Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Morton's Neuroma

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 11:12 am    Post subject: Morton's Neuroma Reply with quote

Morton's Neuroma

I have a Morton's Neuroma or a nerve tumor on the nerve between my 2nd and 2rd toe on my right foot. Had of them on the left years ago. I wondered if anyone had success using herbal treatments. The usual treatment is cortisone placed on the nerve which is supposed to break down the scar tissue and reduce inflamation. I have not heard of anyone where this helped. Surgery to remove the nerve seems to be the cure. I would like to try something other than surgery. No nerve between the toes and you have numb toes, not fun when it hurts to cut your toenails. -Donna Resnick
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I had a Morton's Neuroma about 3 years ago. It was so painful that I could not wear any shoes without great pain. I had a cortisone shot at the ordering of my doctor (I'm in the Army, remember) and it helped about four weeks. It returned, I creped around in pain, then tried Yucca. I took three Yucca, four times daily (with meals and before bedtime). I also used Licorice Root at two capsules, four times daily. (Careful if you have high blood pressure! Licorice would not be good for you.) The neuroma went away, and has stayed away for about 2 1/2 years. It flairs up on occasion, and I simply take some Yucca for about a week, and it goes away. Neuroma's are caused by tight shoes most often. As we age, our feet continue to grow (so do our noses and ears). Please make sure that you are wearing loose fitting socks (not binding on the foot) and appropriately sized shoes. These two things will help more than anything except the herbs. -Wes
I can't believe I almost deleted this e mail thinking it might not contain anything new. So glad I didn't because two messages apply to me. I have had morton's neuroma for years. No cortisone shots just trying to figure it out with herbs. I am sorry to report I've not had any success so far and it causes me a lot of pain especially when I am off my feet at night and try to relax. I am now beginning acupuncture for it. The reason I am writing is that you mentioned surgery as the alternative but I have spoken with a lady here who has a very successful NSP business and is a former nurse and she said she saw operation after operation on this and guess what, they grow back. That's why I haven't found any solution yet. I am hoping the acupuncture helps as it is a very painful way to live day by day. -Nolee Feiock
Just a thought, check Germanium comb. I had a customer who had something like this she had surgery and it did grow back so she tried this with something else, I can't remember. I know Germanium was the main one though and it got rid of it. -Virginia
Q: Does anyone have any ideas as to what herbs might help Morton's neuroma....or any neuromas for that matter?

Some days I cannot walk barefoot because of these inflamed nerves and I refuse to consider surgery which my podiatrist is pushing for. Thanks in advance! -Pat
- - - - - - - - - -
Hello Pat, My left foot has been affected by Morton's Neuroma since 1995. I have avoided the surgery because the success rate is not very good, the recovery time is too long, and there's the chance that it could grow back.

I have tried every arch support, insole, and shoe that has been recommended for people suffering from Morton's Neuroma. None of them have been any help until I tried a pair of shoes called Crocs. As a waitress, I am on my feet for 6 to 7 hours a day. I'm happy to report no pain whatsoever since I've been wearing the Crocs shoes for the past 2 months.

Now I don't plan on wearing these shoes forever. I'm just buying time until a relatively new less evasive surgery for Morton's Neuroma is available in my area. I read about a procedure called Cryosurgery which takes only 6 minutes, has a very high success rate in Morton's Neuroma patients, and recovery time is 2 to 3 days. Cryosugery has been used for years in cases of cervical cancer and for removal of things as simple as warts. I spoke to Debra at Cryotech (the company that makes the machine used for Cryosurgery) who gave me a bunch of valuable information including the CPT #'s that insurance companies refer to for coverage. I am including a link to a website at the end of this post that will explain the procedure. Hope this helps! -Lori
- - - - - - - - - -
I have flat feet. To relieve my pain I am using arch supports with a metarsal support. After you get used to the supports, the pain goes away. -Nikki
I have had a Morton's Neuroma in my right foot for about 8 years. I've spent that time mostly wearing sandals/clogs with no backs or tennis shoes as these were the only things that didn't cause intense pain. For three months I've been taking the liver cleanser herb, milk thistle, and have had considerable improvement. I read somewhere that liver stagnation could cause a Morton's Neuroma as it is on the liver/gall bladder meridian. I wore boots for the first time in years without having to remove them every so often. Additionally, there are so many other benefits I've found from the milk thistle -my eye floaters are getting slightly better (Other reason I started taking it), my fibrocystic breasts are now very soft and, honestly, have gotten bigger - believe it or not! A large fibrocystic breast lump is almost gone if not entirely. I strongly urge you to look into Milk Thistle as a natural non-surgical way to help your neuroma. -Kannen
I healed my Morton's Neuroma in about 4 months - had an injury to the foot that brought it on, despite having solely worn Birkenstocks for years. I really worked on nerve damage supplements, and also addressed a very congested liver. Thanks for sharing your encouraging report with others --- GOOD WORK!!!!!!! -Sharon Grimes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: