Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Impetigo

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 1:57 pm    Post subject: Impetigo Reply with quote

Impetigo

I have 3 year old girl with a blister on her face that her doctor believes is impetigo. As I
understand impetigo can be caused by staph or strep. The sore began as a small bump
and when scratched opened up and grew and turned red. This sore is responding to
the antibiotic cream prescribed by her doctor. The doctor believes it is staph but after
reading the descriptions of strep vs. staph, the mom believes it is strep.

At the same time the girl had a blister on her finger which was surrounded by
redness and was hot and tender. She also had several spots of redness at several of her
other cuticles. The doctor believed this was fungal and unrelated to the blister on her
face. They gave her a different cream, I believe an antifungal, which only made it
worse.

Back to the doctor and they tell her that now the finger site is infected. The
blister is open and has some yellow coloring at the site, though no pus. The doctor has
prescribed oral antibiotics. I explained that this is the worse thing she could do if it is
fungal.

She is already using the Bifidophilus. I was wondering about Black Walnut or
Tea Tree topically. I am not sure if Black Walnut or Oregon Grape can be used with
kids this age. The mom is afraid of Colloidal Silver. I am new to this and have no other
ideas. I would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance. -Lisa Burdett
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
We use Pau d' Arco Lotion and extract internally. Works great. Make sure the sugar is
removed from the diet. -Angelica Pattison
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The famous herbalist Dr. Christopher healed a bad case of impetigo with an extract
made from Black Walnut. I think he soaked cloth with it and kept it on the affected
area. -Karen Edmonds. (Editors Note: This would also be taken internally as that is
where it starts.)
I have used Tea Tree with great success. You might also want to wash it with a sudsy
lather made up of the Paw Paw Shampoo - Clell Fowles taught us that trick. Also very
effective for any fungal or other questionable skin rashes or lesions. -Sharon Grimes
Lavender Oil applied directly works great, too. Echinacea/Goldenseal can be used
internally. -Miss Sunshine
I have a 2 year old who has had the impetigo spots and an eye infection. She had a bad
cut from a fall on her chin. Then she started getting the spots around the cut and they
quickly spread. Now she has an eye infection.

I used Guardian and Colloidal Silver. This worked for the cut, but the eyes
weren't getting better. I did put Colloidal Silver in her eyes. This helped, but I couldn't
keep her from rubbing it out before it got a chance to get in.

Next I used Black Ointment around on all the spots and in the corner right next
to her eye and around the eyelid. She couldn't quite rub it out all the way. I did it as
many times a day as I could + while she was sleeping. And I put essential oils (Thyme,
Lavender, Tea Tree) in a spray bottle with half Herbal Trim and half Colloidal Silver.
That really cleared the redness out of the spots and stopped the itching. We are still
working on the eyes, EW eyewash.

She has also been taking Garlic Oil caps, ALJ liquid, Oregon Grape, VS-C,
Black Walnut and Candida Homeopathic. This has really been a stubborn infection! -
Sarah
My Almost 2 year old nephew has impetigo on his face. It is next to his nose and spreading closer to his eyes. He went to the doctor yesterday where he was diagnosed and given antibiotics. He had a reaction to the antibiotics and is getting a new one today. What can I give him or even put on topically to help him out? He is not quite 2 so trying to get him to not touch it is a problem. -John
According to the Treasure Chest it says for external application: Golden Seal Salve, Black Walnut Extract, Healing AC Cream, Tea Tree Oil. Avoid eating dairy, wheat or meats until resolved. It is highly contagious. Also build the immune system and do NOT cover with bandages. -Diane Toombs
A 5 month old started with this condition 2 months ago. It spread from the scalp and
spread over the body. This breast fed baby scratches until raw and bleeding. Mother
had tried Pau d' Arco Tea and Colloidal Silver with no improvement. Tried UV 3 - 4
x's daily earlier and twice daily now combined. Using Tea Tree Oil in bath water. The
UV gave only slight improvement. Using Enrich enzymes and Echinacea/Golden Seal
internally. Swollen glands at base of skull on both sides? What would you try if this
was your infant? We are greatly indebted to all who responded to previous questions!!!
-Marvin Gehman
Garlic Oil...open the gel cap and apply topically. -JS
Suggest Nature's Fresh externally many times a day.
Also I would suggest you treat it like a staph infection. They are so hard to clear up.
Oregon Grape lots internally. Suggest 10 drops 6X daily. The Golden Seal/Echinacea try 10 drops hourly. Being very careful with what ever touches it. Only one of my 5
children ever got this. On her nose and it spread down onto her face. But that was so
very long ago, well before I ever heard of using herbs. -Valerie Steiner
Sores in the nose are often caused by Impetigo, an extremely contagious infection that
you usually pick up from children. My daughter tells me that she & her girls often get
it in the springtime. Here is the information on Impetigo from Recipes for Success
"where you have the answers at your fingertips"
Impetigo: Highly contagious bacterial infection of the superficial layer of the skin.
Rupture the blisters and wash away the crust with Sunshine Concentrate. Apply Tea
Tree Oil as an antiseptic. Then apply Echinacea/Golden Seal Extract or Golden Salve as
an antibiotic.
Do not cover sores with bandages! Take BP-X, Enviro-Detox or Uņa de Gato internally.
-Kay Lubecke
MT the mom for VS-C if you can. -Lawrence Nicholas
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: