Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Indole 3 Carbinol

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 1:56 pm    Post subject: Indole 3 Carbinol Reply with quote

Indole 3 Carbinol

I have a client who has been given authority by her oncologist to begin therapy with Indole 3 Carbinol as an alternative to Tamoxifen. Now the I3C has been discontinued...HELP!! -Patricia Adams
- - - - - - - - - -
I have a client who has been given authority by her oncologist to begin therapy with Indole 3 Carbinol as an alternative to Tamoxifen. Now the I3C has been discontinued...HELP!! -Patricia Adams
- - - - - - - - - -
Well first of all the most well-publicized aspect of tamoxifen's mode of action against breast cancer is that it blocks estrogen. What's not usually appreciated is that tamoxifen has other modes of action. The other actions are just as important, or in some cases more important, than the estrogen-blocking effect. And they are not unique to tamoxifen.

Tamoxifen also works in estrogen receptor-negative breast cancers and progesterone receptor-positive breast cancers. This is because tamoxifen not only blocks the estrogen "grow" signal, it blocks another type of "grow" signal known as protein kinase C (PKC). PKC is another one of those contact points inside the door jamb, and blocking this signal stops oncogenes (cancer genes) from activating. PKC also controls cell growth and transformation signals.

If It were me I'd do one of two things. First of all there are many companies that sell I3C, so your not at total lost if you want to help your client with this product. The problem is you will have to research the company for quality control, because it is not our trusted NSP.

Second you could look for other NSP products that have the same use at blocking harmful estrogen like Phyto Soy, and Breast Assure.

Phyto Soy-Soy contains phytoestrogens—plant hormones weaker than human estrogens that may help reduce the risk of certain cancers and help balance hormone levels. Phytoestrogens block harmful estrogens from being absorbed by the body. One group of phytoestrogens—isoflavonoids—is found in great concentration in soybeans and soy products. Isoflavonoids appear to lower estrogen production in younger women. I am sensitive to soy, but I do not have a problem with this Phyto soy product.

Breast assure is great it has the calcium deglucarnate. A study was done on calcium deglucarnate at Memorial Sloan-Kettering Center in New York, which showed that it may exert it's anti-cancer action, in part, through changing the hormonal environment in the body by facilitating the elimination of chemical carcinogenic substances and excess hormones such as estrogen. -Dee
- - - - - - - - - -
Paw-Paw!!!!!!!!! Actually the paw-paw program including Immune Stimulator, Protease and Noni would be better.
Also do a FAQ search on T-3 vertebrae. -Desiree
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: