Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Lichenplaneus Skin Disorder

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 12:55 pm    Post subject: Lichenplaneus Skin Disorder Reply with quote

Lichenplaneus Skin Disorder

Q: Have someone inquiring about herbs for this.
- - - - - - - - - -
Okay, this probably evolved overtime. The questions are: prior to the lichen planus was the person taking medications, were they having a lot of digestive disorders in prior years? Are joints/and or muscles have pain? A lot of stress or strife in the past?

What other health issues were prevalent before this came on, in other words?

Do they have a gluten allergy, which can trigger a reaction.

From my understanding it seems to be fungal or viral, but there also seems to be some level of mineral and vitamin deficiencies, because some people with this disorder lose hair or nails become affected.

I would try VS-C 4-6 caps per day, Colloidal Silver (1 tsp 3x per day), Alfalfa (3 3x per day) high in minerals and electrolytes (lack of sodium and cause a lot of food allergies). I would also highly suggest NSP B-Complex (2 3x per day for 1 week then 1 3x per day). B-complex vitamins (especially pantothenic acid act as co-enzymes in hundreds of functions in the body).

If the person has had digestive issues, Food Enzymes if they are low in hydrochloric acid (HCL). You can tell by this test if they need HCL. Next meal when discomfort hits, take 1 tbls of apple cider vinegar, if the discomfort gets better then they need HCL, if it gets worse, they are not low in HCL, the Proactazyme (digestive enzymes w/ no HCL)is best.

For the heat and inflammation this disorder caused IF-C Chinese formula (removes heat) may also be a good choice. Also, if bowels not moving every day that needs to be corrected. Must eliminate. Best wishes. -Lourdes Martinez
- - - - - - - - - -
A client has been trying different things for lichenplaneus that she has in her mouth. Was seeing slow improvement. She started on Yeast/fungal detox hoping it would help her congestion from allergies and has noticed an improvement in the lichenpaneus. -Sandra Nesky
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: Lady has a red and scaly dot type rash on her legs. Her doc gave her a steroid cream which actually made it worse. It is not itchy, but very irritated. Is there any herbal help for this? Thank you. -Lillyanna
- - - - - - - - - -
I would start with things like raw aloe, Tea Tree and natures fresh. That takes care of the outside. Certainly start working from the inside. Zinc, Bowel support, Chlorophyll. -S. Mitchell
- - - - - - - - - -

Q: Has anyone worked with anyone with lichenplanus? It affects the inside of the mouth where the gums have white lines in them.
- - - - - - - - - -
I just had a client e-mail me about this, I did some research on it and came up with this program and information for her:

I have looked up several sites on this lichen Planus, the medical community does not seem to know what it is caused by but they seem to put it in the category of either allergic reaction or an auto immune reaction. In either case, it indicates that your immune system needs to be strengthened. A biopsy is often done in order to confirm the diagnosis. As far as medical treatment goes since they don't know the cause, it is really a shot in the dark as far as any treatment. Steroids are often used because this condition is usually itchy and rash like. It will normally go away on it's own after several months and then come back from time to time. This makes me think it is related to a virus in some way. It is also tied into the presence of yeast at times. The following products will help to build your immune system, improve digestion, help to counteract food allergies, and combat yeast. I chose things that have an anti-viral, antibacterial property to cover that end of things. I have found some research connecting this to a type of new bacteria that Doctors don't normally test for as their discovery is so new.

Una De Gato (cat's claw) 6-12 per day Protease Plus 2 per day Yeast Fungal Detox 1-2per day Capryl Immune 6 per day

Chinese Mineral Chi 1 tablespoon twice daily (keep refrigerated) -Valerie G
- - - - - - - - - -
I was diagnosed with lichen planus in October of 2004. I had been told that the disease was incurable. I opted against steroids and decided to try alternative medicine. I was in a full blown breakout, with blisters covering my entire body. I sought help from a professional in Chinese medicine and received acupuncture treatment, a daily detox called CleanStart, and 2 Chinese herbs. Each person diagnosed with this disease will receive a different treatment, as the Chinese look at emotional causes rather than just the disease itself. My blistering cleared within a month. I will forever believe in the miracle of alternative medicine and it's benefits. Acupuncture should be continued through the course of one's lifetime with semi-annual visits to keep one's body in balance..so do not discontinue alternative care just in the event of a remission. I have used a homeopathic cream called Healing AC to help reduce my scarring. It is distributed through Nature's Sunshine and can be found in many health food stores. Good luck to the recently diagnosed. There is help. -Jen Benson
- - - - - - - - - -
I just read an article in "Better Nutrition" that Aloe Vera Juice heals this up quickly. I don't know, but my Mom has it and I will try it.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: