Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 1:34 pm    Post subject: Irritable Bowel Syndrome Reply with quote

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

I have a client who has IBS and would like to know what herbs to take to relieve this problem. In reading previous messages, it seems that Aloe Vera Juice, Psyllium Hulls, Slippery Elm and Flora Force might be good choices for her. I plan on getting her started on Food Enzymes and advising her to eat more fruits and veggies, more alkaline foods, and less animal and dairy and prepared foods. And drink LOTS of water. Is this an appropriate plan - or is there a better plan to resolve this issue? Thank you. -Carole Rishel
- - - - - - - - - -
A great program is: -Intestinal Soothe and Build (3 caps right before meals) -Slippery Elm (2 caps right before each meal), -Catnip (2 caps with meal, relaxes colon and eases cramping) -Bifidophilus (should take 3 in the morning and 3 right before bed, want on empty stomach).

Optional: Be cautious of Aloe Vera don't take high amounts, we are not trying to cleanse the bowel, just build it.

Yes, and diet changes are very important. If you can muscle test her, test her wheat, corn, eggs, oats and yeast. Obviously fried foods and high fat meats should be avoided along with diary products.

After calming her bowel (4 weeks?)...I highly suggest the Para-Cleanse with Paw Paw. After she does the cleanse, get her back on the same program for another 2-3 months.

On Food Enzymes, it has HCl, if she has enough or is excessive HCI, this can cause discomfort. Test to see which product her body likes best, Food Enzymes or Proactazyme (has no HCl). Best wishes. -Lourdes Martinez
- - - - - - - - - -
We have had really good results with Irritable Bowel Fiber. -Michele
- - - - - - - - - -
Q: Have a customer with severe IBS. She cramps so badly she has to sit by the toilet. She has lost so much weight, 86 lbs, she is afraid to eat. She says even peppermint upsets her. I sold her food enzymes which she tolerates well, and worked for a few days, but back to square one. Sold her chlorophyl, she says her skin is healing from the easy bruising faster, so she is getting some antioxidants and vitamins. I made up a essential oil for her to rub on belly of peppermint, chamomile, but she hasn't stopped by since. How do you get the intestines to stop cramping? -Leila North
- - - - - - - - - -
This is likely a parasitical situation. Pau D'Arco, HP Garlic and Cat's Claw Comb. would be a good start here - should help quickly. Mild diet of greens, low sugar fruits and easily digestible proteins are in order. NO alcohol, white flour or white sugar. -Mike
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
IBS (which I have had in the past) is caused from parasites/fungus/virus infestations and weak muscles in the colon

I would recommend Tiao He Cleanse -that is what has helped me - and change the diet - no dairy, wheat, sugar, etc. For the hemorrhoids I would recommend the White Oak Bark - but you should notice a difference after you do the Tiao He Cleanse. If your bowels get too loose, just cut back on the dosages. I would also recommend seeing a good chiropractor to get your valves checked (illeoceccal valve and valve of houston). -Kasara D'Elene
Depending on the individual-- Tiao He Cleanse may be too harsh for someone with IBS. The Intestinal Soothe and Build is a less irritating choice until the person can handle the cleanse. Diet changes are essential. -Angelica Pattison
I have also found a concurrent problem and that is nervous system stress, which can trigger the IBS problems. Doing Iridology, I see this correlation all the time. We add nervous system food like Nutri-Calm by the tons, AdaptaMax and or B-Complex. Then I have them open the Feelings book and look up whatever they need to, to see what is triggering this problem in the emotional body.
Then, often I refer them out to my close colleague who does hypnotherapy so they can reprogram the subconscious so as not to react to stress the same way. -Lisa A.
It can be of course -that is why we MT - the Intestinal Soothe and Build is great to calm down the spasms - but again we try to look at the initial cause for the problem which is a dirty colon, and bugs/organisms, and a damaged nervous system - the Tiao He is great at getting toxins out quickly - even if they only do 1 dose a day, and then do other products to calm and rebuild the colon walls at the same time. -Kasara D'Elene
The least expensive way for IBS people to start off is with Stress-J. It is less expensive because they only need to take the one product. They need the maximum recommenced dose to start with. They need to watch their diets.

Why Stress-J?
When Stress-J first came out eons ago, Jeanne Burges made a presentation on it. I have a tape of her talk. She put these herbs together because she had IBS and it worked. Stress-J helps a person face their problems instead of run away from them. Jeanne Burgess gave 40 IBS people her formula, and 40 non IBS people the same amount of capsules and asked them to report back to her. To her surprise all 80 wanted it! So she asked the non IBS people why--they said they wanted it for stress. Jeanne Burgess herself would take 6 capsules before going out to do a presentation (before Stress-J she would not do them--she never wanted to embarrass herself with her uncontrollable bowels) and then she would take another 6 after finishing. She no longer had to fear getting up before a group. That alone tells the worth of Stress-J for many IBS people. It works as a liquid also, so there need be no fear of swallowing capsules. So give it a try! -Marilyn Navarro
VERY important to go on Jack's Cleanse for what ails you. Very! The Psyllium is the only thing that will clean out the diverticuli and the Aloe Vera and Chlorophyll will take care of the inflamation existing. -Georgiana Duncan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
It is extremely important to get off coffee if you want to help IBS, dairy and wheat products are also very much involved. What has worked for me in the past is Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, Slippery Elm opened up and put in the Drink, Chinese Spleen Activator and LOCLO, in small amounts, lots of water and a stress formula. -Joanne Thaxter
I had serious IBS for about four years - actually was diagnosed with colitis. I started to worry about having cancer. You know the symptoms... I won't get graphic. I had them all.
Then I started using NSP bulk Psyllium Hulls at least once a day - about a tablespoon in a big glass of orange juice before bedtime, followed by a couple glasses of water. I would use them a couple times a day if I thought about it, but there wasn't any science to it. I also used Food Enzymes with most meals. After about two weeks, HONEST, my IBS was cured! I was symptom-free. After that I still used Psyllium Hulls three or four times a week, if I thought about it, but didn't need the enzymes. Six years later I am still fine as can be. I don't know if this will work for you, but the simplicity of my cure amazed me. I really didn't even change my diet much back then. I do try to eat whole grains as much as possible, and lots of fresh fruits and veggies, but I'm definitely no saint when it comes to eating healthy. Hope you're as lucky as I was. -Karen Edmonds
Intestinal/Soothe & Build is for bowel inflammation. Also consider CLT-X to eliminate spasms. Psyllium Seeds (not hulls) are also good lubricating bulk fiber. Also add Bifidophilus - Flora Force for friendly bacteria. -Candy Arnold
Do you have access to Steven Horne's Sunshine Sharing? If so, obtain Volume 8 No. 8. Title, Inflammatory Digestive Tract Disorders. This will give you options. I wouldn't do any heavy cleansing until healing has been done first. Coffee has to go (sorry) Slippery Elm (Intestinal/Soothe & Build, CLT-X), Aloe Vera, is a must. See if you can get the newsletter. -Angelica Pattison
I am a fairly new distributor. I became one because I wanted the Colloidal Minerals at wholesale. I don't know anything about muscle testing or much of anything else I've been reading about here. However, I grow weary of traditional Western medicine. At any rate this is my problem. I have been having classic symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS). The doctor that I have been going to has set up an appointment for a Barium Enema to rule out any thing major. Particularly due to the fact that my Dad has suffered from Colon Cancer. My question is that once the major things have been ruled out what would be a good regimen to get on. I am currently taking the Bowel Build (or was - It seemed to aggravate the condition) and Bifidophilus along with the Colloidal Minerals. I do drink a lot of coffee which I am trying to quit. I have been reading about Jack's Cleanse. I am not sure if this would just aggravate it more. Any suggestions? -Brenda Ackerman
I have had excellent results with the following program:
Stress-J - because if you don't relax the stomach and feed the nervous system, you will never eliminate (no pun intended) your problem.
Intestinal/Soothe & Build - to soothe and smooth the colon Whole Leaf Aloe Vera - to heal the colon lining and "put out the fire. Bifidophilus - to refluoridate the bowel.
Dietary changes - no dairy, no red meat, minimize fat intake, white flour, white sugar.

The amount of herbs you need to take will vary based on your weight and condition. The NSP label lists the appropriate amount for a 150 lb. person for maintenance. A good general rule to follow if you don't do muscle testing is to start with the label amount and add an additional dose for a week, see how you feel and modify accordingly. -Christine Takerian
I used to have IBS. I can tell you that it took me about 3 years to get rid of it and I still have to be careful of what I eat, but not as careful as I used to be.

The first thing is to find out about your food allergies. I believe this is 1 big cause of IBS. Go through your foods and when you eat something notice how long it takes for your body to purge it. If you have an immediate reaction to something eliminate it from your diet at once. If it settles ok go ahead and keep it in your diet. Note that sulfites and nitrites and MSG are big allergens as are milk and coffee. If you can be muscle tested this will help you. Have the kinesiologist go through your kitchen and determine which foods you can and cannot tolerate. This includes fresh fruits and vegetables as well as canned or processed foods.

You have to get off the coffee immediately. You are only harming yourself by drinking the stuff. 70% of your acidophilus is killed in your bowel with just 1 cup of coffee. You need to build up your acidophilus count to heal. How much do you drink? Lower your intake by 1/2 cup per day until you're off it. Build your adrenal glands at the same time with Master Gland, Vitamin B Complex and Pantothenic Acid. Rebuild your acidophilus count with Flora Force.

Next you have to change the way you deal with stress in your life. IBS is basically an irritated bowel that's so irritated it can't function properly. Over time it can heal and function properly. But stress is a big cause here. Use Nutri-Calm to help you keep calm. Stress Relief really helped relax my whole body when I was going through all this.

I would not do any cleansing at this time. This would only irritate your bowel more. You need to calm and rebuild your bowel. Avoid products containing large amounts of Cascara Sagrada such as LBS-II and Tiao He Cleanse. These will only increase the inflammation. Take it from someone who knows! Use All Cell Detox in small amounts if you really want to cleanse. Also Herbal Pumpkin is a safe one to use if you have parasites. But use CLT-X to calm down the bowel. Slippery Elm can be made into a tea and drunk all day if you want. The more you put in the cup the thicker the tea will become. It's sweet so it tastes pretty good. Also Aloe Vera Juice in small quantities will be beneficial to help soothe the inflammation and to cleanse the bowel. Use Food Enzymes to help you digest.
Seeing a chiropractor, getting massages, taking soothing warm baths are all beneficial. Working with the liver is a must so Milk Thistle would also be great.

It will take some time to get rid of this and you may always be sensitive to certain foods. You just have to begin to listen to your body rather than expecting your body to listen to you. It's something that many people have to learn and after they do they feel much better and heal much more quickly. Please let me know if you need further support with this issue. -Brenda Generali
No, not if you start as I have suggested. I would as Joanne Thaxter suggested put Slippery Elm in the program. Use the Aloe Vera and Liquid Chlorophyll as suggested. Start with 1/2 tsp of Psyllium shaken up well in your liquid. Do not increase until you are sure you are having a bowel movement. I would not use any bowel stimulant unless it is necessary to have a bowel movement. The more Liquid Chlorophyll you drink , the easier you will find it to have a bowel movement. (Chlorophyll Caps are acceptable). That small amount of Psyllium will only be soothing and healing to your colon. -Georgiana Duncan
Your suggestion Georgiana (some time back) to alter the cleanse for a lady who had been diagnosed with irritable bowel, although she was always constipated, worked nicely! She began with 6 oz Aloe Vera and 4 oz Chlorophyl in juice, 1/4 tsp Psyllium, along with LBS-II. She has now increased the Psyllium to l-1/2 tsp while decreasing the Chlorophyl and Aloe Vera. She's happy with the cleanse and hasn't had any cramping. Thanks for the suggestions. -Gail Pfaff
Here is the program from Recipes that we have found to work well:
Irritable Bowel Syndrome:
Psyllium Seeds OR Nature's Three
CLT-X or Intestinal/Soothe & Build
Acidophilus, Flora Force, or Bifidophilus (with elimination of caffeine which destroys acidophilus)
Bowel Build
Often caused by allergy to: citrus, wheat, corn, caffeine, tea, or dairy. Eliminate all these foods and then add them one at a time to test for allergies. -Kay Lubecke
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: