Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Pain in Right Side Just below Lower Rib

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Pain in Right Side Just below Lower Rib Reply with quote

Pain in Right Side Just below Lower Rib

I have a dull pain under my right breast when I take a deep breath. Sometimes even when I don't. Any ideas what might cause this. it feels like my right rib cage is sore. I've had this for a couple of years - also when asleep. -elcondorpasa
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I also get the same pain in lower right side. Same thing it only hurts in the middle of the night while lying down. And when I get up it goes away. I have had x-rays, ultrasounds, & in the process of checking my gallbladder?. I really don't think it is my gallbladder. -N/A
I have pestered my doctor about this for quite some time. First of all I do not have a gallbladder...Had it out 10 years ago so that is not the problem. Had all the tests...i.e. kidney, liver. No problems there. He insists it is muscle problem. He said if it goes away once you get up it could not be liver or kidney. The pain would not just go away once you get up. If it were in fact the liver or kidney it would last and not just go away in a minute or two. That does make sense if you think about it. He put me on VIOXX (anti-inflammatory) insisting it was muscular and possibly from the gallbladder surgery. He stated when they go in there they move a lot of tissue and muscle around when removing the gallbladder especially when one is a bit overweight which I was. Not fat, just about 8-10 pounds overweight in that area. I had it done the old way and have a large scar. Well, anyway, the VIOXX worked. From the first day I took it no pain for over two weeks. I have stopped taking it due to the cost and my current prescription plan does not pay for it. When I see my doctor next I am going to ask for a generic. After the two weeks on VIOXX I did get it back again a few times but not nearly as often.

The thing that puzzles me the most is it was about 9 years after the gallbladder surgery when I started having this problem?? Anyway, hope this helps. I feel a lot better mentally knowing that I do not have a liver or kidney problem. -Wm Shaw
First of all I do not have a gallbladder...Had it out 10 years ago
You can still have stones. Your body will form another "pooch" in which to collect them. I've heard it described in other ways -- but have heard of many people getting gall stones after their gall bladder is removed.

That is one good reason NOT to remove it. It is only a band-aid. Doesn't get rid of WHY you form stones in the first place.

I would always suggest someone try the Gall Bladder Formula when they have this type of discomfort. It sure won't hurt anything and may be your answer. Perhaps 4, 3 times daily would be helpful. -Georgiana
I have had this for a couple years. I have had gall stones before. The pain is similar, but nothing like an actual kidney stone.

I notice that if I quit any caffeine intake, for a couple weeks, it will quit, and not bother be hardly at all. I drink alcohol, but that doesn't seem to bother me.

Try to not drink caffeine and just drink water for a while. -Ryan
A few years back I experienced pain in the same area. I had a ultrasound performed and found I had a few gall stones. It was not suggested that I have surgery right away . I had several attacks throughout the next year and it was usually after I had eaten something fried or anything with high oil content. Along with the pain under my ribs, I experienced pain behind my right shoulder blade. I went a year before I had my surgery. I wish I had gone through with it earlier. Gall stone attacks can be very painful. I am much better, but still experience small pains in the same region, but they do not compare to the pains I had with the attacks. I Hope this information helps you. Good Luck. - JF
If it is illiosecal (sp) valve (the valve between large & small intestines) efflourage (sp) will help relieve the pain. This is the gentle, ever-so-light drawing of the fingertips across the area in a downward motion.

Also, with this valve glitch comes a slight hiatal hernia. This is the stomach slightly out of place-pulled upward. Mine was corrected as I bounced a basketball on a playground slide. Yes, a slide. I bounced the ball at just the right angle so as to make it fly right over my head. I then caught it as it passed over. This slight pulling motion (the weight of the ball) loosened the hernia bit by bit w/ each catch. It felt like a slight burning sensation in my upper abdomen. After this is loosened comes the gentle cleansing of the colon. Make sure what is removed from the colon walls is actually eliminated so as to avoid more pain. then small intestine. Then toning the colon muscles. Cellu-Tone capsules are doing this for me now. -Wendy Kraft
The pain you describe is a common symptom of a congested, stressed liver. You noted that the pain began when you sprayed the Fabreeze on your carpet, which is a chemical. Since your liver is already stressed, the chemical overload could have caused an immediate reaction. You also mentioned that you have had your gallbladder removed in the past so this tells me this has been going on for quite some time. Perhaps you also have a history of working around a lot of chemicals (like a hairdresser) or live in a new house, new carpet, etc.

I would suggest a gentle liver cleanse as your liver is quite stressed. I'd use lecithin at 6 day along with Heavy Metal Detox at 1 day, and make sure you are drinking plenty of water, avoid chemicals (quit the fabreeze)and use only natural cleaners. If you have less then 2 good bowel movements daily include Bowel Build to get the colon going. Also, because you have no gallbladder I would make sure and take 1-2 Hi-Lipase daily to help break down fats. -Valerie Greguire
As long as you do not feel any masses. There is a medical name for it, but I rather just say it is inflammation between the rib cage. It is not serious, and you can address it with B-complex daily for healing, and something to relieve pain and inflammation. I like Blue vervain or APS II.

I use roman 3 drops Chamomile EO in a one teaspoon of carrier oil like olive oil or almond, and massage as needed. -Darcy
The only thing that relieves my pain, which is so intense like stabbing when I breathe is a hot washcloth placed under my lowest rib under my right breast. -Ann
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: