Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mononucleosis

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 11:15 am    Post subject: Mononucleosis Reply with quote

Mononucleosis

College student on spring break with mono. What would be the best herbs to try. -Donna
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
About 2 months ago I had two college age kids to work with that had Mono. {One was my son}. This is what I put them on: VS-C, l-Lysine {15 per day}, Pau D'Arco-liq., Chinese Liver Balance, Echinacea, Spleen Activator, Colostrum and Vitamin-C. They did great, in fact they didn't even know that they were sick since they didn't feel sick. So it was hard to keep them from lifting anything heavy so the spleen doesn't rupture. At first when my son went to the doctors and the test revealed Mono, the doctor told my son to quit his job, drop off some of his college courses because he would become very tired and need to rest.. My son kept up with his job and classes just fine, he didn't cut back on any of it. The mom of the other son with Mono gave the some report of how well his son did. Great testimony for NSP herbs! -Beverly Brown
Q: My 27-year-old son was just diagnosed with mono. His doctor recommended vitamin C and lysine. Does anyone have any other suggestions? -Toni Kaye
VS-C is specific for the virus. Very important to rebuild after mono to eliminate the possibility of chronic fatigue later in life. I would also test for Colostrum, bowel issues, Bifidophilus, liver and of course enzymes. -Herbal Connection
Adding liquid chlorophyll to programs is often what they need—something green. For mono we've had great success using VS-C and Liquid Chlorophyll. Mono went through a local high school and quite a few of the students used the VS-c, chlorophyll combo. Make sure they stay on after feeling better--at least finish 2 bottles at 12 per day. If they quit too soon, they risk a relapse. -Angelica
You might try Nervous Fatigue Chinese formula....her adrenals are burnt out from the mono for soooo long. Add some or test for Olive leaf, along with rubbing the throat with Cellu Tone E.O. Just got my son over a terrible case of mono. -Debbie J
When my daughter was 16 she was also diagnosed with mono. I gave her lots of VS-C along with Vitamin C and Echinacea. She recovered rapidly, but when she was feeling so much better, she would lay off her herbs, and she could soon tell it by how she felt. The doctor told us she could test positive for mono for a year. I took that to mean we needed to fight it for that long. -Joyce St.
I would suggest adding the homeopathic viral recovery and target endurance. -Stefanie Buchholtz
L-Lysine and VS-C and High Potency Grapine. -Tonja Wells
Don't forget Colloidal Minerals and lots of good nourishment, food and supplements, Super Supplemental, Antioxidant, B-Complex, etc. You know Mono can leave the victim open for Epstein Barr - hence Chronic Fatigue which can last for many years. Work hard at it now! -V Underw
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Try Chinese Trigger Immune and Mineral Chi. These 2 are miracle workers. -S. Rogers
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bowel Cleanse, feed the liver including Liquid Chlorophyll and Dandelion, Candida Diet. -Georgiana
Colloidal Silver worked for my niece. She got over it in a pretty short amount of time. This is tasteless and you can add right to her juice. I would also use VS-C because of the virus causing it, lots of Vitamin C, A&D, Red Clover Blend (it's a liquid) for cleansing her blood. Red Clover Blend can be used as a tea or put in juice. I give it to my son on a spoon like as if giving him medicine. Other things listed as a benefit for mono are L-Lysine, Acidophilus (we have the chewable Bifidophilus), B-complex, Activated Charcoal to absorb the die-off. (I gave my son some of this by mixing it with applesauce on a spoon. He didn't even make a face so it must be tasteless.) And Homeopathic Viral Recovery. -Chottsie
From Recipes for Success "where you have the answer at your fingertips"
Mononucleosis - A form of the herpes virus. Contagious for the first two weeks.
L-Lysine - 1500 mg daily for 2 weeks or until they feel better
Liver Cleanse Formula
BP-X* or Red Clover
Echinacea or Parthenium
VS-C
Defense Maintenance
Homeopathic: Fatigue/Exhaustion and Viral Recovery
Lubecke Enterprises, Inc. 1999 www.unofficialnsp.com/lubecke.html
-Kay Lubecke
I've had lots of clients w/mono, even a 2 year old who they couldn't even wake up in a shower, I suggested to give him Vitamin C Ascorbates Powder every 20 minutes till bowel tolerance, and Liquid Chlorophyll 4x/day ¼ cup and most even recovered within a week. I muscle test just to make sure for amounts, and tolerances. -Marcia
I have a friend who's little boy (6) had mononucleosis. He developed a liver and a spleen problem (they were both tender to the touch when the Dr. examined him). He had dark circles under his eyes and his skin was a yellowish color. We put him on Milk Thistle and also Super Supplement. After a few weeks the doctor couldn't believe how he improved. His color came back, the dark circles - gone and he perked up! He hasn't had any more problems since. -Melanie
My 8 yr. old son had this last year. I kept giving him liquid ALJ because he had a lot of mucus and I gave him Elderberry Plus and Vitamin C plus his multiple. He was very lethargic and slept for about 6 weeks. He would come home from school and take a nap before he could even do his homework. He did get over it though. It has to run its course. It takes a lot of rest and TLC. -Kim Sanchez
We do well with 12 VS-C, 6 Lymphomax, Lymphostim Homeopathic & Lobelia Essence to rub on the glands. -Mary Villherb
When I took the CNHP courses, Dr. Whitman gave us a program he says will bring recovery in 3 to 4 days. He recommends Viral Recovery Homeopathic, Vitamin C, Liquid Chlorophyll and iron. I believe VS-C would certainly help also. The Treasure Chest cards recommend 4 VS-C 3-4 x/day, L-Lysine 1500 mg daily for 3 weeks 30 min before food and states that Vitamin C alone has reversed the virus. It recommends Ascorbates to bowel tolerance 3x daily. -LaVerne
Yarrow is anti-viral also. In addition, you could try Red Clover Blend, large amounts of Bifidophilus, B-Complex Vitamins (for energy), Vitamin C & A, Lymphomax (for swollen glands). Also recommended is to rotate (10 days on, 5 days off) Para Cleanse, Elecampane, and Artemisia Combo. -Morgan
A friend's daughter recently got a severe case of mono with extremely swollen throat. She got some of NSP's Liquid Echinacea and Liquid Pau D'Arco, and saw IMMEDIATE results. Within a couple of days, she had the energy to go out to dinner for a couple of hours. -Herbs Hlth
I've had lots of clients w/mono, even a 2 year old who they couldn't even wake up in a shower, I suggested to give him Vitamin C Ascorbates Powder every 20 minutes till bowel tolerance, and Liquid Chlorophyll 4x/day ¼ cup and most even recovered within a week. I muscle test just to make sure for amounts, and tolerances. -Marcia
My 8 yr. old son had this last year. I kept giving him liquid ALJ because he had a lot of mucus and I gave him Elderberry Plus and Vitamin C plus his multiple. He was very lethargic and slept for about 6 weeks. He would come home from school and take a nap before he could even do his homework. He did get over it though. It has to run its course. It takes a lot of rest and TLC. -Kim Sanchez
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: My daughter has another flare up of Mono..14 YEARS of severe chronic fatigue..any ideas how to stop this once and for all? -Debbie J
- - - - - - - - - -
I've been taking 5-HTP.
I had it when I was 21 and it took me 8 months to get the use of my legs back again without severe pain, and I had a toddler also. That was 17 years ago. I suffer from chronic tiredness all the time, but 5-HTP has really help, not cured. -Dee
Q: I have suffered with mono for the past two years. Symptoms will disappear for awhile and then suddenly rear their ugly head. To-date, I have been unable to shake this damn virus.

During the first year, I treated with a medical doctor who did absolutely nothing for me. I was sick with the flu, bronchitis, pneumonia, etc., every other week and chronically fatigued. I even had surgery to biopsy the grossly enlarged lymph nodes in my arm pit. Thankfully, it was chalked off to a mono side affect.

The time had come to make some life changes...I started by changing my diet to organic foods and began an herbal regime and, to say the least, feel alive again. I cleansed and take herbs daily. I no longer work 10-12 hour per day. I wave goodbye after 8. I try to get minimum 8 hours of sleep each night.

While I have recently tested positive, my numbers have decreased. I feel better and am able to do more. -Lynn
Q: I was diagnosed with (and blood tests confirmed) mono 8 days ago. I finished the steroids and antibiotics I was on (my doctor put me on antib. as a precaution before the mono/strep tests came back), and I have been feeling a lot better. I then began taking l-lysine, VS-C, Liver Cleanse Formula, BP-X and Viral Recovery homeop. drops. After about 1.5 to 2 days, I developed a red, itchy rash all over my legs and feet, which spread to my back. I stopped all the supplements for about a day and then resumed all except the Viral Recovery. The rash has gotten more subdued but is still there (after 5 days). Any chance I had a reaction to one/any of those supplements? Does this sound familiar to anyone? Would it be a delayed reaction to antibiotics, or some form of healing crisis from the mono? Thanks. -D
I have to ask- how were your bowels moving while taking these supplements?
Here are two possibilities for the rash:
1. You were using products that clean up the blood and liver. If the toxins weren't able to be eliminated through the bowels, then the skin might be the next likely choice for the body to dump. I like to recommend Ivy's Colon Recipe when ever a person is cleaning house. This enables the parasites, viruses, toxins, whatever else to move out quickly with very little discomfort.
2. The meds you were taking could have suppressed the irritants back into the cells and then when you gave the body help (herbs), it saw a chance to get rid of the stuff! Just maybe too much for the bowels alone to handle.

Taking your probiotics now would be in order to repopulate the gut with what the antibiotics killed off.
Be careful not to use products on the rash that will again suppress the symptoms. The Homeopathic Rashes might be helpful.
I always like to recommend Milk Thistle to my clients who have had Mono - helps support the liver and rebuild it. Immune Stimulator might also be helpful. Yours In Health. -Nancy Coulter
Q: Does anyone have any experience with treating mononucleosis? I have a 22 yr old female client who has had mono for 4 years. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. -Cresta
Bal. B Vitamins a must. Also VS-C. If you muscle test, then test her first. My client took about 8 a day for 2 weeks of VS-C and 2 of B Vitamins.
Immune Stimulator + Olive Leaf works well also. Should use a Candida Diet. Muscle testing really works well here in determining which herbs to use. Hope this helps you. -Jan
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: