Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Niacin

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 10:39 pm    Post subject: Niacin Reply with quote

Niacin

I have high..........144...........ldl cholesterol. Dr agreed I could try Niacin but said no one has ever been able to use it because of the liver irritation or the flushing. Does NSP cause flushing and do you use something with it to eliminate possible liver irritation? -Donna
- - - - - - - - - -
There are other considerations for cholesterol. One is Folic Acid, which you would also take with a B-Vitamin Complex. Super Omega 3 EPA and also Guggul Lipids are both helpful. Red Yeast Rice is known for lowering cholesterol, but be sure to take Co-Q-10 with it. It works similar to statin drugs.

This is what it says about NSP's Niacin on the company website:

Niacin [Circulatory, Nervous]. Niacin is important to both the circulatory and nervous systems. The body's energy system also requires niacin for proper function. Each tablet contains 250 mg of non-flushing niacin, which is 1,250 percent of the Daily Value. It is combined in a base of hops flowers and feverfew herb. For best results, take niacin in conjunction with other B vitamins. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
There is a better way!

My sister used niacin to reduce LDLs. NSP's Niacin is niacinamide which does not work as well as niacin for this instance. There is a company that produces this in an enteric coated form (which can STILL cause liver problems.)

REAL ANSWER: DETOX AND REDUCE INFLAMMATION! Support your digestion, get insulin levels under control and eliminate heavy metals and other toxins from your body and blood stream. Your liver is producing LDLs for a reason! Steven Horn and Kimberly Balas have produced an AWESOME DVD and booklet, available through treelite.com, which explains the underlying cause to high LDLs and healthy cholesterol - how to get your heart and circulatory system healthy and keep it there! (They even quote from the Drs. own medical journals to prove their information!)

EVERYONE should purchase these items and share them with everyone they love! I make NOTHING from the sale of these items. I just feel very strongly about GREAT Tools that are available to us. Steven and Kim are two of the best and most knowledgeable instructors on the planet and have made their knowledge available to us. Take advantage.

I know this will help you to understand the whys, so that you can better help yourself. -Jan
- - - - - - - - - -
My question is 144 high? Not according the naturopaths. One well known ND on the NSP list suggest 144 is in affect to low. I agree. You need cholesterol to maintain the body functions. However, there still remains much debate over this issue. When my cholesterol gets to 106 I literally develop all kinds of problems. I start to develop ovarian cysts my body hormones got hay wire. I feel tired. I recently added more eggs to my diet I've been eating them daily.

I agree this is related to a liver congestion. I drink lemon water and take things to
de-congest my liver. NSP has a lot of good products on the market to help with a congested liver. You want to open up those blocked pathways. I use something as simple as MSM, B-Complex, or SF. -Darcy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: