Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Multiple Sclerosis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Thu 14, 2006 11:26 pm    Post subject: Multiple Sclerosis Reply with quote

Multiple Sclerosis

I have recently done some initial research on this subject for a close friend of mine. Following are product suggestions which I have found to be the most universally-accepted natural remedies for treating MS:

Proanthocyanidins (High Potency Grapine) (mininum - 1mg for each lb. of body weight to ensure tissue saturation)
Aloe Vera Juice (Whole Leaf Concentrate - 2 oz. 2-5 times/daily)
Natural Antibiotics (Colloidal Silver - 1 tsp, twice daily)
Una de Gato - 1 capsules twice daily
Omega 3-EPA and/or Evening Primrose Oil (to help reduce inflammation)
DHEA - studies (Calabrese, 1990) have found low DHEA levels in MS patients.
Pure drinking water (R/O preferred) - minimum 3 quarts daily
Fresh fruits/vegetables (preferably organic) daily - 8-9 servings a day (provides needs trace minerals, fiber, enzymes, etc.)

Many individuals have achieved positive results by following the Swank diet:
"The Multiple Sclerosis Diet Book" by Roy Swank, Doubleday & Co., 1987

Also, Donna Koenig was diagnosed with MS and has overcome it naturally. Following is her information:

I myself was diagnosed with MS almost 5 years ago, had trouble walking, vision was bad, couldn't even pick up a pencil. I started with a good colon cleanse, and to date, take the following supplements daily:

2 Vitamin E
4 Evening Primrose Oil
3 B-Complex
2 Super Supplementals
4 Defense Maintenance
2 Grapine
2 Morinda
2 Skeletal Strength

Check for candida. No NutraSweet, no refined processed sugar or flour, drink pure clean R/O water (lots throughout the day). If you're tired, rest.

Exercise is very important. Most important is being POSITIVE, POSITIVE, POSITIVE... eliminate people or situations in your life that are taking your energy from you. Nov. 28, 1995, the doctors at the Mellon Center here in Cleveland, Ohio, rediagnosed by condition from readmitting/reoccurring to benign...can't find anything wrong with me... I feel great and no problems whatsoever... not even tired.

I hope this information will be helpful for you. Perhaps others on the forum have had success and will share their insights. -Laura Clement
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I had a manager friend with MS. She had been on a program successfully and had relapsed. I had just read an article regarding MS and enzyme therapy. I asked her to do Jack's Cleanse, take Colloidal Minerals or Mineral-Chi that would be good and Enzymes (5 Proactazyme & 3 of one of the others) with each meal. She did so and went back into remission. -Georgiana Duncan
Herpes Virus Associated with MS
A strain of reactivated herpes virus may be associated with multiple sclerosis (MS). In the study, more than 70 percent of individuals with the relapsing-remitting form of MS showed an increased immune response to human herpes virus-6 (HHV-6) and approximately 35 percent of all participants in the study had detectable levels of active HHV-6 in their serum.

Scientists believe that the reactivation of HHV-6 virus may be associated with the breakdown of the protective covering of nerves, called myelin. Reactivation is characteristic of herpes viruses.
Source: National Institute of Neurological Disorders and Stroke, November 24, 1997
I would take large quantities of B-Vitamins. A nutrition teacher told us that she met a man who had Bell's Palsy, and hadn't been able to smile on one side of his face for 42 years. He took B-100s, 3 x 3 day and after 3 days could use those muscles again. I had a client who was diagnosed with MS. She began taking Herbal CA and Morinda and was very pleased with them. Good luck. I would never tell someone not to take their doctor's advice, but you are wise to question medical "wisdom," and if it is the best approach for you. Candida is an overpopulation of bacteria in the body. Antibiotics, steroids, chlorine in our water, and other toxins kill off the "good" bacteria, aka Acidophilus and Bifidophilus, in our bowels that keeps the bad bacteria in balance. These good bacteria actually produce B-Vitamins, so it seems the Prednisone may be worse than you thought.

These supplements can be purchased from NSP. Other products to help with Candida are Caprylimune, Caprylic Acid, High Potency Garlic, and Pau d'Arco. -Kathy Wood

This is directly from The Herb Allure Resource Toolkit:
Multiple Sclerosis- A progressive disease characterized by the
degeneration of nerve fibers of the brain and spinal cord.
-Terri Stack
Vitamin B 12
Black Currant Oil
CoQ10
DHEA
E-Tea
Evening Primrose Oil
Super Algae
Alfalfa
Black Currant Oil
Evening Primrose Oil
Siberian Ginseng
-NaturBase
Consider Candida Albicans as a contributing factor
Colon Cleansing + Liquid Chlorophyl
Grapine
Herbal Tonic
PDA & Proactazyme & (Hi Lipase or Leguzyme)
Combination Eight + B-Complex + CA
-Recipes for Success:
I came across this article while surfing the internet. It seems natural uric acid helps MS but I know that HIGH levels of uric acid is bad for gout. If someone has MS what NSP help RAISE the uric acid in the system? -Joseph Opauski

Uric Acid May Treat Multiple Sclerosis
New York (Reuters) -- Uric acid, a substance that naturally occurs in the body, has been shown to treat a disease in mice that is similar to multiple sclerosis (MS), leading researchers to hope that they can use the same or a similar compound in humans. In previous studies, researchers from Thomas Jefferson University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, determined that uric acid delayed the onset of experimental allergic encephalomyelitis, an MS-like disease, in mice. In the new study, they found that uric acid also reduces symptoms of weakness and paralysis, and prolongs survival in mice that already have the disease. Uric acid works by inactivating peroxynitrite, a toxic compound that may cause damage to the central nervous system in MS patients. The researchers report Monday in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences that they found LOWER levels of uric acid in the blood of MS patients than of people without the disease. They also reviewed records for 20 million people and found that the number suffering from both MS and gout, which features HIGH uric acid levels, was markedly less than statistically predicted. It "appears that HIGH serum uric acid levels protect against the development of MS," write the researchers. "These results raise the possibility that the NATURAL BIOLOGIC PRODUCT, URIC ACID, or a more soluble peroxynitrite scavenger that penetrates the blood brain-barrier more readily... might have clinical utility in the treatment of MS," they conclude.
Source: Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences (1998;95:675-680) © 1996, Reuters Health Information Services
Diane McLaren, C.C.1r., Healthy You, P.O. Box 21153, Meadowvalea Postal Outlet, Mississauga, Ontario, L5N 6A2, (905)824-4811.

I am happy to share my story with you and what I did to get better. I hope it can help you. If you need any additional information or have any questions, please do not hesitate to communicate with me.

In 1982, 1 was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis and I was completely paralyzed (nothing moved) on the right side of my body, from my shoulder to my toes, and the left side of my face. The doctors told me that recovery of my hand would be about 50% and recovery of my leg and foot would be about 75%, and I would need a cane to walk. At that time, I was nineteen years old and studying music (piano) at McGill University; it was quite a disaster ... my life was music and I could not play piano again ... I told them I would walk again and play piano again, no matter how long it would take. They told me to be realistic, and not to dream! Well, I proved them wrong.

I rested a lot and did quite a bit of physiotherapy, but refused all the drugs, and a few months later I was walking, with no cane! My hand took longer to recover ... it took about one year before I could start playing piano again ... What I did to get better back then was: a positive attitude, I saw a chiropractor who helped adjusting my spine and getting the spinal fluid circulating, and I took many natural vitamins, minerals and supplements. I came back perfectly normal, worked full-time (the doctors told me I could never work more than part-time), went to University at night, had a normal life and felt great. From 1982 to 1992, 1 had three minor episodes where my legs and/or my arms were not functioning properly; and the three times, it was because my schedule was too busy, I did not have enough time to sleep (I am a very active person, and it is very difficult for me to slow down ... but I am learning!). One thing I learned is that SLEEP and REST are very important to recover from and control multiple sclerosis. In 1990, my daughter was borne, and everything was great before, during, and after the pregnancy/delivery.

In 1991 (after I went back to work and having a crazy schedule, 2-3 hours of commuting each day; we had moved to Toronto ... ), I started to have problems/symptoms with my legs and ‘ arms, and I was totally exhausted. No matter how many hours of sleep I had, I was continuously exhausted and felt awful, to a point where most days, I could not walk properly and drive the car. I was in bed most of the time. I tried all the drugs the traditional medicine had to offer (even the new drug Interferon), nothing worked ... I was getting worse ... and I was desperate ... Then, in 1992, 1 decided to take the natural vitamins, minerals and supplements again; they helped me before... I had stopped taking them when I moved from Montreal to Halifax; I thought I was OK then, and did not know anybody to help me in Halifax and Toronto. After some research and inquiries, I found a lady in Mississauga, and she did WONDERS for me! She is a Master Herbalist, a Registered Nutritional Consultant, she practices Iridology (science of analyzing the iris of the eyes) and Reflexology (reflex points in the feet). She gave me a herbal and nutrition program, and also did some Reflexology. And today, I am back feet, feeling better than ever, and promised myself I will never go off the herbs completely again. When I started to feel better, I wanted to learn more about herbs, nutrition and iridology, so I took some courses and now I am taking the Master Herbalist course. It is fascinating ... and I will continue to learn and share about the alternative ways of preventing and helping people to feel better.

Dr. Bernard Jensen (he pioneered iridology in North America) spent years helping people to overcome illness, disability and disease. It has become clear to him that poor bowel management lies at the root of health problems. He treated over 300,000 patients and he states that "it is the bowel that invariably has to be cared for first before any effective healing can take place". He has an excellent book "Tissue Cleansing through Bowel Management". It is very interesting ... At first, I did not see the relationship between the bowel and multiple sclerosis, but when you start reading about it, it makes a lot of sense ... You will find a copy of the introduction of a book by Louise Tenney, "Today's Herbal Health"; I highlighted a few important points.

How do herbs work? the ABC's of herbs ....
A = they Activate - they stimulate to energize, move things,
B = they Build - they strengthen, repair, support, knit, nourish;
C = they Cleanse - they purify, loosen, eliminate.

There are many different ways of taking herbs: single herbs, herbal combinations, Chinese herbs, liquid herbal extracts, herbal concentrates, and of course, herbal teas (which are a very diluted source).

Here are the herbs I took for cleansing and multiple sclerosis; at any given point, I was taking between 9 to 12 different herbs, it seems like a lot but I had a very stubborn bowel and could not wait to get better:

Psyllium Hulls - 6 caps./day - bowel, bulk
Cascara Sagrada - as needed to help achieve 3 bowel movements daily, started with 6 caps./day and decrease slowly - bowel, improve peristalsis action
Black Walnut Extract - 1/2 dropper, 3 times/day - bowel, parasites
Liquid Chlorophyll - many glasses/day - blood builder
Energy-V - 6 caps./day - Fatigue, energy
Evening Primrose Oil-up to 12 daily-very good for multiple sclerosis
Super Oil - 3 tsp/day - very good for multiple sclerosis
Echinacea - 6 caps./day - immune system
I-X - 9 to 12 caps./day - fatigue and multiple sclerosis
Super Supplemental - up to 6/day
Red Raspberry - 9 caps./day - high in calcium and magnesium
Spirulina - 6 caps./day - high in vitamin 6
Yucca - 6 caps./day - inflammation, pain
APS II - 6 caps./day - pain
HVS - 4 caps. before bed - sleep
Calcium-Magnesium - 3 to 4 before bed - sleep, relaxation
Thyroid Activator- 6 caps./day
bladder - 6 caps./day

The program was adjusted many times. Some herbs were added and/or eliminated as needed. Now I take 1 capsule of Cascara Sagrada and 1 glass of Psyllium every 2 or 3 days, 2 caps. of Evening Primrose Oil and 2 tsp of super oil every day or second day. I drink 2 to 3 glasses of Chlorophyll daily.

I know it is a lot of herbs, but, IT WORKS! One good thing about herbs is that you do NOT become DEPENDENT ... you can look forward for the day when you will not need them anymore or only a minimal maintenance amount. The key is to decrease very slowly, be patient and be persistent. You do not need to take as many as I did ... I just wanted to see results yesterday! I could not wait! ... so I took drastic quantities ... The progress was slow to moderate, but constant ... and very rewarding! It takes time to rebuild!

Here are some notes regarding nutrition: drink at least 8 glasses of water daily; stay way from yeast, dairy, sweets - that means anything from the cow, pork, beef, refined and processed foods; eat lots of raw vegetables, and other natural whole grain breads and cereals sunflower and pumpkin seeds, nuts (avoid peanuts), fish. There is a good book "The Multiple Sclerosis Diet Book" by Dr. Swank. Many medical doctors do not believe that nutrition is important; however, my experience is that nutrition is a vital part of getting, staying and feeling better.

Exercise is also very important: walking 3 to 4 times a week and increase up to every day, starting with 5 minutes/walk up to 30-40 minutes/walk.

It is good to know that through cleansing and building, good health can be achieved with herbs. Every cell, tissue and organ in the body has its nutritional requirements; they require specific nutrients in correct combinations to work at their best. Every cell, tissue and organ has the ability to regenerate if we provide it with the correct nutrients to do this. Every 7 years, we are completely new people - as old cells die off, new cells are created, and if we are feeding our bodies with herbs, the tissues, organs and all new cells that are being created are good healthy living cells because herbs work on the cellular level. You can not overdose on herbs, you would vomit or have diarrhea; your body would just get rid of surplus.

It might seem overwhelming ... but take it one step at the time ... and do not forget, there are good days and bad ones - enjoy the good ones, forget about the bad ones - and work to achieve constant consecutive good days ... it is possible ... I did it! It is not always easy, but it is worth it!

You will find enclosed a Quality Control Brochure from Nature's Sunshine; it was important to me to know the quality of the products! Also please refer to the attached copy from the Product Guide regarding Nature's Sunshine guarantee. -Marlene Grabell
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: