Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lips - Burning - Peeling

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 12:51 pm    Post subject: Lips - Burning - Peeling Reply with quote

Lips - Burning - Peeling

I would like to know if anyone has dealt with a condition where the lips burn and then peel. Some swelling and itching is also associated with the process. This is not just a chapped lip condition. It happens intermittently and cannot clearly be attributed to specific environmental conditions, lack of H2O etc. -Barbara
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My first thought is that your reaction could be from allergies -- more than likely food allergies. Especially since you say it happens intermittently.

Either pay attention to what you have eaten, or even start journaling what you eat and when -- or eliminate the most common food allergies, ie, peanuts, seafood, shellfish, citrus, etc.

Another thought could be candida. My daughter had a severe reaction to citric acid when she had a bout of candida. -Georgiana
I remember years ago after having a really stressful time when it was crucial for a physical job to be done in a real hurry where the stress was great, within 1/2 hour by the time I arrived home my lips began to peel. This was long before I joined NSP, and even many times since I have had the same thing happen and my lips have peeled. So consider the adrenals even Licorice. I was thinking last week that it was some time since it had last happened! I thought too soon, so having a stress to keep an appointment and too much traffic and next day they peeled.. -Valerie
I recently have experienced redness/swelling and itching/peeling on my lips. I thought it was my new toothpaste, but today, it came back and I changed my toothpaste a few days ago. Haven't started to write down what I have eaten (in case it may be a food allergy), but need to do something. I look like someone who has gotten the lip augmentation! They appear shiny and it looks like I already have lipstick on! They itch and when I don't put anything on them, they seem to secrete some kind of sticky fluid...not sure if it's my body's mechanism to protect my lips. I'm now resorting to using only Vaseline on them. Tried chap stick and they itch; tried some other OTC ointment and they itch! But so far, if I keep putting on Vaseline, it is some relief. Started while in Hawaii, but that shouldn't be a factor...stopped for a few days after changing the toothpaste...but started again! Any suggestions! I have an HMO and the Dr always says any problems are "Stress Related" so I hate going to them!!! -Dee
I have been experiencing the burning peeling lips for over a year. Nothing I do seems to make it go away. It started feeling like I had sunburned my lips, then the peeling began. After about a month, my lips started oozing a yellowish pus, therefore I figured they were infected. I went to my doctor, as well as a dermatologist, and my OB on many occasions and we tried many, many different ointments, and prescriptions. NOTHING WORKED! The only thing that even remotely helped was Cortisone. Now the symptoms have moved to the corners of my mouth. That seems to be the only area affected at this time. The corners of my mouth are constantly cracking, burning, and oozing. There must be something that we all have in common. Maybe it is our age? (Menopause) Or maybe it is our environment? (Allergies) I have read many testimonies on the Internet, and no one has come to any conclusion as to the cause or what treatment to use. I do not believe that it is contagious since no one in my family has experienced this. -Terri
I had suggested candida (yeast) as a factor to one of the other posts -- and that is what someone else said worked for them. I would suggest you drink Pau D Arco Tea or take Black Walnut and Hi Potency Garlic or perhaps large amounts of Olive Leaf Extract along with probiotics. Perhaps Pau D' Arco Lotion externally also -- BUT, be sure to treat internally. -Georgian
I have experienced this same problem, USUALLY starts one week before menses. I have tracked it down to a yeast problem. Eliminate ALL sugar and caffeine (or as much as possible) from diet, also no peanuts or corn. I use the Golden Salve on the outside of my face, seems to help better than using an anti-fungal cream. Tea Tree EO in warm water for mouthwash/gargle and I also take high doses of either the Probiotic Eleven or the Bifidophilus Flora Force first thing in the morning on an empty stomach. Drink a lot of purified water either distilled or reverse osmosis. It should clear up in a week.
-Kathleen
I am facing the same problem. I have my lips swollen, inflamed and sore. I can not even open my mouth fully it is very painful. It started some 15 days ago. I first thought that it is due to sunburn but now I have some rash on lips and around the skin. it seems like it is spreading all over the face. I don't have any food allergy or drug allergy. it is very irritating i scare to see in mirror. Please help. -Mita Kulkarni
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: