Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hyperthyroid

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 5:03 pm    Post subject: Hyperthyroid Reply with quote

Hyperthyroid

My mother (now 85yrs.old and in a nursing home), has taken TS2 for about 6 years. Her doctor at that time said that she needed thyroid medication, (I can't remember but I believe that he said the T3 or T4 was low). I gave her the supplement instead of medication, and when he tested her 4 months later, he said that it was fine, and keep taking the medication.( I finally told him what I did.)

Today the nursing home told me that my mother was hyperthyroid and her number was double of what it should be. The new doctor ordered 50 mcg of Synthroid for her. I thought that Synthroid was for hypo not hyperthyroid. My question (I have to call the doctor tomorrow) can the TS2 (2 per day) cause her to have this condition. She is on very little medication (blood pressure pill), and taking several herbs, which I am sure has kept her as healthy as she is. Thanks for you help. -Kathy
- - - - - - - - - -
Yes Synthroid is for hypothyroid condition hypothyroid and hyperthyroid conditions can swing the other way. -Richard Ask
- - - - - - - - - -
I think the nurse may have confused you with the comment that the test result was double what it should be. She was probably referring to the TSH result which a high number for that means the thyroid is underactive. The TSH stands for thyroid stimulating hormone. When the body realizes there is not enough thyroid hormone circulating it produces more TSH to tell the thyroid to work harder. -L. Murray
- - - - - - - - - -
I'm not sure of this but excess can also be a problem just as deficiency has it set of related problem. Some one else may have a more direct answer. But my recommendation is Dandelion, Pau de Arco and Master Gland. This will strengthen the liver ,blood and Glandular system. Also the blood pressure could be thyroid related. This is not what you ask for but just wanted to share this. -S. Mitchell
- - - - - - - - - -
Kathy: My husband was diagnosed with hyperthyroid by our herbalist (after he almost died because the doctors would not perform a simple blood test to check his thyroid). She told him to take TS-II among other herbs and vitamins and within 2.5 years, his thyroid was fine. It's been about 5 years and he has not have to be on anything but his regular herbs and vitamins. - Nancy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: