasional Excedrin. By occasional I mean one e/o month if that when my cycle disrupts my previous migraine issues. I had migraine previous, years and years ago, which have disappeared. NOW that I'm going through this stinking Peri-Menopause they have come back somewhat. I'm just bummed and up late taking my homeopathics and others stuff cuz I was awaken with HBP symptoms yet again!! Thanks for any encouragement you can offer to help me get my head on straight. I really need some hope right now. -Sheila
- - - - - - - - - -
Many conditions that the medical culture touts as hereditary are only such to the extent that you continue with your family's eating habits and lifestyle. As I said earlier, lack of estrogen can cause an imbalance in your insulin levels. When you go thru your cycle, the estrogen levels rise and fall. When they fall you get the hot flashes and high blood pressure, etc. It might be a good idea to get a blood panel done to see where you're at in the menopause cycle. Read Christiana Northrup's book 'The Wisdom of Menopause' and Diana Schwartzbein's books. -Carole Rishel
- - - - - - - - - -
Thank you Carole, for the response. It does make sense now that you mentioned the estrogen level dropping, thus causing the BP to go up. I went to my NS yesterday, the gal I studied under. I needed more nervous system help in addition to some Flower Essence remedies. We were able to tweak the program again and it's really helping today. Thanks for the insights!! -Sheila
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: