Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mosquito Bites

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Mosquito Bites Reply with quote

Mosquito Bites

My sister, who loves to work out in the yard, is plagued with mosquito bites. She told me today that she recently got about 50 bites! She wears long sleeved shirts and pants outside, plus puts on bug spray. She still gets eaten alive.

I visited her recently and got no bites at all. Here at home, I never get bitten either. My older son (who is on a restricted diet due to allergies) also does not get bitten. But my younger son (age 4) gets lots of bites all summer long.

Can anyone tell me what causes mosquitoes to be attracted to certain people? Are there any supplements a person can take to "taste bad" to a mosquito? Thanks in advance! -Ruth
- - - - - - - - - -
I was once told by friends who visited the tropics that they got bitten alive. They were told that if they ever returned to the tropics to take a lot of Vit A before going. This they did on the next occasion and were bite free. Regards. -Ken
- - - - - - - - - -
I was told that taking the B-Complex vitamins are good to keep the bugs away.I would also compare the children's diets. -Diane
- - - - - - - - - -
I've found that Tei-Fu oil is THE absolute best remedy. I keep it everywhere, ready to go. I agree with the comment to take B vitamins, particularly B6. Hope this helps. -Jennifer Weiss, N.D.
- - - - - - - - - -
For a natural repellant her is what you can make up with the NSP Essential Oils. To one ounce of Jojoba Oil add; 6 drops eucalyptus 10 drops lavender fine 4 drops oregano 6 drops tea tree 4 drops bergamot. Mix by rolling the bottle between your palms and store in an amber bottle out of the sunlight. A spray can be made by adding one part water or alcohol to one part of this formula. Many of my friends and clients have used this formula in Tibit, Australia, Mexico and have reported that they were bug free the entire time. You need to apply it daily after bathing or again after a swim. -Suzanne
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: Our daughter is severely allergic to mosquito bites. She has even had some scarring as a result. Can someone tell me if they know what we could be giving/applying that would help to reduce the swelling? She is 3 1/2. Thanks. -Laura
- - - - - - - - - -
Nature's Fresh or Tea Tree Oil would be good choices. -Nora Weigl
- - - - - - - - - -
I have to tell you, I tried Nature's Fresh and it works wonderfully for swelling and itching. I sit and spritz the spot(s) every 5-10 minutes or so for half an hour and 95% of the irritation is gone! -Judy
- - - - - - - - - -
Just last weekend I was bit up... Sprayed Nature's Fresh to make them damp then looked in the cabinet... all I found that sounded "drawing" was Chickweed... sprinkled the powder over the Natures Fresh (like a little poultice) and went back to work. As it eventually flaked off, the bites were gone.

Other astringent/drawing herbs to consider include: Bayberry Goldenseal Lobelia Burdock Plantain (you can usually find this in the yard, crush or chew the leaves and apply)
- - - - - - - - - -
Cinnamon Oil Better for Killing Mosquitoes Than DEET

According to a study, cinnamon oil was found to be an effective environmentally safe pesticide that also exuded a pleasant odor.

Although it hasn't been tested for use against adult mosquitoes, researchers are hopeful that cinnamon oil will act as an effective mosquito repellant.

Along with being an annoyance to summer outdoor enthusiasts, mosquitoes also pose the threat of potentially major health problems because of the deadly agents they carry such as malaria, yellow fever and the West Nile virus.

The serious health and environmental concerns that arose from the use of unsafe conventional pesticide applications have prompted the search for natural and healthier chemicals to control mosquito larvae.

In a study, researchers tested 11 compounds that contained cinnamon leaf oil to determine how effective they were at destroying the emerging larvae produced by the yellow fever mosquito. It was discovered that the following four compounds, cinnamalaehyde, cinnamyl acetate, eugenol and anethole displayed the most aggressive activity against the yellow fever mosquito.

The compound, cinnamaldehyde, which is the main constituent found in cinnamon leaf oil, could be used as an effective pesticide without the risk of negative health and environmental consequences.

EurekAlert July 14, 2004

http://www.eurekalert.org/pub_releases/2004-07/acs-ok071504.php

-----------------------

Dr. Mercola's Comment:

DEET, the active chemical in most mosquito repellants, is a deadly and potent neurotoxin and should not be used. Cinnamon oil appears very promising, is inexpensive and even smells great. Other common essential oils, such as catnip, have shown similar promise in fighting off mosquitoes as well. -Georgiana
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: A client of mine was stung by a mosquito. She had an allergic reaction from the bite. She went to the hospital and the doctor gave her prednisone and it hasn't gotten any better. Her throat is very sore and it closes up. At first she had a hard time breathing and that's why she went to the doctor. Any suggestions would help. -Ramona Perkins
- - - - - - - - - -
I highly recommend that EVERYONE carries Tea Tree Oil and Lavender Oil and Peppermint Oil with them wherever they go. Applied to a bite, these will stop the effects COLD! Even though it's after the fact, I would be putting one drop of Lavender and 1 drop of Tea Tree on the bite area every hour or so. I would be taking ENZYMES (PDA?), spraying the area with Nature's Fresh, and taking Immune Stimulator every 3 hours or so....you can muscle test for how many - I would take 8 every time. -Nancy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: