Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Knee - Cartilage Deterioration

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Knee - Cartilage Deterioration Reply with quote

Knee - Cartilage

My husband is to go in for torn knee cartilage repair this week and I was wondering if anyone out there has used anything in particular to help prepare and recover from surgery? -Joyce
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Bone/Skin Poultice is great for any healing need, especially after surgery. People that have had stitches and used this product have been able to take the stitches out earlier than anticipated. Also Vitamin E w/ Selenium. High Potency Grapine is also great, all antioxidants! Don't forget to take something for sluggish bowels as after surgery this seems to be a problem due to anesthetics and medicine. -Beth
You might want to reconsider that surgery. I tore my meniscus cartilage also several months ago. I, too, was scheduled to have the surgery, then had my surgery postponed by the doctor twice. I took that as a message. I started looking into it. Found out that it predisposes you to knee replacement surgery later on. Then found three people who had that happen and let it heal (it does heal). They have no further problem with their knee, where the two people I know who had the surgery have problems with it. In the beginning I took tons (30+ at a time) of PLS II. Then I used Super Mini Magnets where it hurt which helped. Then I started taking NSP Nature's Noni Juice. That has helped the most. I had to take 6 ounces at once at first. Within a couple days it went down to 4 oz twice a day, then to 2 or 3 oz at a time. I have very little pain ever. Rarely use a magnet, have not used PLS II for months. I did start using a Chi Machine, which must be helping to rebuild the muscle holding the knee. I think that will be the important thing to do in a long run (build up those muscles), but cannot do without my Nature's Noni Juice. The capsules didn't seem to do as much in this case. -Georgiana Duncan
My daddy suddenly started having knee pain when he bent his leg. He can get on his knees without pain but he cannot squat. His knee is popping and cracking when he bends it. Since one very loud pop that hurt very bad the pain has been much less. The doctor feels like there is a piece of cartilage broken off and moving around in the joint. Any ideas of an herbal program to work with this? -Rayelee Sheppard
This injury is a trend lately. I did tear my meniscus cartilage in my knee. PLS II in very large quantities helped me sleep the first couple days. I took as many as 33 at a time with Digestazyme. But, in retrospect, I am wondering if the liquid Nature's Noni Juice wouldn't have helped more. Glucosamine helps to some degree (I can tell when I miss it). In the last few weeks, I started the Nature's Noni Juice. I had stressed my knee and couldn't sleep for a couple nights. . . .I started with 6 or 7 ounces of the juice, cutting back slightly every day. You can tell if you cut back too much, (pain or aching). If there isn't pain, just popping and snapping, I would use Glucosamine and Chondroitin. Starting with 4 Glucosamine, and 2 Chondroitin, cutting back in a few days to 3 on the Glucosamine. You may have to take these for months. -Georgiana Duncan
Q: I have a friend who has a torn meniscus. According to the doctor, this can only be corrected through surgery. Apparently, it is not like torn cartilage, which can be repaired/assisted through Glucosamine/Chondroitin because there is no blood supply to the meniscus? -Laurie Newberry
There are times when surgery is very helpful. I had this same problem after falling 30-feet down an escalator. I tried every possible NSP product over the course of a year, experiencing pain with every step, and finally resorted to surgery. I have not had a single problem since the surgery, which was 5 years ago! What they do is to remove the torn meniscus, which continues to cause pain the whole time it is in there. -Kay Lubecke
Q: What causes cartilage deterioration (in the knees) and how can it be treated herbally? -Paula McClellan
I have a torn meniscus and losing weight if that is the problem will help. Also, rub MSM Glucosamine Cream at least twice daily with Deep Relief Essential Oil. I started using the Everflex formula and it also helped. Perhaps some enzymes along with Skeletal Formula will work. Check your ph. -Beatriz Nieto
Repetitive injury is usually the cause. You can rebuild with Shark Cartilage, Skeletal Formula, and keep joints moist with the use of Glucosamine and Chrondroitin. -Suzanne
Would certainly use Glucosamine here.....it's suppose to rebuild cartilage. -Patsy Reynolds
Would it take pretty large doses of Glucosamine? Would the Everflex be a good choice? or does it have enough of the Glucosamine in it? I also thought about Colostrum and of course MSM/Glucosamine Cream. -Paula McClellan
There are several things that could be factors. First there is a collagen structure that is like a webbing between the joints to keep them from having bone rubbing bone. This webbing holds in synovial fluid, which is 8x slipperier than ice. Also within this collagen webbing there are chondrocytes and proteoglykins. The chondrocytes produce chondroitin and help the collagen structure to remain tight to hold in the synovial fluid. A blood types seem to have a harder time manufacturing this that other types. The proteoglykins are bottle brush like structures that create flexibility within the webbing. These produce glucosamine and are very much impacted in the function by acid conditions. O blood types are more prone to issues with these. Friction, wear and tear and other physical factors can, after years become a factor in deterioration. But, mostly it is a prolonged acid condition and things that will leech enzymes out of the structure, like soda, coffee, etc. I find that Chondroitin works better with A's, Glucosamine with O's and I have had great results with the EverFlex for A's and B's. Don't forget about Bone/Skin Poultice for this. It is an herbal formula and works wonders on connective tissue as well as bones. -Kimberly Balas
Q: What causes cartilage deterioration (in the knees) and how can it be treated herbally? -Paula
- - - - - - - - - -
Repetitive injury is usually the cause. You can rebuild with Shark Cartilage, Skeletal Formula, and keep joints moist with the use of Glucosamine and Chondroitin Cream. -Suzanne
- - - - - - - - - -
I have a torn meniscus and losing weight if that is the problem will help. Also, rub MSM/ Glucosamine Cream at least twice daily with Deep Relief Essential Oil. I started using the EverFlex formula and it also helped. Perhaps some enzymes along with Skeletal Formula will work. Check your ph. -Beatriz R. Nieto
I have a friend who has really suffered in past years with what they call pseudo gout, which the doctors say are crystal formations around her knee and she can barely walk. The doctors tell her the only temporary relief is surgery again. I know we have something much better than they can offer her. Can you tell me what she needs to do? -Celeste
pseudo-gout is similar to gout but involves calcium crystals instead of uric acid crystals. Normally treatment for both conditions involves anti-inflammatory medication.

What I would do for myself I'd start lots of water 100oz a day is a must this equates to one cup an hour, lots of Hydrangea (break crystals up), Ayurvedic Joint Health, and Blue Vervain (to decrease inflammation reduce pain) Protease Plus, Parsley, MSM. Mild exercise and massage to get the fluid moving. You also want to support the kidney's, they need to be flush out properly. I'd use KB-C, and monitor pH balance for excessive acidity. -Dee
Q: What causes cartilage deterioration (in the knees) and how can it be treated herbally? -Paula
Repetitive injury is usually the cause. You can rebuild with Shark Cartilage, Skeletal Formula, and keep joints moist with the use of Glucosamine and Chondroitin. -Suzanne
I have a torn meniscus and losing weight if that is the problem will help. Also, rub MSM/Glucosamine Cream at least twice daily with Deep Relief Essential Oil. I started using the EverFlex formula and it also helped. Perhaps some enzymes along with Skeletal Formula will work. Check your ph.
Q: Hi Everyone - My 60 yr. old sister has several spurs on her knee joints which give her great pain at times and are causing difficulty with walking. The spurs were seen on X-rays taken by her doctor. He told her that she is looking at knee replacement surgery soon. What can she do to get rid of these spurs? I know Hydrangea works for heel spurs but what about the knees? And is there anything else besides Hydrangea? -Barbara Haley
Several years ago I MT'd for Grapine w/Protectors. After a month on it, my heel spur seemed to be gone! I was never diagnosed by a doctor but a friend of mine "into" sports medicine said I had a heel spur and it hurt like heck every time I stood up and throbbed while I sat. I may have continued another month or two, but it has never returned. -Judy
My mom was told she has on fluid (the kind your suppose to have) in her knee, its been quite a problem for her. Her doctor has tried a series of three shots, putting some kind of gel in her knee. It hasn't helped much, my mom exerciser and is very active but this is tearing here down. They want her to have a knee replacement, but she doesn't want to go through that, she is 87, and keeps thinking she'll probably die soon why bother. I would like to suggest something to her that would help, and would appreciate any suggestions, that is if you have had experience with this. Thank You, Jeannette
Has she tried EverFlex and Triple Relief? I would suggest she start with 4, 3 X daily of the EverFlex and 4 Triple Relief as needed. -Georgiana
Look also to Thai-Go and Noni. It's helped my mom. -Howard
I have had numerous success with LymphoMax. There are lymph nodes in that area that seem to back up easily. I would say that every time I have suggested LymphoMax it has worked, even my dad. Start maybe with 3 3/x a day. You might want to continue a couple bottles even after it clears up to make sure that the lymph system is good. -Virginia Dassler
Fixing to have both knees replaced, and have heard that you can take herbs to keep from getting staff infection, need some names of these and which ones are best. -Bob Nichols
I would suggest the following to help your body resist staphylococcus aureus infection.

Astragalus or Olive Leaf, along with Colloidal Silver (internal and external after your operation you can put on incisions). Wish you well in your operation. -Lourdes Martinez
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: