Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Menstrual Problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 11:42 am    Post subject: Menstrual Problems Reply with quote

Menstrual Problems

My daughter is in horrible pain! She hurts before her period and afterward. Does anyone have a suggestion for what to do?? She doesn't take vitamins?? Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks -Bob
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It has been my experience that pre-menstrual or menstrual cramping is related to two things. One) a lack of Calcium and two) the body generally tries to clean out the colon prior to menses. Ask your daughter about her bowel patterns. For the Calcium she can use any of NSP's calcium products and/or Red Raspberry which is an excellent source of calcium and also a female nutritive herb. For regulating the bowel I usually begin with LBS II and Slippery Elm if they are severely constipated. I suggest a 10 day program of daily use, if they respond then we move on to LBS and Psyllium. Eventually have her cleanse. -Angela Rose
Sarsaparilla has been a big help to me and my daughter and her teammates. The NSP cramping formulas should help also. One girl I put on Super GLA - it helped her. --Beth
I truly believe Female Comfort can take care of anything. I have had the best success with this product. It balances the hormonal system. I usually have the ladies take daily until the menses begin then stop the 5 days or however long they last and then begin again. I have seen results within the first month. Have her take 2 with each meal. Best of health. -Janice
Q: My 20 year old daughter has no periods. She has taken birth control pills for 5 years to make her have one. We recently took her off the pills but she is not having a period. Any suggestions? -Nancy
I would start her on Don Quai. It is good for getting the period started. It may take her a few months as the birth control pill will stop her ovaries from dropping an egg. It is like freezing the function of the ovary so to speak. Don Quai will help. The FC formula contains herbs that will support. -Suzanne
Call Day 1 the day menstrual bleeding should begin. In a normal menstrual cycle, estrogen is dominant from Day 3 to Day 13, and progesterone is dominant from Day 15 to Day 27.

A woman's body can be "trained" to have periods.

Time it to the Moon's cycle. Day 1 is the New Moon. Give phytoestrogen herbs, such as pomegranate, red clover, black cohosh, etc., each day until the Full Moon. At the Full Moon, immediately discontinue the phytoestrogen herbs and administer a high-strength progesterone cream until the New Moon.

Repeat this until the body "gets the message," and responds with a menstrual cycle. It will usually begin in one to three months. To Your Health. -David Ross, ND
Q: Has anyone tried any of the NSP products for women?
I came cross a young lady who has so much pain and vomiting during her first days of her period. She also had a hard time breathing. She said she actually thought she was going to die and almost passed out. She was home alone and called the paramedics and they put her on oxygen and transported her to the ER. The oxygen helped alleviate the pain. At the ER, they gave her demeral for the pain. What would help her? Thanks -Maxine
The super GLA combination has helped one of my clients. It is great! Also might try Sarsaparilla - this has helped me personally. -Beth
I would suggest a liver cleanse. I have heard that the Monthly Maintenance has helped many. Also, Menstrual Cramp formula should help. I tried Evening Primrose Oil for tender breasts and pms and it really works. -Beatriz Nieto
However, one should not take Evening Primrose if there is a history of breast cancer in the family - a better choice is Black Currant Oil. -Beth
I suffer from severe menstrual pain myself and am currently doing a liver cleanse. I think perhaps supporting the liver and trying the new cramp relief may be a good way to go. -Robin Snelgrove
Q: Can anyone recommend something for a 13 year old girl she has her period every two weeks. She has bad PMS cramps, bloating, mood swings, she's just very uncomfortable most of the time. Any help will be appreciated. -Rita
Recipes for Success states; (which I use on a regular basis) Cramps are usually caused by a severe calcium deficiency. FCS II or Female Comfort all month to regulate hormones. Add Ginger, 4 at a time, or LB-X or Magnesium(100 mg every 2 hrs) when cramping occurs. Tei Fu, Lavender, Geranium, Cycles, or Clary Sage applied externally.
Feminine Tonic or Menstrual in the Homeopathic
Eliminate Dairy foods
Scanty Menses: Red Raspberry + Female Control -Ray
NSP has two products for difficult menstrual cycles. Menstrual Reg - for heavy menstruation, Cramp Relief - for menstrual cramps. I would add Red Raspberry to these which neither formula contains. I've had good success with Female Comfort which does contain Red Raspberry. -Charlotte Commero
Irregular cycles in a 13 year old girl is not abnormal. However the other symptoms lead me to think that she has a hormone imbalance. Many people get synthetic hormones in their foods, primarily chicken and dairy. This can throw off her own ability to balance hormones. Make sure she is moving her bowels regularly and check for craving for things like sugar and chocolate. These indicate a lack of minerals OR poor absorption of the same. Mineral Chi Tonic or Herbal CA can help and this will aid the body to balance itself as well. Check to see if she has been given antibiotics as she may need Bifidophilus Flora Force to reestablish the beneficial bacteria in the gut - this is especially important with mood swings as 60% of the neuroreceptors are found in the gut. The products mentioned by the other respondents are good and perhaps muscle testing to see which one would be best to start is a good idea so as not to overwhelm her. Test to see if the LOW DOSE Pro G Yam cream might help. Finally I like the Red Raspberry blend as it is easy to take, very concentrated and works FAST! Good luck and God speed. -Karen Jensen
Sounds like a hormone imbalance - I had the same problem for years. According to Chinese Medicine, this is a liver congestion problem. Chinese Blood Build (BP-C) works very well for this problem. Have her take it as soon as she stops bleeding (DO NOT take until the cycle has completely stopped; wait 24 hrs to be sure) and continue for two weeks. That should bring her to mid-cycle - at that point, watch the diet (more whole foods) and stress levels. Blood Build can be taken following each menstrual cycle until the liver congestion is cleared. Good luck. -Denise
I have had good luck with Master Gland. It helped mood swings also with the teen. -Beth Chambers
Q: I have a new client with abnormal menstruation -- severe menstrual cramps, heavy blood flow, and heavy blood clotting. She's in her mid 30s and has had this condition since her teenage years. She's taken large dosages of ibuprofen over the last 20 years to alleviate the extreme pain. Otherwise, no medications.
Any ideas on where to start? It seems like the liver and the blood need to be cleansed and nourished first, but I'd appreciate anyone's expertise in this area. -Leslie
This definitely has to do with moving stagnant blood. The people that do the ibuprofen and such create a tar like build up in their system.
Your blood movers are Yarrow and Ho Shu Wu. These move stagnation. Dandelion root is good to help with stagnation also.
The Deep Relief oil on the abdomen will help to relax the cramps if she is having those too. -Kimberly Balas
I have had a woman use Female Comfort - she was going to have surgery due to the heavy bleeding but only one bottle and she was regulated. Also I use Sarsaparilla for cramps - I take it when my period starts. You could take it every day. I would also try to new Super GLA - all the good Omega's int it sound great! -Beth
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: