Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Menopausal Insomnia

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 11:48 am    Post subject: Menopausal Insomnia Reply with quote

Menopausal Insomnia

Does anyone have the insomnia problem figured out? I have so many menopausal clients that have a difficult time sleeping. I've heard it was low estrogen, yet most test well on the NF-X which as I understand it, reduces estrogen. -Leslie Hasslinger
- - - - - - - - - -
According to Traditional Chinese Medicine, menopause is actually called Menstrual Cycle Ending Symptoms. In TCM, it is fundamentally treated as a Kidney Qi Deficiency but it will vary woman to woman. There is obviously Organ disharmonies (most likely the Liver Chi), and probably Qi stagnation. Acupuncture and Chinese herbs work very well here, as do Qi Gong, Tai Chi, Yoga, etc. to reduce 'symptoms' like insomnia.

I highly recommend the book "Traditional Chinese Medicine: A Woman's Guide to a Trouble-Free Menopause" by Nan Lu, O.M.D., L.Ac. He is a foremost TCM doctor. He writes, "As you've seen, TCM sees menopause very differently. You've learned how TCM regards this transition as a time of natural decline in the body's kidney Qi. The treatment then involves helping a woman increase her overall Qi to make it strong and flowing, as well as helping to get her body's organs to work in harmony. If this can be achieved, TCM states that a woman can produce enough estrogen on her own for the rest of her life. I can assure you that many of my patients have faced a wide variety of menopausal issues and almost all of them have been helped successfully by TCM through this transition." good luck. and get to a TCM doctor! -Redhawk
- - - - - - - - - -
Menopausal insomnia can be helped with Pro-G-Yam 500. It somehow promotes the balance needed to keep you from waking up. For many women this also controls the hot flashes. However, some need to use either C-X or Flash-Ease and some also need to add the Chinese Liver Balance Formula. A "hot liver" can give you a lot of grief. Also, in her book "Aromatherapy for Body Mind and Spirit" Larissa Jones has a formula for relieving hot flashes. I made it and it works! I have dozens of customers who have found some real relief from using these products. -Ann Jones
- - - - - - - - - -
I have insomnia when I have hot flashes. It's really not insomnia, but between sweating and freezing, I don't get a good night's sleep. I started using the C-X rather than Flash Ease and it seems to work better. Also, I diluted Clary sage in water and put it in a spray bottle. I spray myself with it when I have a flash and it really does help - plus it smells good! -Carole Rishel
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: