Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Paw Paw - Info

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 9:27 pm    Post subject: Paw Paw - Info Reply with quote

Paw Paw - Info

I was working with a lady several months ago who has been struggling with cancer for several years. She started the Paw Paw program and saw some improvement until her oncologist told her that it worked against her chemo. Her sister called today to say that she was sent home today and is expected to die within two weeks. This poor lady is now blind and has given up. She is only 41 years old. Her family has started her on the Paw Paw, Protease, Noni, and Immune Stimulator (along with some Pau d'Arco). I am concerned though because she is also juicing every hour. I am worried that she is getting too much anti-oxidant from the juice (and green zone). Does anyone have an opinion? Should we add the Pau d'Arco Power Pack? Stop juicing? She is on a feeding tube at this time. Thanks. -Jackie
- - - - - - - - - -
I would definitely stop the carrots and Green Zone while doing the Paw Paw. The carrots provide sugar which feeds the cancer cells. You may have to increase the Paw Paw at this point too. Try going up to 8 per day. It is unfortunate at the close mindedness of the medical profession when it doesn't involve profit for them!

The Paw Paw actually potentiates chemo to make it work better on the chemo resistant cells so this doctor doesn't know what he is talking about. He probably thinks it is an antioxidant or something. If you want more info on how this works then get the Paw Paw tape from Tree of Light or the tape from Dr. Romero from convention where he explains how this works. There have been studies done on how it helps chemo. -Kimberly Balas
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: Hello: I would like to know if anyone is or has used Paw-paw for cancer treatment? Also, if they have experienced side effects from using the Paw-paw. And if there are long term remission results that are known. Recent info would be most helpful. Thank you. -Mare
- - - - - - - - - -
After three months of the Paw Paw, Immune Stimulator, HP Protease, Noni and Food Enzymes, a 86 year old man who had both lungs full of tumors and itchy skin has only one small tumor left. He took Chemo and was faithful with the NSP products. After one month of the herbs his skin had stopped itching. His wife called me with the results after a lung scan! -Jan Sims
- - - - - - - - - -
Just recently this handout was made on Paw Paw. Excellent info to give cancer patient.

NEW WEAPON IN WAR AGAINST CANCER! Over 10 million Americans are fighting cancer. If you know anyone fighting a battle with cancer, please tell them about "Paw Paw":

For the past 25 years, Dr. Jerry Mc Laughlin has researched acetogenins and their role in cellular protection. During that time, he has published over 100 articles and studies related to the health benefits of these compounds that are found naturally in certain herbs. A recent clinical study with over 100 cancer patients shows that the extract (containing a mixture of acetogenins) may support the body's cells during times of cellular stress.

McLaughlin's research has led to the development of a patent-pending product, "Paw Paw Cell-Reg" available only from Nature's Sunshine Products.

What are acetogenins? Acetogenins are active compounds that affect the production of ATP in the mitochondria of the cell. ATP is our cells' energy production center and, hence, our body's major source of energy. Acetogenins modulate the production of ATP.

How do they work? The energy-inhibiting properties of acetogenins help fight cancer in four ways: 1. Stops the production of cellular energy in abnormal cells, while hearty cells remain unaffected. 2. Inhibits blood cells and vessels growing near the abnormal cells, preventing the transporting and mastasizing of cancer cells. 3. Enhances the effectiveness of common medical treatments for cancer. 4. Reduces ATP levels (the amount of materials available for cellular division). Where are they found? The most potent available source of acetogenins is the paw paw tree (Asimina triloba). The twigs contain the most concentrated amount of acetogenins, especially if they are harvested when they are most biologically active. More questions? Go to www.naturessunshine.com FAQ and/or www.pawpaw.tv.

FOUR WAYS PAW PAW FIGHTS CELLULAR ABNORMALITIES 1. Slows and stops the production of cell energy in abnormal cells; Paw Paw blocks ATP production in the mitochondria and cytosol 2. Prevents the growth of vessels in or near the tumor 3. Depletes the DNA and RNA building blocks necessary for new, abnormal cell division – effective against human CEM leukemia cells; proven to reduce DNA and RNA production in 3 days. 4. Kills cells that are resistant to chemotherapy – cancer cells, after awhile, can discern that chemotherapy is bad for them (that is why a particular chemotherapy protocol ceases to be effective and becomes chemo-resistant); they can turn on a pump controlled by ATP that pumps the chemotherapy right out of the cancer cells. Paw Paw prevents this from happening – thus it is very effective to use in conjunction with chemo-therapy.

UPJOHN research showed that Paw Paw compounds are up to 300 times more potent than Taxol; is more potent than cisdplatin, induces less weight loss, caused reduction in growth of tumor. ELI LILLY showed that Paw Paw caused a 60% decrease in tumor size.

Taxol caused 10% weight loss in mice. By contrast, Paw Paw compounds used with mice produced a weight gain – thus helping the starvation problem with more cancer patients.

SUCCESS STORIES - Testimonials Experimental study group conducted for NSP & overseen by Dr. McLaughlin contained 130 patients during the last 1 1/2 years. Many types & stages of cellular abnormalities were represented. Significant reductions seen in sized of abnormal growths (verified by CT scans, etc.). Significant reductions in antigen levels (as reflected by PSA, CA2729, CA125, alkaline phosphatase, etc.) These are not double-blind studies(how can you give one group of cancer patients a placebo when their life is dependent on getting treatment?) or perspective studies, so the medical community will not accept them, but they clearly show a trend toward improvement in quality of life and true representation of progress against cancer. At the very minimum, we will give people a better quality of life! Doctors may not always be there to cure, but we can always be there to CARE. Very few side effects experienced by those in study: Nausea and vomiting (3 people out of 130); Itching (1 person). There was no bone marrow depression, hair loss, etc.

PAW PAW CELL-Reg Works Fast: "My grandmother has liver and bowel cancer. Since she started using the Paw Paw Cell Reg, Nature's Immune Stimulator, High Potency Protease and Milk Thistle she has really turned around! She no longer is nauseated and throwing up and she actually has an appetite now. The diarrhea has stopped, and she really seems to feel genuinely better! She has only been taking these products about a month!" K. A.

"This stuff (Paw Paw Cell Reg) is just fantastic, I have lost 20 lbs, I know that is part of it and getting off of chemotherapy. I had surgery a week ago today. I came home buzzing the following morning and feeling just great. There was cancer in the two lymph nodes that were removed, and we're waiting to hear the pathology on the tumor in the skin. I'm doing excellent though, and I'm very optimistic that we're going to get it all. I'm staying on the Paw Paw Cell Reg. I just feel wonderful on it. I can not tell people enough how the Nature's Immune Stimulator boosts your energy, how different you feel when you take it. And my blood work has shown improvement!" Carol Britton, Cave Creek, AZ, Fall, 2003. Officially as of yesterday, I have a clean, clear cancer-free body. I am doing excellent. My blood work is perfect! I used Paw Paw Cell Reg, Nature's Immune Stimulator, Milk Thistle, Nature's Noni, and High Potency Protease. It is such a wonderful program and SO simple. Carol Britton, Cave Creek, Arizona, February, 2004.

PAW PAW TESTIMONIAL From: Kimberly D. Balas

I have someone that has low WBC and stage 4 cancer. Her CA-15-3 markers are down by about 125%!!!!

PAW PAW CELL-REG From: Kimberly D. Balas, PhD, ND vital4s@cfl.rr.com

From all the literature that I have read Paw Paw is for all types of cancer. They all have the same underlying principle in that they initially start anaerobic and then start to seek oxygen to grow. They will go through whatever (cell tissue, etc) to get there. The Paw Paw stops the ATP production in the cell to cut off the energy supply and prevent it from growing.

I have had people respond (checking CA markers) in as little as 3 weeks. It will work in conjunction with chemo in the fact that it will actually hold the chemo in the cell longer to allow it to destroy it instead of the body flushing it out like usual.

Contraindicated while using Paw Paw or battling cancer: *Co-Q 10 – stimulates complex I in mitochondria, encouraging cell growth *Sulfur-containing Antioxidants (Alpha Lipoic Acid or Super Antioxidants) – block programmed cell death (apoptosis) *Thyroid Simulators – stimulate complex 1 in mitochondria (7-Keto; Thyroid Support, Thyroid Activator)

Suggested Program :

*Paw Paw Cell-Reg - 1 capsule 4 times daily – Stock number 511-3, $34.95 for 120 capsules *Nature's Noni - 2-4 oz. Daily –Stock # 4042-7 for 64 oz, $58.95 *Immune Stimulator -2 capsules twice daily – Stock # 26.95 for 90 capsules *Protease, High Potency - 2-4 twice daily on an empty stomach—we suggest upon arising and right before retiring (keep on bedside table so you don't forget it) – Stock # 1876-1, 60 capsules Visit www.NaturesSunshine.com for more information on these products

For someone who has been declared to be in remission of cancer – assume they still have it, and continue to use the program until the cancer tumor markers are all down, and there is no further evidence of the cancer, then use the program a month beyond that time following up with the program at least once a month for the first two to three years. All the products except the Paw Paw Cell-Reg can be used forever as a good preventative. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
My mother is recovering from cancer. As for paw paw, in her first month her tumor marker numbers did not change. I talked to my herbalist, and he told me that paw paw works best when combined with other products. He told her to use Immune Stimulator as low immune often causes cancer and he told her to use enzymes such as protease plus. He also told her not to use any antioxidants as the month that she was not having any results she was using antioxidants. He said that antioxidants can even protect cancer cells. This is what I was told. If you would like to contact me via email and start a dialogue so we can learn from each other and you go through this and my mom goes through this, I'd be very happy to hear from you. My recommendations would be don't jsut take stuff off the shelf cuz someone told you to. Get a good herbalist who can do iridology or muscle testing or a combination of a couple of techniques is better as then results can be checked against each other. And, monitor your results. If it's realy not working for you, find out what yoru other options are before it goes too far. The sooner you get the right combination, the better. -Roni
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: Hello all......I'm wondering if Noni is still part of the recommended Paw Paw Cell-Reg regimen recommended by Jerry McLaughlin for cancer patients. My father-in-law was just diagnosed with the very early stages of prostrate cancer (out of 22 biopsy spots, 3 showed cancerous cells). As you probably already know, the options given by the dr. are the radiation seed treatments or a radical surgery, removing the prostrate. With the radiation seed, he would not be allowed to hold his young grandchildren or his little doggy for 3 months. His diet is not healthy (read smoking, several Dr. Pepper's a day, maybe a candy bar a day....processed food in his lunch box, he's worked for 30 years at the Hanford Nuclear Plant...talk about your risk factors!). I prepare the evening meals...so, its normally his healthiest of the day (lots of fresh organic fruits & veggies).

I'm hoping someone knows the protocol for the Paw Paw regimen and can direct me to it. In addition, baby steps towards a healthier lifestyle?? He doesn't have an aversion towards healthier eating.....just an ignorance and a stubbornness, YKWIM??

The medical dr. told him his cancer did not come from smoking. I shake my head at the ignorance that is allowed to "practice" medicine. Since 1 out of 2 men will get prostrate cancer (according to the dr. and much I've read)....my father-in-law doesn't think he could do much to avoid it. I disagree. Please help me enlighten him. -Lisa/Wa
- - - - - - - - - -
Lisa, I hope this will help. Men with this problem should take saw palmetto. The paw paw is good, we have a lot wonderful results with it. He may also do well with e-tea. It might be a good idea to muscle test him. But when i get really stuck i call the people who publish the heart book for natures sunshine. They have always been there for me. hope this helps. -Rachel McCulloch
- - - - - - - - - -
Thanks Rachel. He had been taking saw palmetto and one of the prostrate formulas for a year now. I think its one of the reasons why the cancer is so small and they're just now detecting it. We need something more, now, though...and I just wanted to get someone who knows the regimen to give me a yes or a no on the Noni. -Lisa
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I receive the following information on Paw Paw from NSP's Health Sciences department at my request:

PAW PAW

Introduction Cancer is a devastating disease for which there is yet no absolute cure. Genetic predisposition and mutations (abnormal changes in the nuclei of cells) caused by chemicals, radiation, hormones, and viruses account for 5-10% and 90-95% of all cancers, respectively. Cancer afflicts almost every part of the human body from the skin to the marrows and is indiscriminate of age. The annual U.S. death toll from cancer is over 555, 000 and costs about $156 billion in direct medical, indirect morbidity and mortality expense and losses.

Different approaches are employed in the treatment of cancer, depending on type, site and stage. In situ cancers are surgically removed and followed up with other treatments if metastasized to the lymph nodes and other organs.

Cancer cells grow and multiply rapidly and anti-cancer drugs (chemotherapy) normally destroy cancer cells by damaging their genetic material, thus stopping their proliferation. Some drugs work better together than alone, hence two or more drugs are often given at the same time. Unfortunately, most anti-cancer drugs are not selective, thus healthy cells can also be harmed, especially those that divide quickly. Harm to healthy cells causes the side effects. Healthy cells, however, can replicate and re-establish a normal population and size after chemotherapy.

Radiation therapy, also called radiotherapy, is the treatment of cancer and other diseases with ionizing radiation, especially for localized solid tumors, such as cancers of the skin, tongue, brain, breast, or uterine cervix. Radiotherapy can also be used to treat leukemia and lymphoma (cancers of the blood-forming cells and lymphatic system, respectively). Ionizing radiation destroys cells in the area being treated by damaging their genetic material, making it impossible for these cells to continue to grow. Both cancerous and normal cells are also damaged during treatment.

Newer forms of treatment involve angiogenesis inhibition, stimulating the immune system to fight cancer, bone marrow and peripheral stem cell transplantation, and gene and photodynamic therapy.

Possible side effects of cancer treatment include loss of hair, skin irritation, infection, anemia (due to bone marrow depression), temporary change in skin color in the treated area, bleeding (platelet depletion), infections, chemo-induced cancer, and generalized weakness. Other side effects are largely dependent on the area of the body that is treated.

Research information suggests that the bioactive compounds in paw paw will prevent the growth of cancer cells and shrink tumors. Paw paw extract containing standardized mixtures of annonaceous acetogenins from the paw paw (Asimina triloba) tree.

Scientific Information The paw paw tree is native to the eastern U.S. The fruits are banana-like and have been consumed by Native Americans for thousands of years. Eli Lilly and Company sold a liquid extract of its seeds at the end of the 1800's as an emetic. Thus, it has a history of safe human use and consumption.

Annonaceous acetogenins are complex mixtures of long chain fatty acids derivatives from the extracts of the twigs of the paw paw tree. Many of the acetogenins have been isolated and characterized, and their numerous health benefits are being explored. Three, bullatacin, asimicin, and trilobacin, have been identified as the most potent, major, bioactive structural types of acetogenins in the paw paw concentrate. 1-6

Difficulties with most of the chemotherapeutic drugs emanate from their concurrent eradication of normal healthy cells, including those responsible for immunity.

Tumor cells grow and replicate more rapidly than normal cells. This is because they are better equipped to receive glucose, a good source of energy for fast replication. Also, cancer cells quickly develop a network of blood vessels (angiogenesis) to ensure an efficient supply of nutrients and oxygen. This is partly why cancer patients lose weight; the cancer cells rapidly take up nutrients meant for normal cells.

Furthermore, with chemotherapy cancer cells develop resistance to the drugs, rendering chemotherapy useless and futile after a period of remission. The same principle applies to other diseases that have become drug resistant, such as malaria. The organisms and cancer cells smartly find a way of protecting themselves from the damaging effects of drugs. They generate what is called the ABC transporter superfamily, which transports a variety of substrates including amino acids, sugars, inorganic ions, polysaccharides, peptides, and proteins into the cells. In cancer cells, a member of this superfamily, called the multidrug resistant (MDR) protein, is overexpressed and helps to pump drugs out of the cancer cells, making the cancer cells simultaneously resistant to a variety of drugs. Thus, the cancer cells are protected from the toxic effects of drug combinations.

Annonaceous acetogenins may be good chemotherapeutic agents for cancer. These compounds inhibit mitochondrial and cytoplasmic production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP), which is the major source of energy for the cells and also a precursor of the nucleotides needed to produce DNA and RNA. Annonaceous acetogenins inhibit the enzymes of complex I in the electron transport system in mitochondria. 7-12 They also inhibit the NADH oxidases found in the plasma membranes of tumor cells. 13 Their net effect is depletion of ATP levels.

Tumor cells, being typically metabolically more active, are more susceptible than normal cells to the effects of the acetogenins. Angiogenesis requires ATP 14 and angiostatin blocks angiogenesis by inhibiting ATP synthase. 15 Thus, ATP depletion helps to block the growth of new vessels to nourish tumors. Tyrosine kinases, which play roles in tumor progression, are also inhibited by ATP depletion. 16

Annonaceous acetogenins also thwart MDR tumor cells. The protein pumps (p 170 glycoproteins), which extrude the drugs from the tumor cells are energized by ATP.17-24 Thus, by depleting ATP, the glycoproptein pumps become dysfunctional.

Ongoing studies confirm the benefits of paw paw extracts in clinical cancer treatments. Paw paw extracts can be used to inhibit the growth of cancer cells and as effective alternative or supplement to chemotherapeutic agents. Research studies also show that paw paw extracts have anthelmintic (worm controlling) benefits.

Contraindication It is not advisable to take Paw paw with nutritional supplements like CoQ10 and thyroid stimulators, as these supplements enhance mitochondrial complex 1 activities and energy production, respectively. Likewise, antioxidants block programmed cell deaths (apoptosis) and can reverse the damaging effects of paw paw on the cancer cells.

Safety/Toxicity The acetogenins are not mutagenic. Unlike most antitumor drugs, acetogenins do not exert their effects by poisoning DNA; they selectively inhibit ATP production. These results have been confirmed in a recent publication in which two paw paw acetogenins were found to be antimicrobial but not mutagenic. 25 In other unpublished results (Asta Laboratories), bullatacin was emetic in pigs. This result demonstrated that the acetogenins very likely explain the former use of Eli Lilly's liquid extract of paw paw seeds as an emetic preparation. Unpublished report shows that vomiting (emesis) prevented toxicity of paw paw capsules in dogs. Emesis is a definite safety factor should someone ingest excessive amounts of this supplement either intentionally or unintentionally. Any potential systemic toxic effects are conveniently thwarted by emesis.

A recent study on the island of Guadeloupe suggested that a higher than usual incidence of atypical Parkinsonism there might be caused by the chronic consumption of herbal teas and fruits from the Annonaceae family (Annona muricata and A. squamosa); some of the benzyltetrahydroisoquinoline alkaloids found therein are believed to be neurotoxic and, thus, may be responsible for the Parkinsonism. 26 Such alkaloids were carefully excluded from the annonaceous extracts during processing of paw paw.

References 1. Rupprecht, J.K.,C.-J. Chang, J.M. Cassady, J.L. McLaughlin, K.L. Mikolajczak, and D. Weisleder, "Asimicin, a new cytotoxic and pesticidal acetogenin from the paw paw, Asimina triloba (Annonaceae)," Heterocycles, 24, 1197-1201 (1986). 2. Hui, Y,-H., J.K. Rupprecht, J.E. Anderson, Y.M. Liu, D.L. Smith, C.-J. Chang, and J.L. McLaughlin. "Bullatalicin, a novel bioactive acetogenin from Annona bullata (Annonaceae)," Tetrahedron, 45, 6941-6948 (1989). 3. Hui, Y,-H., J.K. Rupprecht, Y-M. Liu, J.E. Anderson, D.L. Smith, C.-J. Chang, and J.L. McLaughlin, "Bullatacin and bullatacinone: two highly potent bioactive acetogenins from Annona bullata," Journal of Natural Products, 52, 463-477 (1989). 4. Zhao, G.X., Y.-H. Hui, J.K. Rupprecht, J.L. McLaughlin, and K.V. Wood, "Additional bioactive compounds and trilobacin, a novel highly cytotoxic acetogenin, from the bark of Asimina triloba," Journal of Natural Products, 55, 347-356 (1992). 5. Zhao, G.X., Z.-M. Gu, L. Zeng, J.-F. Chao, K.V. Wood, J.F. Kozlowski, and J.L. McLaughlin, "The absolute configuration of trilobacin and trilobin, a novel highly potent acetogenin from the stem bark of Asimina triloba (Annonaceae)," Tetrahedron 51, 7149-7160 (1995). 6. Rieser, M.J., Y.H. Hui, J.K. Rupprecht, J.F. Kozlowski, K.V. Wood, J.L. McLaughin, T.R. Hoye, P.R. Hanson, and Z.P. Zhuang, "Determination of absolute configuration of stereogenic carbinol centers in annonaceous acetogenins by 1H– and 19F- NMR analysis of Mosher ester derivatives", Journal of the American Chemical Society, 114, 10203-10213 (1992). -Lourdes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: