Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Osgood-Schlatter Disease

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 10:17 pm    Post subject: Osgood-Schlatter Disease Reply with quote

Osgood-Schlatter Disease

Osgood-Schlatter disease usually clears up completely without treatment; if pain is severe, the knee may be immobilized in a plaster cast." I remember a cousin having problems with his knees as a child and I'm wondering if it was actually this disease. He did grow out of it but it sure did cause him a lot of pain on occasion. We have a lot of products for the structural system you could try. Maybe get some Tei Fu Lotion for him to massage the area when it's causing pain. -Deb
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My son had this disease, and one of the best things for him was exercise. It was often painful for him, but he drove himself to continue sports and strength training. The reason that he had this was because of almost non-stop growth spurts, and at the age of 15 now he is 6'8" tall, and 240 lbs. I believe that during these growth spurts he was in the most pain, and now the pain is nearly gone. He stated to me that he feels like if he had not continued his rigorous conditioning and sports regimen that his condition would have remained painful for a much longer period of time. I am sure that our experts on the forum will be able to suggest the proper nutritional help, but I just wanted to offer our experience.
This is what "The American Medical Association Encyclopedia of Medicine" says: "Painful enlargement of the tibial tuberosity, the bony prominence of the tibia (shin) just below the knee. Osgood-Schlatter disease occurs in children (usually boys) aged 10 to 14. The condition is caused by excessive, repetitive pulling of the quadriceps muscle (at the front of the thigh) on the patellar tendon, which is attached to the tibial tuberosity. There is usually pain above and below the knee, which is worse during strenuous activity, and the tibial tuberosity is tender when touched. Osgood-Schlatter disease usually clears up completely without treatment; if pain is severe, the knee may be immobilized in a plaster cast." I remember a cousin having problems with his knees as a child and I'm wondering if it was actually this disease. He did grow out of it but it sure did cause him a lot of pain on occasion. We have a lot of products for the structural system you could try. Maybe get some Tei Fu Lotion for him to massage the area when it's causing pain. To add that exercise emphasized on increasing strength in the leg muscles is also very important. -Deb
I have this – doesn't cause me any problems anymore. I wore a Knee brace through much of high school. Still was able to run track/with a brace... Just embarrassing because I have some odd looking knees. It did cause pain and unexplained swelling at times up until I started taking herbs. Hasn't been a problem for about 15 years now. Funny how we forget about these things when they just "go away" without even really working on them. Knowing what I know now, I'd use lots of Skeletal Strength to get that calcium where it belongs. -Angelica Pattison
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: