Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mitral Valve Prolapse

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 11:22 am    Post subject: Mitral Valve Prolapse Reply with quote

Mitral Valve Prolapse

I have a potential client who has mitral valve prolapse and also panic attacks. She is generally ill, has had every medical test possible and they show nothing. She is afraid to cleanse for fear it will release too many toxins into her blood and will settle in her heart valve. Many of her symptoms are similar to Fibromyalgia. NEW to NSP and would like any experience you've had with similar situations. -Sandi
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I also have mitral valve and Ginkgo/Hawthorn makes a big difference. Given the facts (keeping the cost down), I would suggest, Para-Cleanse, Ginkgo/Hawthorn, Three and an Enzyme for digestion. I took CoQ10 for quite awhile and it also helped the mitral-valve, but not as much as the Ginkgo/Hawthorn. I would opt to try to talk her out of the Depo Provera shots. -Glenda Hadley
Sounds like her liver is taking the brunt of the drugs she is ingesting. Perhaps the first thing she should research is the side effects of the drugs.

I have an article on Mitral Valve Prolapse, but it isn't on the computer. It indicates that B-6 can be a definite contributing factor (which might be one of the actions of her HBP medication) Always take any single B's with B-Complex..

I have one article that says Magnesium prevents and helps Mitral valve prolapse. -Georgiana Duncan
I was diagnosed with this twenty years or so ago, though it hasn't shown up on more recent echocardiograms. Normally, when I occasionally experience a spell of heart palpitations, taking a couple Hawthorn capsules will settle it right down. I even try to keep some in my purse. -Deana Persson
I too have mitral valve prolapse and I have also had occasional panic attacks. I use the Kava Kava for the anxiety attacks and that works really well for me. I would suggest PB-X for purifying the blood. -Marsha Setering
This seems to go hand in hand. I've found that many people with this problem also have Candida problem. It may be a coincidence but all the same when doing a cleanse, take care of the Candida too. If her bowels are open the toxins will eliminate through them efficiently. The mitral valve may be prolapsed due to bacteria so antibacterial like Garlic, Colloidal Silver may help. One friend has these problems along with Candida and fatigue (adrenal stress) and Licorice Root helps her. She also has hormone imbalance. She may want to try Gingko/Hawthorne, Magnesium, CoQ10 (we now have the CoQ10 100). -Chottsie
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Q: I was diagnosed with Hypoglycemia, Hypothyroidism and mitro value prolapse. I have been told thru my own reading and other co workers that panic sometimes is caused by the heart problem and was put on a beta blocker. I work in a call center and my work load has been lightened and I for the most part enjoy the job that I do, so I don't feel like it is stress. -Leon
One of my favorite products is Colostrum. It assists in balancing the blood sugar, the immune system and repairing the intestinal tract. It also gives a feeling of well being. Ginkgo/Hawthorn and COQ10 will do much to assist in the heart issue. I have mitro valve and years ago the doctors tried the drug route. That lasted about a month and I felt worse than before. The Ginkgo/Hawthorn and COQ10 made a huge difference. -Glenda Hadley
Mitral Valve Prolapse Misdiagnosed
About 20 million people in the USA have been misdiagnosed as having mitral valve prolapse, a heart valve disorder that actually affects about 5 million people. The condition, long considered a "hidden epidemic" afflicting 5 to 30 percent of Americans is far less dangerous and less common than doctors previously believed. Previously it was thought that people with mitral valve prolapse faced an increased risk of stroke, heart rhythm disturbances or heart failure. Researchers determined that the patients who actually had mitral valve prolapse suffered those complications at about the same rate as a comparison group. People who have been falsely diagnosed with mitral valve prolapse needlessly take antibiotics every time they go the dentist or undergo skin-penetrating medical procedures, due to a fear of infection of the membrane lining the chambers of the heart. It was also found that prolapse strikes men and women equally, contradicting medical lore that it was especially common in women under 45. The diagnosis has unnecessarily frightened healthy patients, barred them from jobs such as flying airplanes and increased health insurance premiums. It is advised to have a re-test, particularly if you were diagnosed years ago. Mitral valve prolapse occurs when a heart valve is malformed so that it opens and closes abnormally. Since the introduction of echocardiography in the 1970s, technology has improved and there are more specific criteria for reading echocardiograph images. USA TODAY. -Kay Lubecke
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: