Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Osteoporosis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 10:11 pm    Post subject: Osteoporosis Reply with quote

Osteoporosis

Is anyone out there that can help me and or has experience with this. I just was diagnosed with advanced osteoporosis in my lumbar spine and severe bone thinning in my hip. My diet is healthy and I have been working with the Nature's Sunshine Products since almost four years. I increased to Skeletal Strength, PDA, CA, Phyto Soy, Nutri-Calm, Mineral Maintenance, Citrus Bioflavonoid, Kelp, Vitamin E. Phyto Soy I will replace with Bone/Skin Poultice and I'm adding Pro G Yam Cream. I started to do Tai Chi about four months ago and therefore feel much stronger. There is no way of telling if my condition got better or worse since this was the first bone density I had done. I appreciate any help. -Regina
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
You are taking a lot of things, Regina, so I hesitate to suggest any more in the way of supplements, although what you are taking is great. However I have a lot of success with KB-C. This Chinese formula focuses on strengthening the structure of the body and rejuvenating the bones, especially the spine. The Chinese believe and I have come to believe also that the kidneys control the calcium and bone strength in the body. I must tell you that I have had greater success with the Chinese combinations than any other herbs. I hope you are exercising. Moderate exercise will improve bone density and muscle strength. Start slowly if you are beginning, eg light aerobics. Continue the Tai Chi, it's great. One last thing, we are not what we eat but what we absorb and assimilate. You can ingest herbs till the cows come home but if you are not absorbing the minerals they are useless. A digestive enzyme is very helpful to make sure the body is breaking your food down and absorbing the nutrients. Also please muscle test if you can to see what your body really needs of all the things you are taking. You may not need all of them. -Mike Zavitz
Dear Mike, Thank you very much for your message, it is very encouraging. Ii will get muscle tested. We just relocated to a different part in the country and will have to build up trust with a new herbalist. If it comes to the quantity, I have been going with my intuition lately which I have learned to trust over the years, I will finish up the herbs that I have purchased already and then I'll give the KB-C a try. Have you had success treating osteoporosis with this Chinese combination? I just need some reassurance that I don't have to go the traditional way in order to get better. The traditional way seems pretty scary. In your opinion should I take Food Enzymes instead of the PDA or is the PDA enough? It is a whole lot cheaper. I am exercising and I am doing lots of good stuff in my diet. Again thank you for your response. -Regina
Yes Regina. I have had success with this formula. My most recent is a woman with chronic fatigue and she had back trouble so bad she could not stand upright for more than a minute. Her back is extremely better now and this is after a few months. Remember that a good absorbable calcium is important also KB-C works on the foundation, the kidneys and strengthens the spine. It is a good one. I just want to make sure you are absorbing your minerals you will get there just stick with it. -Mike Zavitz
My friend is currently taking Evista(?) for Osteoporosis in her back and in her hip, however, some potential side effects are cramps in the legs as well as blood clots. This is a concern for her, can anyone make natural suggestions for her? -Colleen
First, I would be using the Pro-G-Yam Cream all the time. According to Dr. John Lee, it will help PREVENT and even REVERSE osteoporosis. Next, I would use a REVERSE ratio of calcium to magnesium...meaning 2 parts magnesium to 1 part calcium. I have just read about this and it makes sense to me. After all, in countries where they consume very little dairy, there is little osteoporosis. In the USA, we consume vast amounts of calcium and have more osteoporosis! Something is WRONG with this picture! Third, I would go to a more alkaline diet, reducing acid forming foods which is the cause of arthritis. Fourth, I would work with my doctor to get off the drug. -Nancy
Well, since this is a relatively new find in the nutritional field, NSP doesn't have such a formula. I would use Skeletal Strength with additional Magnesium. The Skeletal Strength has 600 mg. of each calcium and magnesium per 4 tablets, and the recommended calcium intake is about 1200 mgs, so you really need 8 of these per day...then the Magnesium supplements have 250 mgs. in each tablet, so 5 would get you real close. When I asked my upline about this (he had heard it, too)and why we didn't have it available, he said perhaps it is because people will be going to the bathroom more (BM's), since Magnesium releases. While that can be a GOOD thing, it may be a little too good at the beginning, so ease into it slowly! So many of the calcium supplements on the market are so bogus....they don't even have Vitamin D and/or Magnesium, BOTH of which are needed for proper calcium absorption. Nature's Fresh for the immediate pain. -Nancy
I'm 49 years old and just was diagnosed with advanced osteoporosis in my lumbar spine and severe bone thinning in my hip. My diet is healthy and I have been working with the Nature Sunshine products since almost four years. The products that I'm taking right now, I increased to: Skeletal Strength 9 a day, PDA 9 a day, Herbal CA 6 a day, Phyto-Soy 9 a day, Nutri-Calm 3 a day, Mineral Maintenance 6 a day, Citrus Bioflavonoid 3 a day, Kelp 6 a day, Vitamin E 3 a day, I-X 6 a day. The Phyto-Soy I will replace with Bon-C and I'm adding Pro-G-Yam Cream. I started to do Tai Chi about four months ago and therefore feel much stronger. There is no way of telling if my condition got better or worse since this was the first bone density task I had done. -Regina
You are taking a lot of things Regina, so I hesitate to suggest any more in the way of supplements (although what you are taking is great). However, I have had a lot of success with KB-C. This Chinese formula focuses on strengthening the structure of the body and rejuvenating the bones (especially the spine). The Chinese believe, and I have come to believe also, that the kidneys control the calcium and bone strength in the body. I must tell you that I have had greater success with the Chinese combinations than any other herbs.

I hope you are exercising. Moderate exercise will improve bone density and muscle strength. Start slowly if you are beginning (e.g.: Light Aerobics). Continue the Tai Chi, it's great. Do muscle test (if you can) to see what your body really needs of all the things you are taking.
I have had success with this formula. My most recent is a woman with chronic fatigue and she had back trouble so bad she could not stand upright for more than a minute. Her back is extremely better now and this is after only 3 months. Remember that a good absorbable calcium is important, also. KB-C works on the foundation (the kidneys) and strengthens the spine. It is a good one. -Mike Zavitz
My mom just called to say that her bone density test this morning came back low--she is on the edge of having osteoporosis. She does take the NSP Calcium/Magnesium combination, a drink similar to GreenZone (she hasn't switched yet), I have mentioned to her before about Bone/Skin Poultice(for a different issue) and she eats usually fairly well. However, she was just here last week and said that her diet hasn't been what it normally is. She would like to stop the progression, as her mother was recently diagnosed with it and her older sister, both have it severely. Also, for me, as it is genetic, I am taking the Herbal CA and Bone/Skin Poultice. Anything else I need to be aware of? -Sandy Peppersack
Also minimize meat in the diet, alkalize the diet. Add Phyto-Soy to your daily supplements. I would use Skeletal Strength for a calcium supplement. And I'd use Food Enzymes. -Chottsie
One thing that people forget is that you need weight baring exercise to increase bone density. ALSO - you need to take enough calcium to not only "reverse" this, but to replace what your body uses. Take your calcium with PDA or Food Enzymes right before bed. The HCL in those will help your body use the calcium, and taking it before bed assures that you will use more than you will loose because your body rebuilds at night.-Leslie Lechner
Check thyroid. I had a woman who was just told she had no more osteoporosis. She took Skeletal Strength plus CA ATC along with Thyroid Activator and Food Enzymes. -Inge Wetzel
Be sure to read the article "Acid/Alkaline Balance - Calcium Loss". She indicates that we lose calcium when our bodies become too acid. -Georgiana Duncan
OSTEOPOROSIS –– COLA DRINKS/CAFFEINE
COLA DRINKS ACCELERATE BONE LOSS Did you ever suspect that soft drinks were unhealthy, but had no hard data to back it up? Well, now you do! In this column "Caffeine, Sugar and Bone Loss" Noel Peterson, N.D. reports on studies showing that the phosphorus, found in most cola drinks, accelerates calcium excretion and subsequent bone loss. Suddenly osteoporosis is no long a disease of the elderly. -Kay Lubecke)
OSTEOPOROSIS PREVENTION
The following came to me via Realage.com. Our Combination Potassium would be a great preventative. Do you know about the latest power food to prevent osteoporosis? It's the lowly banana. Researchers at Tufts University conducted a four-year study to test the effects of various dietary components on bone mineral density in elderly people. They found that greater potassium intake was associated with the highest bone mineral density. It is thought that potassium plays a role in inhibiting the loss of calcium from bones. Eat foods high in potassium, such as bananas and leafy green vegetables, to keep your bones strong. -Kay Lubecke
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: