Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Menstrual Exacerbates Problems

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 11:44 am    Post subject: Menstrual Exacerbates Problems Reply with quote

Menstrual Exacerbates Problems

A lady who is in a study for bipolar The Dr. had told the woman to get B complex and referred her to Natures Sunshine. She has been taking them and also the super supplemental and is feeling they help. However she is still having major problems and they are always greatly exacerbated by her period. She will call me during that time sometimes twice a day and has no recall that we have already spoken. She has trouble concentrating, and sleep problems. She can't sleep, then will do nothing but sleep. And of course the depression is worse then. She gets very weepy. The Dr advised her to take some herbs to balance her hormones. She is eager to try something. But she is on prescription meds: risperdal, and carbamazepin (generic for Tegretol) . I know that some herbs and meds are not to be taken together. But how do you know which are safe? I personally know from my own experience that magnesium, evening primrose and flaxseed are beneficial for PMS and have also helped improve my sleep quality. None of those should interfere with any meds, but what about herbal formula's? I was looking at Chinese Liver Balance or Female Comfort or X-Action for women. The hart cd also suggested 5-HTP, Chinese Mood Elevator, Stress Pack, Wild Yam and Chaste tree. I was also considering focus attn or Gingko/Gotu Kola/bacopa. I want to narrow it down to the most effective with the fewest possible. -Addy
- - - - - - - -
Get her started on Pro-G-Yam 500 and support her adrenals. This sounds like it is all coming from there. Have her do Licorice Root opening the capsules as needed. She should never go 3 hours with out eat some good whole food. I really like Nervous Fatigue formula for adrenals. I always have my clients take their herbs at a different time then their drugs. Herbs are food. -LeRae
- - - - - - - - - -
I would be interested in knowing where you got this information about evening primrose oil. Thanks. -Nancy
- - - - - - - - - -
Prescription for nutritional Healing - book has the statement regarding the evening primrose oil. Look up evening primrose oil in the front part of the book. I have heard this in other places also. -Beth
- - - - - - - - - -
I never bought the updated version since there was so much in the first one that I didn't agree with according to what I've been taught...there are always going to be differing points of view. Here is another point of view, taken from Herb Allure: "According to a 1982 study published in the S.A. Medical Journal, evening primrose oil greatly inhibits cancer growth without affecting healthy cells. Another study, published the same year, found that 2 different types of esophageal cancer cells, treated with GLA, died after 7 days. Additional studies published in Medical Hypothesis corraborate initial research. Results from a promising animal study published in the Journal of Nutrition, Growth and Cancer documented the effects of evening primrose oil for inhibiting the growth of breast cancer in laboratory rats. Still other studies show malignant liver cells return to their normal form when GLA is combined with the cell culture." Laura Hart is a sponsor of this forum and has done extensive research on each of NSP's products. I highly recommend getting the Herb Allure products so you can have this vital info at your fingertips. Laura, would you care to comment about Evening Primrose Oil? -Nancy
- - - - - - - - - -
The original edition (©1990) of "Prescription for Nutritional Healing" does state that "those suffering from breast cancer that is estrogen related should avoid or limit their intake of primrose oil."

However, more recent research indicates just the opposite. A study published in "Cancer Letters" in 1998 stated that "evening primrose oil (EPO) showed a moderate antitumor activity.... Omega-6 fatty acid-rich lipid formulas [such as EPO], containing GLA and linoleic acid, were NOT tumor promoters. On the contrary, [they] exhibited ANTICANCER activity." (Cancer Letters; 1998, 126(2):149-155)

The anti-cancer effects of evening primrose oil appear to be due to the presence of essential fatty acids. In fact, research indicates that essential fatty acid "deficiency" may actually be a "promoter" of breast tumor growth. (Nutrition; 1999, 15(3):208-212)

I hope this information will help clear up any confusion about evening primrose oil and its use in regards to breast cancer. -Laura Clement, Author, HART Toolkit
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: