Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Liver - Fatty

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 12:44 pm    Post subject: Liver - Fatty Reply with quote

Liver - Fatty

Fatty Liver I was diagnosed with fatty liver infiltration years ago. Does anyone know if there is anything I can take to eliminate or reduce this fatty infiltration? If not anything that will prevent it from getting worse? - Julia
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Julie, I sympathize with your health challenge, and the fact that no one has attempted to offer you any nutritional solutions. I will offer you my very limited knowledge, but please understand, with the seriousness of your condition, you need to do further research and more importantly acknowledge the source of true healing.

All active alcoholics display signs of fatty liver infiltration, however even moderate consumption of alcohol by non-alcoholics/social drinkers can produce fatty liver problem. The development of this problem is directly related to the nutritional status of the liver, made worse by a high-fat diet.

I had elevated ALT and AST values after getting blood work done about 8-10 months ago. Since then I have had follow test that show normal values for these enzymes. To accomplish this I did several things....

1.) Avoid toxins, pesticides, and food high in fat. I reduced alcohol consumption to 1 pint of organic ale a week and eliminated dairy from my diet (replace cheese and milk with Soy products).
2.) Start an exercise program.. I worked up to 3 miles 4 days a week.
3.) Take supplements like milk thistle, vitamin E, and multi-vitamins.
4.) Eat a serving of almonds once a day.

Doing this, in 8 months I lost 30lbs., dropped my cholesterol 50pts, and normalized my hepatic functions. since elevated enzymes are the result of insult to the liver and fat/triglycaroid retention LOSE weight and avoid GMO food, MSG, or anything processed. A diet low in fat and regular exercise in addition to supplements should help..A lot!! I believe vitamin E/soy and antioxidants are Key!! Good luck -jah
Carnitine plays an extremely important role in the utilization and metabolization of fatty acid in the liver. There is even some evidence that Carnitine deficiency within the liver promotes fatty liver infiltration (also known as liver contestation). Since Carnitine facilitates fatty acid transport and oxidation, supplementation would most likely be beneficial.

SAM-e is another beneficial supplement for several liver disorders. It apparently promotes bile flow thus relieving congestion.

And of course, Milk Thistle will assist in regenerating tissue repair.

Again I suggest that you do more personal research on the supplements that I have mentioned, along with diet modification. If you do not have a Nature's Sunshine sponsor that can work with you, I am sure any number of NSP managers on this forum, including myself, would be more than happy to work with you. - Jewel
My fiancee has Fatty Liver Disease. He takes Milk Thistle and Vitamin E every day. His went down 100 points in 3 months. I also watch what he eats too. -Schelle
For fatty liver, I would use milk thistle combination. I would muscle test to find out how many per meal. My daughter was expecting and to avoid nausea, she took milk thistle comb. She muscle tested each meal and one of the times she had to take as many as 22. She was able to gradually cut back and eventually took none. She never had nausea. Muscle test for digestive bitters as well. -Maggie Schalk
Milk Thistle is THE herb for the liver, including: "fatty deposits in the liver" according to Herb Allure's Hart manual. -Nancy Coulter
Milk Thistle and L-Carnitine are both helpful for fatty liver problems, especially alcohol-induced fatty liver. -Laura Clement
Q: I was diagnosed last summer with fat on my liver. this was found in a cat scan. My liver enzymes were slightly elevated -Micheil
Symptoms are an indication of something out of balance in the body. Getting to the ROOT of the problem is the key. Milk Thistle is THE herb that nutritionally supports the liver. It has been shown in studies to stop and reverse cirrhosis, help with fatty liver, help clean up chemical (in this case, drug) damage. It has a lot of good benefits for the body, and no harmful ones like the drugs you were taking. You can read more about Milk Thistle when you subscribe to the Hart by Herb Allure, one of the forum's sponsors. Since your symptoms started while on the drug, I would look up the long term side effects of the drug, and see if that could have caused this "strange Pressure" problem. Or, you could just start supporting the liver. Some people have used Milk Thistle this way: 1 the first day 2 the second day 3 the third day.... adding one each day until they reach around 23 a day, then reduce 1 each day until they reach a suggested maintenance use (on the bottle). There is much to be said about insulin resistance and many different "dis-ease-s". "Stop eating refined carbohydrates and sugars", as Dr, Rodier put it. Look into Syndrome X. Could be the 'ROOT" cause you're looking for. All Cell Detox might help the body to pull the residuals of the drugs out of the body. A colon cleanse is recommended at the same time, so anything that is pulled from the cells has a way to be eliminated fairly quickly. I like Ivy's Colon Recipe best as a cleanse. Yours In Health, -Nancy Coulter
- - - - - - - - - -
I have been told by the doctor that I have a fatty liver. However, all my blood tests are fine, showing no elevations. (I am not a drinker either). Is there anything I should be doing besides taking Milk Thistle Combination? -Diane Sepos
- - - - - - - - - -
You are at a good starting point. without out any more info I would suggest anti oxidants and maybe Dandelion. You may need to add Hi Potency Garlic to the program. -S. Mitchell
Q: A client (new to herbs) has been diagnosed with a fatty liver. The doctor wants her to take Milk Thistle (300 mg. twice a day). Should I suggest Milk Thistle T/R or Milk Thistle Combination?
Thanks. -Kathy
I prefer Milk Thistle Combination in conjunction with SAM-e and MSM for best results. Also, Helichrysum E.O. is useful in detox baths and also in a massage oil base directly over liver region of the abdomen. -Sharon Grimes
Just curious. What does the essential oil do for the liver and should it be used with or without a carrier oil. My husband has a fatty liver and I would like to suggest this to him. He also has elevated liver enzymes. Any suggestions for that issue would be appreciated. Thank you.- Kris
In a carrier oil - Reduces the inflammation and helps the liver detox and heal --- VERY powerful!!! I would also be using Milk Thistle Combo, MSM, and SAMe. -Sharon Grimes
Fatty liver is caused by too much sugar! -Inge Wetzel ND
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: