Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Panic Attacks

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 9:38 pm    Post subject: Panic Attacks Reply with quote

Panic Attacks

I have found Kava Kava to be very good for anxiety. When going through some emotional stuff a few months ago, I would take one or two when I was feeling like I was having a panic attack. It really helped. (It did not make me sleepy during those times.) According to literature, anxiety is one of the conditions Kava is recommended for.
I also found Lobelia/St. John's Wort to be helpful. The lobelia is calming. My manager recommends a combination of CA-ATC, Gotu Kola and B-Complex. -Maureen
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Stress-J liquid is good along with Nutri-Calm or the Stress Pack. Flower remedies are also good, try Distress Remedy. -Judy Nipps
I'm currently working with a young lady (23) with the same problem. When she first came to me she was experiencing so much anxiety that her voice and hands were shaking badly. We have been working for over 6 weeks now and she has improved greatly. I realize that every situation is different but with her I've been working with her fears and trying to get to the real cause of why she has these attacks. I have her on Chinese Mood Elevator which has her very calm and along with this program we are using Nutri-Calm, Morinda Juice, St. Johns Wort & Distress Remedy. She works on a self-esteem program of positive words she must repeat every day and night.

To see this young lady improved so much in 6 weeks has given me encouragement to know that you must work with people in a total way not just herbs. -Barbara Flot
We have found that anxiety attacks are always linked to hypothyroidism and adrenal function. We suggest that protein be eaten with every meal, that carbohydrates be greatly reduced, and that the person eat at least 4 times a day. Then add the herbs for thyroid & adrenal strength, and within a few months this problem will be a thing of the past.

I have never seen anyone have an anxiety attack unless their blood sugar is low. So, if you feel your adrenals are healthy, you must watch carefully that you don't eat too many carbohydrates or too little protein EACH & EVERY time you eat. Eliminate completely the following: Potatoes, bread & pasta, carrots, all juices, rice. Substitute fresh fruits & vegetables, except those previously mentioned, for your carbohydrates. -Kay Lubecke
I received this letter from a new friend and would like to get him speedy relief. My recommendation is for him to keep Stress Pack handy when he works as it can provide quick results when he feels the attack is beginning to occur and be on Spirulina and B-Complex in addition to calm the entire system and provide constant nutrition. He cannot continue to lose work. What I don't understand is the relief at eating Doritos! Could it possibly have something to do with the sodium/potassium balance which the Spirulina would alleviate in a much safer way by balancing those nutrients?

"Yesterday I had a severe panic attack, but couldn't figure out why. I drank alot milk that morning and ate normally, I don't like sweet foods, so I normally drink milk with everything, but it got so bad I had to leave work. I had a VERY bad headache and almost choked whenever I tried to drink. I almost passed out and saw little white specs everywhere I looked. Looked like glitter in my eyes. Don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I felt a lot better when I came home and ate a lot of Dorito's, the whole bag in like 5 minutes.

I have a friend at work that is the same way. We both have about a 3-4 hour metabolism and eat like crazy, but are both skinny. If we eat 4 times a day, we both go to the bathroom 4 times a day. I need to find something that works fast on my system, so I don't have to leave work, or take sudden breaks to calm down. Do you recommend anything?" -Nolee
Sounds like he may have hypoglycemia. If so, Super Algae first thing in morning and just before bed might help. It has helped Cyndi a lot. If he is just having panic attacks, or panic attacks with the hypoglycemia, then Kava Kava is excellent. I have panic attacks from Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and tried everything including Stress Packs, Chinese Stress Relief etc., but the Kava Kava has been a life saver. You might also want to look at his sleep patterns. Does he dream? If he does not, he is not getting good stag 4 sleep and this would contribute to both hypo and panic attacks. -Richard
For about twenty years I had severe panic attacks. My M.D. said that it was age or nerves or whatever takes place after you're thirty something. He was definitely wrong.
If an attack begins I simply pop three GTF Chromium all at once. Within a few minutes....it's all gone! What a Miracle! The doctor kept trying to get me to take Valium, Ativan, etc. for my "nerves". I don't seem to have the problem at all now if I take one GTF Chromium daily. -Patsy Reynolds
Client's doctor told her not to worry and that they couldn't find anything wrong, so she decided to go the herbal route. She has had these problems for over 3 weeks now, but last night had a severe attack of: not being able to swallow (tried to drink water and throat closed up), breathing difficulty (hyperventilation), extremely cold, light- heatedness and dizziness, disturbed vision. Prior to this she has been having headaches and has been throwing up anywhere from two to five times a day. She tested #1 on gall-bladder, two days on Lecithin and Hi-Lipase and she is not throwing up any more. However, I am concerned about the throat closing. She has so many problems and I am sure the thyroid is involved. She also tested that she had two types of bacterial infection and parasites, we are working on these first. Any ideas on these symptoms? -Debby H.
Sounds a lot like anxiety attacks. Find out what medications she's on including birth control as this can be a side effect. You might want to test her on things for the nervous system like Nutri-Calm that she can use until the problem is located. -Chottsie
Lobelia Essence will relax spasms anywhere--in esophagus, bronchioles, hiccups, muscle spasms in legs (apply externally for this). I feel these are panic attacks. Low blood sugar is almost always the main cause; although, the thyroid can also figure in. Cut those carbohydrates and slow the release of sugars into the system by always having protein and good fats with carbohydrates. Here is the information, which we have used very successfully, to help her prevent those:

Usually caused by weaknesses in adrenal glands and/or thyroid. Keep the blood sugar stable! Distress Remedy (Belladonna helps moderate the "fight or flight" reflex), Vitamin B-12 (3 daily) plus B-complex, Lobelia / St. John's Wort, DHEA. -Kay Lubecke
Wish I had time to go into this - Woodland Books, and maybe someone out there, sells a book called "Hiatal Hernia Syndrome" - by Baroody and it explains the physiology of this better than I have time to. Hiatal hernia can definitely be a cause of panic attacks. Getting digestive system working properly is the bottom line, but while doing so, it's nice to know how to deal with the symptoms. I have had all three of these problems, and in discussions with others like myself, there seems to be a pattern. -meydrech
Yes. Get the video - The Hideous Hiatal Hernia by Dr. Jack Ritchason - It shows all and tells all. -C Takerian
Having been there I can tell you that Panic Attacks are not fun. I began having them as a result of an extremely difficult job I had with the government and had to give up a 20 year career because of it. I must admit that I am much happier now. At the time I did not know enough about herbs to use them for my problem and had to rely on traditional medicine. Getting tired of the drugs they gave me, I started using herbs and eventually got into NSP and off the drugs. Your friend probably needs to work on The Adrenal Glands and probably the thyroid. Stress-J, Kava-Kava or St. John's Wort Conc., Calcium & Magnesium and perhaps Stress-Pack. If you muscle test, I would suggest you do so or have him try some HY-A for the Adrenals and perhaps TS II for the thyroid. -Nedra
BH (Before Herbs) I used to do that - especially if I didn't eat or if I ate sugar. Eating protein first thing in the morning and keeping a good protein/carb ratio should help. Depending on which way the blood sugar is going, either Licorice Root, HY-A, or Nopal may be helpful in preventing the problem. (check to make sure it isn't high before using Licorice). Chromium will help regulate it. If he has an attack, have him carry some Pantothenic Acid. 2 to 4 tablets will stop the attack within a very few minutes. -Georgiana Duncan
I need some direction and wisdom. I have a young woman, approximately 28, who called today and she is suffering from Panic Attacks and IBS. She said she has been receiving medical attention for approx. 2 years now and it has grown much worse-even with the counseling and meds prescribed by the Dr's. She is currently taking Zoloft ( 100 mg/day), Zanex 3-4 tabs per day (not sure of dosage), and Hyoscyamine, 1/day for IBS (.375 mg). -Annette
Is she taking any birth control? Does she have any heart conditions like mitral valve prolapse? Muscle test her kidneys. Fear lives in the kidneys.
Watch her diet and try (I know it seems impossible) to avoid stress. I think my husband has this. I also believe it comes from milk. His problems began when he was a baby and put on cows milk. -Chottsie
I'd start by checking for an underactive thyroid and/or hypoglycemia. -Deana
How about Nutri-Calm, Lobelia for attack-time, and Nature's Three with LBS-II. I would also add Food Enzymes. This should be a good start. -Denise Griffin
I suffered from panic attacks, but I'm sure it was because I had been going through candida. The toxins, I believe, were the problem. I had high anxiety all of a sudden & other medicines weren't helping. If I were seeing someone like this, I might test for Kava-Kava, Valerian, any basic nutritional herbs, Chinese Mood Elevator, Chinese Stress Relief, Distress Remedy. It takes a while to recover from this because it confuses you and you think it's all mental and you're in that cycle of thinking you have a mental problem. It could be lack of nutrients from poor diet and feeling out of control because your body is sick and out of balance. Plus, a lot of outside factors can influence attacks, too. People have a hard time risking change, If she is open, you can help her and it shouldn't take long at all for her to start feeling a little better. -Peggy Day
One strong suggestion is to make sure they are getting enough calcium, and it helps to take PDA to break down the calcium and maybe add Herbal CA or CA ATC to help with absorption.
It could be a thyroid malfunction. Check her thyroid (MT) or muscle test some of the thyroid products. The thyroid is the gland that regulates calcium in the body. -Brenda Holcomb
I suffer from Panic Anxiety attacks and IBS. The panic attacks go with my PTSD and I have found Kava Kava the best for these. For my IBS and Cyndi's we use Fat Grabbers. -Richard Ask)
She is right!!! There is definitely hope for this one. I just left the road that she has been on, and after being so close to death at my own hands, I am now feeling like life might even be worth while again. Get her started on Chinese Liver Balance, and Chinese Mood Elevator. Be careful with too much Chinese Liver Balance if her liver is toxic (like it surely must be) she will get sick. If that happens, tell her to back off a little, but under no circumstances stop. Also, check her for thyroid and definitely Calcium and Magnesium.

Try Nutri-Calm, Depressaquel Homeopathic, Stress-J, and especially the first B on the price list for nerves and anxiety attacks. Tell her to sit tight and hang on things will get rough, but that she is definitely on the right track. With Drugs, you only cover up the pain and suppress it even further. With herbs, you work through it and get it out, and then you are over it forever. It's a long road, but well worth the effort.

She is going to need a lot of support, surround yourself with positive encouraging people and things. Try desperately to stay away from the negative. Otherwise, she will be spinning her wheels.
PS: I forgot to mention that the thing that helped me the most was finally after 4 years of craziness, none other than Target TS II. -Cheryl Doran
I would muscle test her for Aromin Nite, Chinese Stress Relief, and B-Complex and/or Nutri-Calm to start. -Cerita
Q: I would appreciate it if any one could tell me what would help for anxiety attacks, these are fear of being alone, or starting something new like a job. She gets so worked up that she is almost in tears.
I think I would suggest that she take 3 X 2 Calcium, possibly some CA, with a couple PDA daily. Increase that to 5 or 6 X 2, the week before her period and if she has had any form of sugar that day. Then take 3 Nutri-Calm a couple times a day. Give this a week and see how she does - you can always add St. John's Wort or other herbs if necessary. But quite frequently the Calcium by itself will help very much. -Georgiana
Check her thyroid! When I was having this problem a few months ago, I muscle tested that my thyroid was highly inflamed. (My kinesiologist said that most people count up to 10 for a bad inflammation - my count was 40!) Throughout all this my blood tests were normal. But my temperature stayed around 95-96. We will never know, but I now suspect I had viral thyroiditis.

Also, I am beginning to learn that there is a problem with proper calcium absorption when the thyroid is underactive. (This is probably how I ended up with bone spurs on my neck.) I'm still trying to learn more about this. But be cautious when giving calcium supplements to someone who is hypothyroid. -Deana Persson
In CNHP Nutrition class we learned that fear lives in the kidneys (anger in the liver). Muscle test her for any kidney disturbances. -Chottsie
I have found Kava Kava to be very good for anxiety. When going through some emotional stuff a few months ago, I would take one or two when I was feeling like I was having a panic attack. It really helped. (It did not make me sleepy during those times.) According to literature, anxiety is one of the conditions Kava Kava is recommended for.

I also found Lobelia/St. John's Wort to be helpful. The Lobelia is calming. My manager recommends a combination of CA-ATC, Gotu Kola and B-Complex. -mmvs
Several people have asked the following, so I will answer to all via a broadcast message: The following foods have a high glycemic index, which means that they enter the bloodstream very quickly & raise blood sugar levels too quickly. High blood sugar levels quickly become low blood sugar. Everyone I have ever counseled who had a panic attack had low blood sugar at the time. We determined that by talking about what they had eaten the previous 4 hours--always lots of high glycemic foods (the following foods) without the protein. Hope this helps everyone. Potatoes, bread & pasta, carrots, all juices, rice. Substitute fresh fruits & vegetables, except those previously mentioned, for your carbohydrates.
Chinese Nervous Fatigue Formula information came from Mark Pedersen's Nutritional Healing book...it described symptoms and people said "that's me" tried it and found it worked!!!! For depression, too! (those with the other symptoms and depression!!) Page 185 in his combined book. Those with depression and not those other symptoms (i.e. anxiety, heart palpitations, etc) do better on Chinese Mood Elevator and St. John's Wort. Interesting? -Loring Hammer
Has the woman ever been allergy tested? When I gave up milk my panic attacks stopped. Wheat and corn are also major culprits. I would suggest reading Dr. Lendon Smith's 'Feed Yourself Right'. He has a section on Tension-Fatigue which is similar to panic attacks. 'Hyperactivity and Your Child' by Dorothy Rapp is also another good book. I was just amazed the problem food allergies can cause. One woman in the book was diagnosed as a real mental case and was going to have a lobotomy. She ended up being allergic to corn, wheat and eggs if I remember right. Once she gave up these foods, she was OK. -Susan Billings
For panic attacks take 9 Nutri-Calm all at once. Distress Remedy also helps. -Julie M
18 year old girl had double vision, low grade fever, could not eat for nearly 5 days. She was diagnosed with panic attacks. She was exposed to a 4 month old baby with viral meningitis. could she have caught this from the baby? She seems to be all right now although she was warned to get on Xanax and Plavix to prevent further attacks which she did not. We put her on NSP's Distress Remedy, Lavender and Clary Sage since she could not swallow any pills at all. She seems to be fine now. -Cheri Sakai
- - - - - - - - - -
FEED THE ADRENALS! From my experience, I usually use Nervous Fatigue Formula (the capsules can be opened and put into Thai Go) or use Chinese Mineral Chi (Great product, especially for those who don't like to swallow pills) and I would add Stress-J liquid.

Has this person ever been checked for parasites? Does this person have alot of amalgam fillings? (Heavy metals and/or parasite infestation can wreak havoc on the nervous system.) -Jan
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I suffered from panic attacks & found it to be associated with hypoglycemia. Change diet no sugar was what they told me in the 70's. Since coming to NSP products I use licorice & HY-A to level out the blood sugar along with lots of B Vitamin, Black Walnut strengthens the pancreas & kills parasites. Diet is most important to watch the starches. No potatoes or wheat products. No caffeine as it depletes the adrenals. Change to brown rice & brown rice pasta. Worked for me & it took me many years to get it right. -Joan Karger
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: