Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Parkinson's

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 9:30 pm    Post subject: Parkinson's Reply with quote

Parkinson's

Our 51 year old daughter has Parkinson's. Are there any suggestions on how to reverse Parkinson's.-Don
- - - - - - - - - -
Im not sure about reversing, but I would work with his nervous system. Things like Vitamin B Complex, Co-Q 10, Brain Protex, Essential Fatty Acids, Vitamin E with Selenium, and Nutri Calm are some suggestions. Blessings to you. -Suzanne
- - - - - - - - - -
Try NSP's homeopathic vaccination detox, and maybe some Kelp for awhile to help the cleansing of the toxic metals, that are unfortunately used in "preserving" the vaccines ! -Susanne Papalia
- - - - - - - - - -
Nerve Control and Chamomile at the base of the brain before bed to help with tremors. -Cindy Rowe
- - - - - - - - - -
I heard a testimony from someone who used colloidal minerals - and symptoms subsided. She could even drive a car again. -Beth
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: I'm needing some help. Would anyone have any idea what the beginning signs are with this disease. My husband just told me last night that for about a week he has been having a feeling of the room around him shaking for many minutes, then he realizes that it's not. He said that if it's him shaking, then he's shaking from way down inside. It isn't nerves. I've looked up everything I know of and so far all I've come up with is this one and overactive thyroid, but he doesn't have the other signs for the thyroid. I want to muscle test him. I just want to know everything I can before I do. -bj
Check cerebellum, Parkinson's reflex. Wen muscle testing this reflex is located at base of scull in back of head. This is the battery of the brain. It holds electricity for the body in reserve so it is available upon demand. If this reflex is electrical it means it is low on stored electricity. Products to test him for Chinese Mood Elevator. HS-II, Gingko Hawthorn, Mind Max, GABA, Brain Protex, Vitamin Mineral, l Glutamine, Niacin, SynerPro Calcium Mag, Colloidal Minerals. Also very important check to see if he needs Spirulina. More than likely he will. -Stacey Brown

Parkinson's and Dementia

My mom suffers from Parkinson's dementia. I want to try and put her on Brain Protex. Does anyone know if that would be safe in conjunction with her own meds? She takes Sinament. -Sue
Should be no reactions any herbal vitamin, mineral. These are simply food for the body. Only thing I would suggest is to take your natural supplements separately from prescription meds. For one reason this will allow the natural supplements to actually benefit the body. When taken with drugs synthetics the drugs will overpower the herbs. etc. and you won't get the full potential from these supplements. Brain Protex could be helpful. Do you muscle test? Might want to read up on all of the benefits of using Spirulin. Parkinson's is generally a lack of electricity in the body. It is starving to death. If we don't have electricity we are dead. This is why it is so important to feed the body nutrition, not just foods. to eat every day, but vital nutrition that is lacking in the foods we do eat. Might also look into Gaba, large amounts. Test if you can Life Protex, Chinese Mood Elevator, heart formulas such as Gingko Hawthorn or HS-II, Chinese Nervous Fatigue Formula. Main goal is to get some electricity back into her body. I still say large doses of Spirulina will be your best starting point. Hope this helps a little. -Stacey Brown
Q: Parkinson's with Insomnia
Anyone have any info on people with Parkinson's that suffer from insomnia. -Sue
I am by no means an expert on the subject of Parkinson's but I can offer some basic info on what Parkinson's victims can benefit from using natural remedies. These people are starving for vital electricity and energy within the body. Must charge their battery cerebellum with good quality electricity. This can be done with large doses of Spirulina. Spirulina is a blue green algae that is up to complete protein for the body compared to beef. Spirulina is easily digested and highly absorbable. Would also suggest a liquid Chlorophyll for building up blood quality, pure food for the blood stream, GABA, Chinese Mood Elevator, l-Glutamine, Colloidal Minerals can also be looked into. As far as insomnia, watch the diet, no caffeine, sugars or carbs, especially in evening hours. Might try B Complex every day to support and soothe nervous system, as well as some herbal formulas to promote rest and relaxation. Remember the general recommended dosages of these products is for daily maintenance. You are no longer just maintaining, you are trying to rebuild and repair damage. Therefore, don't be afraid if higher amounts of these nutrients are needed. Muscle testing would be most beneficial here. Get some high quality nutrition in this person using supplementation of these herbals and minerals. -Stacey Brown

- - - - - - - - - - - -
My mother has had Parkinson's Disease for over 25 years. In the last 8 years we have tried many things and the one single thing that had the most effect on her was Protein Powder. She is on liquid meds every hour and she would have a container of Protein Powder already mixed with water by her bed and with that she could buy herself more time before starting her drug regime.

Parkinson's is caused by a short circuit in the nerve transmission...nerve endings have been damaged. I think anything like Stress Formula and St. Johns Wort would also be very useful. I've read that St John's Wort also repairs damaged nerves. I would love to have my mom try that but she is elderly and now in a nursing home and so that complicates things somewhat. I also found that worry and stress sends her downhill very quickly. Dealing with emotional health is very important here. Exercise and massages are extremely important to keep the muscles from going rigid. Hope this helps some. Sara
When I was with another company, they always touted just plain old Lecithin as a way to improve nerve function and communication. -Mike Maturen
Parkinson's Disease - Low cholesterol levels linked with higher risk of

Polly Curtis, health correspondent
Monday January 15, 2007 The Guardian

Scientists are to investigate why people with low cholesterol levels appear to be more likely to develop Parkinson's disease, following concerns that statins - given to control cholesterol - could cause an increase in the numbers of people with the illness.

About 2.3 million adults in the UK take statins to help control their cholesterol levels; the American scientists have found that those with lower levels of cholesterol are more likely to develop the degenerative neurological disorder of Parkinson's disease.

The link between statins and Parkinson's is not yet understood, and health charities last night urged caution. But the scientists behind the research warn that if they get confirmation of the finding, in their follow-up study of 16,000 people, there could be a surge in Parkinson's diagnoses in the next five years as the effects of the drug set in.

The initial study compared 124 people diagnosed with Parkinson's with a control group of 112. They found that the people with low levels of "bad" LDL cholesterol were in excess of three times more likely to be in the Parkinson's group than those with high cholesterol.

But they also found that those in the trial who took statins were less likely to develop Parkinson's disease, though the study's leader suggested this could be because the group with Parkinson's had had low cholesterol all their lives and that the effect of low cholesterol could be cumulative.

Statins are the world's biggest selling drug. The drug company Pfizer reported sales of $12.2bn (£6.2bn) for its statin, Lipitor, in 2005. The National Institute for Clinical Excellence last year recommended more people take them in the UK, raising the number of customers from 2.3 million to 5.2 million.

The head of the study, Xuemei Huang, at the University of North Carolina, said: "I'm definitely concerned [about the initial findings] which is why I'm conducting a prospective study of 16,000 people."

People should not stop taking statins, she said. The risk of heart disease in those who should be taking statins far outweighed the risk of developing Parkinson's.

The study, which is reported today in the journal Chemistry and Industry, has raised more questions than it has answered. It has not, for example, established whether low cholesterol is a cause or consequence of Parkinson's.

David Dexter, senior lecturer in neuropharmacology at Imperial College London, said: "Although the association is worrying, the study was carried out only in a small number of subjects and hence needs confirming in a larger population. Lower LDL-C levels may also be a consequence of Parkinson's and not a cause. Indeed, the study did not take into account the dietary intake of the two groups in the study, [which] may be important since some Parkinson's patients find it difficult to eat or even swallow food, thus reducing the intake of fats."

Dr Huang said the well-established link between Parkinson's and apoE2, a gene associated with lower LDL cholesterol, supported her theory that low LDL was the culprit in many cases of Parkinson's.

Kieran Breen, director of research at the Parkinson's Disease Society, said people should be wary of such a small study. "Further research into any link between low LDL cholesterol and cholesterol-lowering drugs with Parkinson's is needed. We hope that the proposed study will shed further light on this. The exact causes of Parkinson's are unknown. Research is ongoing. It is generally understood that Parkinson's [arises] from genetic and environmental factors."

Peter Weissberg, medical director of the British Heart Foundation, said: "We are concerned that any suggestion of a link between statins and Parkinson's disease would unnecessarily scare the millions of people benefitting from statins in the UK. There is no evidence to suggest that statins cause [the] disease. On the other hand, there is overwhelming evidence that statins save lives by preventing heart attacks and strokes." -Sharon Grimes
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: I have given a client advice (that I got from the group here, thank you) for his condition, I gave his sister the advice and she to him, he, much to my dismay he went to his local health food store and got his products, I don't know him and he is in Fla. and I am in Texas, anyway he is trying to go the natural way but isn't sure how much to take of the products. I guess he is taking what is on the containers, He is taking Gaba, for tremors, Selenium, Spirulina, Glutamine, How much Vit.E and Vit B12, also Multi B's, his doctor told him that Manganese isn't good for him, I do know too much can contribute to the start of Parkinson, He also wants to know how much Co-Q10.

I just read on Dr. Wrights website that they have done studies using mega doses of Co-Q 10, I mean MEGA doses and it did make a difference. So does anyone have advice, that has actually helped someone with Parkinson?, If so please let me know what to tell him. Thank you, so much. -Jeannette Romanofsky
N-acetyl cysteine is great because of the glutathione conversion (I have some actually getting glutathione shots) However, you do need polyphenols to activate this conversion successfully so use it with the Green Tea Extract. -Kimberly D. Balas
Q: Hi all! I need to learn all I can about Parkinson's disease. Any resources and or ideas would be welcome! -Jen
Jen, When I was investigating Parkinson's disease (PD), I found this site very helpful:
http://www.diagnose-me.com/cond/C316373.html
It's part of a health analysis service that produces a cool on-line in-depth health report based on about 1000 questions that take forever to answer... Karen M.
I would definitely use N Acetyl Cysteine and Nutri-Calm -Lora
I read and learn more than participate and I really appreciate this group. Concerning Parkinson....my mother has had it for many years and we've had live blood cell analysis done with her and found that her bowels are quite toxic, alot of parasites and heavy metals. Keeping the bowels cleaned out is very important.

Parkinson happens when the fatty coating of the nerve sheath gets worn away and the dopamine gets short circuited and doesn't get to it's destination ( a very elementary explanation of something more complicated) Because of this Super Oil should be a must in this case along with the stress formula. For some reason, and I don't know exactly know why, the SynerProtein Powder has been very helpful for her and she is now taking Thai Go with good results also. Hopefully this helps -Sara Braun
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: Please let me know supplements that would be helpful for someone diagnosed with Parkinson's disease. It is already increasingly difficult for that person to write with a pen or pencil. Her hand cramps badly, and she can't hold or control the pen. There are other problems in the area of her neck. Lifting of her feet is difficult, and the muscles in her face--around the eyes--have begun to twitch. -Bill
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have a man coming to see me who has Parkinson so bad he is not able to sleep at night because of the tremors. Any suggestions? -Tonja Wells
A lot of info out there suggests this could be from Aspartame so make sure he eliminates that from his diet. The Treasure Chest suggests: Mega-Chel program, Food Enzymes or PDA, Damiana, Scullcap, Pau D'Arco, Stress-J or Chinese Stress Relief, L-Glutamic Acid, Mineral Maintenance or Aromin, Lecithin. "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" suggests that there is a lack of dopamine in the brain. It also suggests that the liver is unable to filter out or metabolize toxins that destroy brain cells. So working on the liver would be essential. Avoiding foods with additives would be essential too. -Chottsie
I've been treating my mother for Parkinson's. She started with Super Supplemental, as she was taking OTC vitamins. Now she also has arthritis, Fibromyalgia, etc. I added some Nature's Noni capsules, which has helped tremendously. She is on Glucosamine and Chondroitin. I tried to put her on the Mega-Chel program, which helped with the Parkinson's greatly; however, to no avail she had problems with the Mega-Chel. She has an extreme sensitivity to Ginkgo. She also tried the Mineral Chi Tonic -- trace amounts of Ginkgo again! (She didn't fare well on the Black Cohosh either, and the Black Current Oil created a rash, which it will in a very, very small amount of people. Naturally, she would be one of them. She is now taking Lecithin, Super Supplemental, Nature's Noni caps, Glucosamine, Chondroitin, Food Enzymes, Liquid Chlorophyll, Citrus Bioflavonoids, Vitamin E, Flax Seed Oil, HP Garlic, L-Glutamine (to remove the ammonia from the brain), L-Lysine (to help with the protein absorption), Uña de Gato, Eyebright Plus, Collatrim, and Mineral Maintenance. While she still is not 100%, everyone that has seen her since her return to home from my place, are totally overwhelmed with how much better she gets along. Her tremors are not nearly as bad, she thinks clearer, she can now sleep better, is able to rise earlier in the day and stay up later at night, and upon rising and can pretty much get a start to her day. Before, she had to have her second dose of Parkinson's meds in her before she could be up and about. She had even fallen down her basement steps and broken both legs and one ankle. Much improvement, probably because it is an overall program to improve lots of things. Also check for parasites, we did three rounds of Para-Cleanse and then a Tiao He Cleanse. My mother was also to the point where she could not hold a pencil or pen and couldn't sign her name. She was classified totally disabled and was placed on disability. This was a terrible blow to her ego, as she then lost her job. She is now thinking of returning to work. She still has some bad days, but nothing like before. -Lisa
Mega-Chel, (12 a day), either Food Enzymes or PDA, as directed, Damiana, Scullcap, Pau D'Arco, Stress-J, and Gingko/Gotu-Kola concentrate. Also, they should eliminate caffeine, sugar, white flour, red meat. Their diet should consist of mostly raw vegetables, seeds, grains, nuts and almond milk. You should also add a good antioxidant either Grapine or Pyruvate. -Bill
Parkinson's is degeneration of the nerve center of the brain - possibly due to free radical damage. May be caused by over-use of drugs which suppress the nervous system. Always involves high sodium, low potassium levels. Stress Pack or Nutri-Calm, GGC or Gotu Kola, or Brain Protex, Licorice Root for blood sugar levels, Grapine, Combination Potassium. -Darlene
Melatonin has helped one of our customers. -Susan Lebovitz
One thought on Parkinson's disease is that the capillaries in the veins are clogged (the back of the brain is where Parkinson's originates, just above the medulla), so that by calming the nerves and clearing the vessels, it should help. -Rita Louise
Anyone have any good results in working with Parkinson's? She also has a poor heart and retains fluid. Is on quite a bit of Parkinson medicine and is afraid of B-6 and wonder about the combinations of herbs and medications. -Geraldine Huisman
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Frankincense Essential Oil and also Sandalwood E O are reported to cross the blood/brain barrier and have been found effective in the treating of Parkinson's, among other things. -Maya Telford
Has anyone out there been working with Parkinson's Clients? This one of mine is on many prescription medications. My question is, with the dopamine-enhancing meds, is St. John's Wort safe to be taken for her (my client) depression? -Nina McKnight
Stress Pack or Nutri-Calm, Grapine, support for adrenals (Licorice Root, HY-A or HY-C), Combination Potassium, St. John's Wort. -Nedra Denison
I have a customer who has done well on Nerve Control for Parkinson. GABA Plus is for tremors. -Debbie J
I would also add Passion Flower, for the tremors. I currently have two clients that take it for the tremors associated with Parkinson's Disease. I also read an article about CoQ10 helping with Parkinson's Disease. -Jim Bledsoe
Both my father and stepfather have Parkinson's. Today Dudley Moore revealed he has Parkinson's as well but he has this rare form of Parkinson's that is a degeneration of the brain, I may have misunderstood this, my Mom was on the phone trying to explain to me about my dad when the clip about Dudley Moore was on. We feel both step-dad and dad have what Dudley Moore has. Both my step-dad and my dad fall down and get disoriented a lot. What would be good to suggest to both? I want something that will work as they are both in their 70's and time is of an essence here! -Kim Muovich
According to Kay's Recipes for Success: Degeneration of the nerve center of the brain probably caused by free-radical damage . . . usually involves high sodium/low potassium levels. She recommends Stress Pack or Nutri-Calm, GGC, Gotu Kola, Licorice Root; HY-A or HY-C; Grapine; Combination Potassium or St. John's Wort. I also would throw out any cookware not made of stainless steel or glass. Aluminum has been linked to Alzheimer's and Parkinson's. Get him off of deodorants with aluminum also. -Lisa Ayala
Would anyone have any idea what the beginning signs are of Parkinson's disease? My husband just told me last night that for about a week he has been having a feeling of the room around him shaking for many minutes, then he realizes that it's not. He said that if it's him shaking then he's shaking from way down inside, it isn't nerves, I've looked up everything I know of and so far all I've come up with is this one and overactive thyroid, but he doesn't have the other signs for the thyroid. I want to muscle test him, I just want to know everything I can before I do. -BJ
Check Cerebellum/Parkinson's Reflex when muscle testing. This reflex is located at base of skull in back of head. This is the battery of the brain. It holds electricity for the body in reserve so it is available upon demand. If this reflex is electrical, it means it is low on stored electricity. Products to test him for: Chinese Mood Elevator, HS II, Ginkgo/Hawthorn, Mind Max, GABA, Brain Protex, Vitamin/Mineral: L-Glutamine, Niacin, SynerPro Calcium/Magnesium, Colloidal Minerals. Also check to see if he needs Spirulina (or RNA). If it's Parkinson's, more than likely he will. -Stacey Brown
Parkinson's Symptoms
A new study suggests too much manganese, an essential element required by the body in tiny amounts but toxic at elevated levels, may contribute to the early development of Parkinson's disease symptoms in susceptible people. Studies have suggested an association between Parkinson's disease and elevated exposure to manganese. The new study in animals shows exposure to low levels does not directly contribute to the disease, but affects a different part of the brain in a way that exacerbates the effects of Parkinson's. Researchers at the University of California, Santa Cruz, studied the effects of low-level exposure to manganese on rats with a condition that mimics pre- Parkinsonism, an early stage of the disease in which no symptoms are apparent. Their findings were published in the journal Neurotoxicology and Teratology. "We are concerned about how chronic low-level exposures to toxic substances may accelerate the emergence of neuro-degenerative diseases like Parkinson's," Donald Smith, associate professor of environmental toxicology, said. -Richard Ask
- - - - - - - - - - - -
NSP is very cautious - this may be a contributing factor to why NSP does not carry Manganese by itself. It's better to obtain it in food or as a trace element. Red Raspberry has twice the manganese as any other herb. The next highest are Grapine & Bilberry, both in the very high range per to "Nutritional Herbology" by Mark Pederson. -Georgiana Duncan
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Anyone have any information on people with Parkinson's who suffer from insomnia? -Sue
I am by no means an expert on the subject of Parkinson's, but I can offer some basic info on what Parkinson's victims can benefit from using natural remedies. These people are starving for vital electricity and energy within the body. Must "charge their battery" (cerebellum) with good quality electricity. This can be done with large doses of Spirulina, a blue-green algae that is up to 70% complete protein for the body. Compared to beef's 20 or so percent. Spirulina is easily digested, and highly absorbable. I would also suggest a Liquid Chlorophyll, for building up blood quality, pure food for the blood stream. GABA, Chinese Mood Elevator, L-Glutamine, Colloidal Minerals can also be looked into. As far as insomnia, watch the diet, no caffeine, sugars or carbs especially in evening hours. They might try B-Complex every day to support and soothe the nervous system . . . as well as some herbal formulas to promote "rest and relaxation." Remember the general recommended dosages of these products is for daily maintenance. You are no longer just maintaining, you are trying to rebuild and repair damage. Therefore don't be afraid if higher amounts of these nutrients are needed. Muscle testing would be most beneficial here. Get some high quality nutrition in this person, using supplementation of these herbals and minerals. You should see a dramatic improvement. -Stacey Brown
My mom suffers from Parkinson's Dementia. I want to try and put her on Brain Protex. Does anyone know if that would be safe in conjunction with her own meds. She takes Sinament (? spelling). -Sue
There should be no reactions. Any herbal, vitamin/mineral, these are simply food for the body. Only thing I would suggest is to take your natural supplements separately from prescription meds, for one reason. This will allow the natural supplements to actually benefit the body. When taken with drugs/synthetics, the drugs will overpower the herbs, etc., and you won't get the full potential from these supplements. Brain Protex could be helpful. Do you muscle test? Might want to read up on all of the benefits of using Spirulina. Parkinson's is generally a lack of electricity in the body . . . it is starving to death. If we don't have electricity, we are dead. This is why it is so important to "feed" the body nutrition. Not just "foods" to eat every day.... but vital nutrition that is lacking in the foods we do eat. You might also look into GABA, large amounts (test if you can). Chinese Mood Elevator, heart formulas, such as Gingko & Hawthorn or HS II, Chinese Nervous Fatigue Formula. Main goal is to get some electricity back into her body. Large doses of Spirulina will be your best starting point. -Stacey Brown
Awhile back I read that someone went to a doctor for Parkinson's disease. The doctor gave him a shot of l-Glutamine. Apparently he got relief. I sent the information to my friend who has Parkinson's also. His wife took him to see Dr. Perlmutter in Naples and he got the shot. He didn't notice and thing for a few days. The doctor said that he should follow up with l-Glutamine in pill form. I gave him a bottle and the very next day he noticed a difference. The doctor told him to take 2 a day. He is just finishing up the first bottle. Before he started taking the pills, he couldn't' hold a cup of coffee without spilling it. Now he can walk across the room without spilling it! It's absolutely wonderful to see this! My question is, can he take more than 2 pills a day? -Herbal
I think you are thinking of Jack Souther. He did get the glutathione injection from Dr. Perlmutter in Naples. I still give it to him 3 x's a week. He still has the tremor. Other than that you can't tell he has a problem. I'm glad we passed the word on and your friend is helped. Jack also takes the l-Glutamine from NSP. -Ann Souther
Two Pesticides Linked to Parkinson's
Scientists have shown the combination of two widely used agricultural pesticides may be tied to Parkinson's-like symptoms in mice. Neither the herbicide parquet nor the fungicide maneb alone was linked to any manifestation of the disorder. When mice were exposed to both, however, they suffered brain damage similar to that seen in humans with Parkinson's, doctors say. The research points to evidence that environmental factors may play a role in the development of the disease, says Deborah Cory-Slechta, professor of environmental medicine and dean for research at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry in New York. Maneb is applied on such crops as potatoes, tomatoes, lettuce and corn, and paraquat is used on corn, soybeans, cotton, fruit and a variety of other products. -Richard Ask
Consider the possibility he has a Mycoplasma infection. This is something like bacteria. I would use lots of Olive Leaf Extract, Colloidal Silver, Echinacea and Golden Seal, and anything else antimicrobial I could think of. -Chottsie
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: