Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Marfan's Syndrome

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 11:57 am    Post subject: Marfan's Syndrome Reply with quote

Marfan's Syndrome

My grandson, age 10, was diagnosed that he may be a candidate for Marfan's syndrome. Is anyone familiar with this and have any suggestions what could be done to help this condition not to become a problem? Thank you so much!! -Lili Bayt
- - - - - - - - - -
This is a genetic problem that can effect the aortic. They monitor these clients often. It is like a time bomb. I don't want to scare you. Has anyone else been diagnosed in the family? As I said, it is genetic disorder if it is Marfans. Most of these people are tall and lanky over 6 foot. I will get you some research on this from a medical journal. I am surprised the doctor did give you are more data. Please read website to learn more about Marfans.

http://www.emedicine.com/ped/topic1372.htm -Dee
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: My son who is 41 has Marfan's Syndrome which is a disease of the connective tissue and can eventually lead to heart problems and heart failure. It is rare and inherited. We only learned this about 3 years ago. He is presently taking Chondroitin, Glucosamine and Coral Calcium with magnesium. His doctor told him to continue with the formula. He has notice a little difference but hasn't been taking it long enough.

He recently had an episode when his arm became dislocated at the elbow when he picked up a heavy object. Another with his wrist but he dropped the object before it dislocated. I'm hoping the Chondroitin and Glucosamine will help strengthen the connective tissue.

The other problem he has are a couple of Aneurysms, one in his stomach and another in his esophagus. Surgery is not needed at this time because they are still small. I guess I am asking if anyone has suggestions for strengthening the vessels and the connective tissue. He has a lifetime of poor eating habits but is currently beginning to eat more fruits, veggies and whole grains. Thanks. -Marianne
- - - - - - - - - - - -
Marianne, I would highly suggests 2 ounces of Colloidal Minerals a day. Aneurysm's can be attributed to low copper levels. Can you check for that.

I would also suggest SynerPro Calc/Mag. because there is also 2 mg of copper in that per 4 tablets. Calcium/Magnesium probably would go well with him as well and the Boron contained in it which is necessary for Skeletal Strength.

I am not too sure that Coral Calcium would be a good choice with this problem. I would go more for the SynerPro. Unless he is highly acidic in his PH. -Lourdes Martinez
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: