Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Menstrual Periods - Scant

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 11:43 am    Post subject: Menstrual Periods - Scant Reply with quote

Menstrual Periods - Scant

My 15 yr old daughter has regular 6 wk emotional cycles, but has only had 2 very light periods ever. I'm considering adding an estrogenic herb to her diet since the Dr wants to put her on the pill to get things rolling. Any ideas? -Christine Shreve
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Menstrual Reg usually works GREAT with teenage girls. If there is also excess weight involved, I also like to put them on Pro-G-Yam cream (500 mg.) for 3-6 months, 1/4 t. twice a day, just to help off-balance that. Is she eating a lot of commercially produced dairy, bread and chicken? Remember that these are full of synthetic estrogen and will contribute to her problem. Hope this helps! -Sharon Grimes
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I had those problems when I was a teen and in my early 20's. My mother tried many natural methods. I even received hormone shots from a licensed ND. Nothing worked except the shots from the ND, and it was temporary. Going to my OBGYN was the best thing I did. He did put me on the pill. It works. Later on when I was 23 my period stopped. I had to get a shot from him to get it started again. There were other times when I had to much bleeding. The OBGYN put be on the pill, but he had me take 4 a day for a week. It made me a little sick. It solved my problem. He said that the lining in the uterus was not mature and that this method would take care of it. It must of worked. I have never had another problem. I am in my 40's now.. Hope this helps. -Teresa Mc..
- - - - - - - - - - - -
You had a hormone imbalance (too much estrogen) that could have been counterbalanced by using natural progesterone cream. You CAN "mature" the lining of the uterus naturally. I have done this successfully with many teen girls, and women in their menopause years - both times when hormone levels are fluctuating. The risk of being put on the pill for teens, especially, is that almost 75% of them will develop some level of endometriosis if they are on the pill for any length of time (a year or longer). The average age for a woman having a hysterectomy in our country is now 28 - isn't that awful?!?" And every single woman I talk to who had a hysterectomy at such a young age had all been put on the pill in their mid-teens to regulate their cycles. There are so many risks today from synthetic hormones, I would encourage every mother to avoid this at all cost for their daughters, or themselves.

I am very happy for you that you didn't have any of these side effects, and glad that everything is normal for you now. I commend your mother for trying all that she did. I would love to know what natural methods were being used for these types of problems 25 years ago, since so much of the research on natural progesterone cream, etc., has happened in the last ten years. Please share with us sometime! -Sharon Grimes
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Actually sometimes it was too much estrogen and many times it was not enough. I took estrogen for 5 to 6 years off and on depending on my period at the time. I received this estrogen from my ND. Their would be times I would not have any periods at all. My ND gave me a progesterone shot a few times trying to regulate my period. It worked to a large degree. Then I went to the OBGYN and he gave me a shot. I had to have a couple more shots, but after that plus the help from the pill I have done well with no female problems what so ever. There were many products back 25 years ago to work with. My ND had shelves full of natural products back then. I had a bad problem with acne back then because of my hormones. The ND cleared it all up with homeopathic remedies. I had bad allergy's back then too. All of it was cleared up with one bottle of a homeopathic remedy. I was amazed. I am doing well now because of all the help I had back then plus I do take care of my self now with diet, exercise etc. I have the Progesterone Cream on my shelves and recommend it very highly. Emotional well-being may need to be addressed with this issue too. Many people get well in this world using a variety of methods. Variety is the spice of health and life. I hope this teen gets well soon. Thanks. -Teresa Mc...
- - - - - - - - - - - -
I really hate to disagree with you but, I, my two daughters, and two granddaughters all have endometriosis. Well I don't anymore as I am past menopause. My second daughter has it very bad, she is now 38 and has been told for many years that she should have every thing removed. She doesn't want to so the doctor gives her pain medication and now she is on the birth control pill. She tried the pro-g-yam cream but I think she didn't stick with it long enough. Although I remember those bad periods and can't say I blame her. Anyway none of us were on anything when we developed the endometriosis, so it wasn't because of taking the pill. When I was a teen my mom had to give me peragorg (spelling), once I even had to go to the doctor for a shot, the pain was so bad, and we all have very high pain tolerance. I haven't heard of the theory before that the pill causes it, in our case it wasn't so. -Jeannette
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Jeannette, I agree with you that the birth control is NOT the cause of every case of endometriosis Is it any coincidence that women in third world countries never had problems with endometriosis until birth control pills were administered to the women?

Sadly, as in your daughter's case, many women (young and old) do not know about Pro-G-Yam, or how to use it correctly. I have had absolutely terrific results with many women when they use it regularly, as instructed, in a sufficient dosage. There are also dietary changes that can help - especially not eating commercially raised beef, chicken, or commercially produced dairy products unless they are hormone-free. Body weight is also key, as our fat cells produce estrogen, so if a woman is more than 20% over her ideal body weight, she is bound to have hormone imbalance problems at some point.

I highly recommend that EVERY woman read Dr. John Lee's books:

What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Menopause What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Pre-Menopause What Your Doctor May Not Tell You About Breast Cancer

Dr. Lee's information, and natural progesterone cream, saved my uterus and my life, and I was able to heal my female organs and keep them all! I am not 48 and everything still functions great! I want to encourage other women of all ages that there is HOPE.

I also want to encourage everyone with estrogen-dominance issues to check out NSP's Indole-3-Carbinol. -Sharon Grimes
- - - - - - - - - - - -
My 17 year old daughter has irregular periods and I give her the homeopathic feminine tonic. (she can't swallow pills) so she takes the drops and it always brings on her monthly period, but when she misses it she doesn't get her period regularly. -Margie
- - - - - - - - - - - -
If you daughter has a weight problem at all - difficult time keeping weight from increasing - you might want to check with an Ob/Gyn and see if she has polycystic ovaries. I had been thin all of my life. About 7 or 8, maybe even 10 years ago, my periods became very scant. A few years later, I began to gain weight. Then I began to have blood sugar problems - hyperinsulinemia. I had a chiropractor help me get a diagnosis of polycystic ovaries because a lot of doctors didn't' think to check for this. My experience only. Actually hope that's not her problem. Only treatments I know of are through the ob/gyn if this is the case. Others might know more. -Rhonda Partin
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: