Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Nose Bleeds

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 10:37 pm    Post subject: Nose Bleeds Reply with quote

Nose Bleeds

Ten year old girl with nose bleeds on a regular basis. Dr's can't seem to find anything wrong. She had one so bad yesterday, it wouldn't stop. Finally was taken to hospital. She lost so much blood, they didn't want to draw any blood
for test.

Any suggestions as for what the cause may be (they thought the dry heat for this particular one). What supplements can be taken and the amount. Thanks in advance. -Heidi
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Yarrow and Citrus Bioflavonoids are good for this. -Kim
Kim is right - I just want to explain a little more. The base cause may be allergies, dry air, etc. . . . something has caused the capillaries to become fragile.

My son had this from Bermuda grass allergy as a child. The whites of his eyes would actually swell up around the iris and his nose bled all the time. This was 35 or 40 years ago . . .way before NSP. (Funny thing is that I had this problem while pregnant with him - the only time this happened to me, I was actually hospitalized because it couldn't be controlled)

I had a MD from another country at that time and he told ME to take a bioflavonoid rich vitamin C. When Larry had the same problem I gave him 2, 500 mg bioflavonoid rich vitamin C's, morning and night -- it WORKED!! As long as he took it, no nose bleeds. And I found that Eyebright, the plain herb, would stop his eyes from itching and swelling.

Time Released Vitamin C's were introduced around this time and I found they did NOT help him. It had to be a Bioflavonoid Vitamin C.

It was always a problem finding a good quality one that would work. I feel so blessed to have found NSP Supplements, where I know I can safely recommend them and know the quality and safety is always there for me, my family and my customers!!

Depending on the person's body weight, it might take more than 2, twice a day . . . . either Muscle Test or start there and work your way up until the nosebleeds stop. You are so fortunate the doctors didn't do what they did when I was pregnant 43 years ago. . . they hospitalized me and cauterized the blood vessels and then packed my nose with gauze and wrapped it. It was HORRIBLE!! This big, white ball on my face!!!

I sure hope this helps you or someone else with this problem. -Georgiana
I wouldn't be sure what is causing the nose bleeds. I do know that my son and I get them seasonally, usually during allergy season. So maybe she has an allergy to something? Try the food allergy diet.
Also I learned a nice little trick to get the nosebleed to stop.
Using NSP essential oils: 3 drops Lemon and 1 drop Lavender on a tissue. Smell until it stops. Smells good, too. Quiet enjoyable.

Also you can open a capsule of Golden Seal and sniff, making sure you get plenty of it into your nasal passage. Not pleasant at all, but it does work the best. Try not to blow your nose or sneeze after, or you have to sniff again. If it still does not stop, then go ahead and blow your nose, cleaning it all out. Then sniff again, immediately. That helps me alot. Try it. Hope it helps. -Pamela
Pamela, don't know if you read my post on my son's allergies and nose bleeds, but you may want to try 2 of the Citrus Bioflavonoid Vitamin C's twice daily (adjust amount as necessary) during your "nose bleed season". He never got a nose bleed as long as he took it. -Georgiana
Usually adding B-Complex to the diet helps plus for the dryness using some Golden Salve on a Q-Tip and applying it to the inside of the nose helps. -Diane Toombs
Interesting - I always had nosebleeds when I was a child. Especially when I took Vitamin C - my parents pulled me off of it as it made them worse - mmm - anyway Dr. John Christopher says in his book "Childhood Diseases" - that "unless it is from injury, nosebleeds result from calcium deficiency."

When I was pregnant I had them all the time - and when I stayed on lots of calcium - they got much better. I also take yarrow often as it stops bleeding -
Hope this helps, Kasara
Georgiana's advice is great. A good calcium supplement is also needed here. Either liquid or tablet. -Mike Zavitz C.H.N.
Ok, regarding allergy nosebleeds. People with allergies generally have irritated nasal membranes resulting in the nasal passage becoming dry the capillaries fragile. Actually, it isn't the "C" itself, it's the bioflavonoids that strengthen the capilaries - ie, stop the nosebleeds.

Calcium may very well assist with this. I'm wondering if Bilberry would also be good for this.. It certainly strengthens capillaries in the eyes.

Isn't it great that we can share and each of us expand our knowledge. Thanks Mike and Kasara. -Georgiana
Put some Golden Salve on a q-tip and use q-tip to coat inside of nose. -Richard Ask
Take capsicum-was told that when she took it, she stopped having them. -D.Weber

Q: Hi, I have a bloody nose at least 2 times a week. I can stop it at the nose, but it continues draining down my throat for much longer, say up to an hour. I know this because I've come to recognize the sense of iron that's different from the usual mucus. It used to be once a month but over the past 5 years, has increase. Is there a product I can take to strengthen the capillaries? I'm 61 yrs old. Thanks. -Marianne
Hi Marianne! Rose Hips or Citrus Bioflavinoids help the capillaries as well as Horse Chestnut which is in Vari-Gone. -Nancy
You can add Capsicum to the Rose Hips or Citrus Bioflavinoids and Vari-Gone. My son is a chronic nose bleeder and if he just takes Capsicum and Vari-Gone he has no problems with this. Of course, Capsicum is a great soruce of Vitamin C also. -Marilyn Navarro
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: