Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Oral Surgery

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 10:20 pm    Post subject: Oral Surgery Reply with quote

Oral Surgery

What NSP products are recommended to keep down the pain, swelling, infection and excessive bleeding after oral surgery and to help heal faster? Thanks for the help. -Suzan Cloyd
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Suzan, For pain and swelling I'd first do white oak bark applied topically. Into an empty tea bag open 2 capsules of white oak bark powder. Trim the bag and immerse tea bag into hot water to moisten the powder. Put the tea bag between the cheek and gum overnight. This is good for all swellings in the mouth, or receding gums.

For infection consider clove essential oil. It's a heroic remedy but it will work - dilute w/olive oil. You can apply this before the tea bag goes in.

Finally for bleeding, my favorite remedy is GC-X (or GGC) taken internally since it has capsicum and other circulation/clotting normalizes - but alas, NSP has canned these noble remedies - so good luck finding them. If you are lucky to have some, do 6/day. If not, the topical white oak bark will probably work fine. -Pat
- - - - - - - - - - - -
If there is time before the oral surgery there are lots of recommendations in Kay Lubecke's Recipes for success. Here are the ones I think would apply:

3-4 days preceding surgery take

Capsicum 4 x day (prevent hemorrhaging)
Bone/Skin Poultice (6) to build cell integrity for

healing
Zinc (2) to increase healing potential
Distress Remedy for emotional stress and

healing Blood thinners such as SC, Vitamin E and Ginkgo should be avoided for 7 days before surgery. She has great suggestions for after surgery also. To that I would add: Make small tea bags out of well washed cloth (clean, cotton rag is great). Steep the tea bags (which you made with loose tea, not the finely ground tea in tea bags) in water while the surgery is being done. On arrival home take out the cotton rolls and put the cold tea bags in their place. (This is a great use for Lipton tea or equivalent.) Bleeding will stop almost immediately. The tannins in the tea will help firm up the wound, the antioxidants will avoid infection and the anti-inflamitories will reduce swelling! (I learned this one from a Japanese dentist over 40 years ago and it has never failed me.)

After the surgery Kay Lubecke suggests Calcium, Vitamin E, Pantothenic acid or B-Complex, Free Amino Acids, Detoxification homeopathic (I can vouch for that one--it works even after simple dentistry). and Don't forget the Flora Force if they insist on antibiotics. -Marilyn Navarro
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: