Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Insect Bites & Stings

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 1:51 pm    Post subject: Insect Bites & Stings Reply with quote

Insect Bites & Stings

Sitting on my couch last night my inner upper leg started to itch. I got up and put some Tea Tree Oil on it, something had bit me. It kept itching so put on more Tea Tree Oil, which just did not help so switched to Tei Fu Oil. That helped, but now there is a big red spot around it and getting bigger and the lower part of the red area looks as if has been bruised, but is redder than a regular bruise. I put on Charcoal externally. It was very soothing. Any ideas are welcome. -Jean Robison
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Could be a spider bite. You might try Bentonite Clay and water paste or better yet, Activated Charcoal made into a paste. I put this on my daughter's bee sting and placed a Band-Aid on it to "hold in" the Bentonite and that evening you couldn't even tell there was a sting there. -Ginger
Recipes for Success: BITES & STINGS:

Externally: Black Cohosh, Una de Gato, or crushed Grapine tabs (mix with water or oil to make a poultice & change every hour), Jojoba Oil, Morinda or Black Ointment

Internally: Black Cohosh or C-X + Calcium (See Calcium Card) + Combination Four given frequently (every 15 mins. the first hour, then every hour thereafter) to neutralize the poisons. BP-X* to clean the blood. MSM binds & neutralizes the foreign proteins Nervine (See Nerves) herbs to protect the nervous system. SUMA will prevent the spread of the poisons & encourage new skin growth. See Detoxification & lymphatics cards.

HOMEOPATHIC: Inflammation, & Distress Remedies
-Kay Lubecke
© Lubecke Enterprises, Inc. 1999 Sunshine Support Services
Goal would be to pull the poison out, and to detox blood, and to prevent infection. To pull out: Black Ointment, Charcoal packs (open capsule and put into a cream or olive oil), Castor oil packs. Bentonite if you don't have anything else on hand. If you can apply Colostrum to wound it will heal faster. To detox: BP-X is one of my favorites. Any bitter herb otherwise. Lavender or Tea Tree Oil are good general topicals for infection. -Elaine Nerland
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
For bites and stings, you could also use Bentonite, Distress Remedy topically, or Tea Tree Oil. -Leslie Lechner
You can also use the homeopathic, Bites & Stings, which is a real miracle worker. I won't be without it!!!!! -Frances Burt
I just thought of something, actual grocery store meat tenderizers have always been used on insect bites, so why wouldn't Nature's Fresh (Which is enzymes) be even better for insect bites? -Georgiana Duncan
According to my husband, Nature's Fresh is wonderful to put on mosquito bites, takes the itch right out. -Angelica Pattison
I have a doctor friend who gave me a medical explanation of how the enzymes would "de-activate" the insect venom. (I can''t think of a better word), and thereby eliminate the itching. They said it helped relieve jellyfish stings one of their boys got when they were on vacation! -Deana Persson
I and my neighbors around our lake house used Nature's Fresh last summer for mosquito bites. For the most part it worked quickly to relieve the itching and the bites did not flare up into whelps. Sold several bottles of it for this purpose. -Margaret Johnson
Internally, I've had good luck taking Garlic and Balanced B-Complex. To spray on externally, add several drops of Tea Tree Oil to water and put in a spray bottle. Obviously, avoid your eyes. Also a few drops of Tei Fu Oil in Irish Moss Hand & Body Lotion keeps the buggers away. I've also heard stories that Peppermint Oil on the skin is a great deterrent. -Peggy Day:
For your skin use Tei Fu Lotion. Works great. For a spray, either put Tei Fu Oil in a spray bottle of water, shaking regularly while you spray. Can also use Rue, Eucalyptus, and Citronella Oils - a little of each in a quart spray bottle of water. Shake while you use. A couple drops of Tei Fu Oils will stop and turn back a column of ants. -Georgiana Duncan
I have Pennyroyal planted in my vegetable garden. When I am going to spend time outdoors, I grab a handful and rub it on my skin. Works really well to stave off those outside critters. Pennyroyal should not be used by pregnant women, but I know of no other contraindications. -Margaret
Tea Tree spider repellent. Every time the weather warms a little, I have a severe problem with the spiders coming inside. Yuk, I hate spiders! I put about 4 drops of Tea Tree Oil in water in a spray bottle and spray the air/floor vents, around the pipes under the sinks, the door thresholds, the cable wire entry and I haven't seen a spider in over a month! -Candy Arnold
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Grasshopper Killer
I heard a new pesticide remedy for bugs on your plants yesterday. Put a clove of garlic and jalapeno peppers in your blender then mix with a gallon of water and spray on plants. The grass hoppers are taking us away here in Central Texas and they say one squirt and they go belly up. -Frances Burt)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Ten drops of Tea Tree Oil in water can be applied to areas of the body exposed for an insect repellent. Tei Fu Oil or lotion can also be used. -Dawn Pfaff
Herbal Trim is also an excellent insect repellant (also contains Tei Fu essential oils). It helped one of my customers ward off mosquitoes while camping. -Susan Agee
Insects love people who are low in B-Complex. B-complex is destroyed by "junk foods" (white flour and sugar products). Supplementing with B-Complex & eating natural foods works wonders. -Kay Lubecke
The best thing that my wife and I found to be an excellent mosquito repellant is Tea Tree Oil. We put about 5 drops per 16 oz distilled water in a spray bottle (or Nature's Spring). Spray all over the body and clothes, too. Careful about the eyes, nose, and mouth. The smell only lasts a few minutes, but it sure keeps those mosquitoes away. -Rich
I have used (very successfully) Tea Tree Oil. You can put a few drops in a small water sprayer and spritz lightly over the children, or rub a few drops onto the palms of your hands then lightly touch the children from the head down. I would be careful to avoid getting into the eyes When my kids were small, I also made sure they had enough B Vitamins especially B-6...it works at keeping the mosquitoes at bay.
I just got the Essential Oil recipe for insects - keeping them from biting and putting on after the biting to take out pain, itching, and scarring. This is for snakebites, flea bites, mosquito repellant and sting treatment, spider bites, bee stings etc. 5 drops Eucalyptus, 10 drops Sweet Thyme, 5 drops Lavender Essential Oil in one ounce massage oil or soluble, also take activated charcoal internally - 8 capsules 2 times a day with lots of water for adults. -Nancy
– - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Make sure your B-Vitamin level is high enough and use Tea Tree, Peppermint, Tei Fu or even Eucalyptus Oil as a repellent. -Marty Kliesh
I would like to add that Aloe Vera Gel makes a nice bug repellent and is safe to put on a baby's face. -Gail Pfaff
Chiggers

Q: Does anyone know of anything more effective than Tei Fu Oil for chigger bites. I'm getting only about 5 hours of relief from it, which makes sleeping incomplete. Thought someone might have experienced success against this and could advise me. -Stormie
- - - - - - - - - -
Take products internally as well as the external remedies for maximum relief. -G.
- - - - - - - - - -
Put Black Walnut Extract on the bites. This also helps to get rid of mites. -Beth
- - - - - - - - - -
When we had a problem with chiggars from a trip to Missouri, we rubbed the NSP Paw Paw Lice Shampoo all over our bodies. It helped tremendously. Our friends who did nothing but scratch, had problems for weeks. We took care of our problem in a few days. -Ardis Nehlich
- - - - - - - - - -
There is absolutely nothing better than the Herbal Skin treatment. Takes the itch out immediately and the chiggers do not last as long.

For an added bonus, take one drop of Tei Fu and about a nickels worth of Skin treatment. Rub together in your hands and then on your face. Be careful of eye areas. WOW.

Check out the Herbal Skin Treatment sheet. -Jennifer
- - - - - - - - - -
Nature's Fresh! Kills 'em on contact. Digests their little skins right off while it heals yours. My dad gets chiggers every year after mowing a certain tower site he owns. This year he decided to experiment and he sprayed Nature's Fresh on one leg that night at home and applied Paw-Paw Shampoo to the other (we had heard promising results regarding both). The Nature's Fresh leg didn't chigger-itch again, the Paw Paw leg began to itch about 8 hours later. So he applied Nature's Fresh to that one and voila, no more chiggers. Wonderful stuff. -Desiree
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: