Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Migraines

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 11:27 am    Post subject: Migraines Reply with quote

Migraines

Almost three weeks ago I started eating about 75% raw foods, since this time I have had 2 migraines. could this be my bodies way of cleansing and am i doing harm by taking an OTC migraine formula for the pain? -Sherrie
- - - - - - - - - -
Dear Sherri, this is probably your body adjusting to your proper diet. It probably doesn't know how to act to get something nutritious. I wish I could do the same. As far as the OTC migraine formula, come off it slowly, you don't want to shock the body again.

Once your body gets adjusted to your new diet of nutrients, you will no longer need any supplements. -Terence
- - - - - - - - - -
Yes, when I began to wean myself off dairy & sugar I had a headache daily for the first week...detoxing I'm sure. Be certain that the migraine is not hormonal. My favorite headache remedies from Nature's Sunshine: Lavender Oil or Tei Fu Oil massaged into the temples & occipital area, & Fenugreek & Thyme. -Marybeth
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My migraines are caused by MSG (in everything these days), chocolate, aged cheese, bananas, strong antioxidants, some herbs, and others. I take 150mg CoQ10 and 1 feverfew daily which helps prevent them, and this really works, even if you don't think it does, what would it hurt. Muscle test if ginger will help when you have one, cuz it's a vasodialator, and most headaches are that, helps with sickly stomach too. Estrogen headaches around that time of the month, is a vasodilating headaches and ginger will worsen it. But herbs like ginger, garlic, ginkgo, help to dialate what ever is constricted in your head, take 4 every 3 hours. Now I read somewhere that taking iron if pain is behind the right eye, zinc behind left eye, sodium behind right ear, potassium behind left ear, and in back of neck or head use choline. I know this works for me. Zinc lozenges and/or choline has stopped many headaches before they get really bad. May take 1/2 hour but let it work. -Leila North
Q: My Friend had strong Migraine headache for very long time .. I mean years and he checked with lots of doctors and made lots of blood analysis and they found that every thing is working great .. eye sight , blood pressure , brain ... and they don't know what could be the problem .. He is in real pain .. is there a strong medicine or herb over the shelf the he could get to stop his pain?? -Wahba
I used to have several migraines per week. As I began to cleanse toxins from my body the headaches have tapered off. Now I only get one about every 6-8 weeks. Quite an improvement. I associate many(not all but many) with dehydration and congested liver. The Tiao He Cleanse every three months. One ounce of pure water for 2 lbs of body weight( 120lb person needs at least 60 oz.) Also review migraine triggers and eliminate as many as possible. Tei-Fu oil at the beginning of the headache and plenty of water. Deep breathing has also helped many, including myself.
Start juicing on a regular basis. Review stressors in life.
Some have used feverfew as preventative. It did not work for me, but it has worked for some. For true migraine sufferers, it's worth a try. At the end of the day, I really believe you have to get the toxins, out of the body. Laura Russell, CNHP
Bowels must be moving same number of times he has meals per day. Liver is probably involved.

Use Liver Cleanse Formula (6/day), Psyllium Hulls (3 before each meal with lots of water (with Chlorophyll is best), and HP Feverfew (4-6/day). No white sugar, flour, caffeine, pop, or processed foods. Avoid cheese, chocolate and red wine for 3 months.
High raw diet with lots of greens.

Cervical alignment may need adjusting. Have him see a respected chiropractor. -Mike
To be sure, your friend should be muscle tested. I've seen migraines to be caused by heavy metal toxicity, chemical poisoning, blood sugar problems, and food allergies. Different things depending on what the cause appears to be. -Kim
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: