Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hiatal Hernia

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Hiatal Hernia Reply with quote

HIATAL HERNIA

I use Lobelia Essence 1 squirt in a glass of water and sipped (2 times daily) and externally rubbed on the area also. This has helped me and as a special bonus has helped support my adrenals, helped with lymphatic drainage and has opened my lungs up allowing me to breathe better. Remember that too much can make you feel nauseous. Doing this has helped me even without doing the manual manipulation. I found that when I stopped doing it for about a week, the pain started to come back, so I have resumed my schedule. Hope this helps you. R. L. King
- - - - - - - - - -
I know someone who did not know they had a hernia- just had stomach problems. Milk Thistle combo helped for him. He later found out his problem was the hernia. -Beth
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Use bone skin poultice as a poultice or add to golden salve and use as poultice. Take lots internally also. -Robin Helstrom
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
I have found the Gastro Health, Stomach Comfort works very well. Add to this Food Enzymes. It takes a few weeks but Food Enzymes helps stop the fermentation that happens when the foods sit in the stomach. The Gastro Heath is designed for H-Pylori bacteria but also works very well with the Hiatal hernia. Try drinking you water slowly after eating your meals and if learn to massage after eating. Start at the sternum and slowly massage down to the navel. Do this about 5 times and see if this helps. -Suzanne
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Get off the milk unless it's goats milk! Cow's milk is acidic to the human body and is hard to digest. Suzanne is right, get on some enzymes, either Food Enzymes or PDA so you have the proper HCl for your system. You may also want to squeeze fresh lemon into your water, it's also got a lot of potassium and helps alkalize the body. -Mike, N.D.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hiatal Hernia: Stomach is bulging up into the diaphragm, sending stomach acid into esophagus, creating a burning feeling after eating. AG-X or Chinese Anti-Gas and PDA to prevent the formation of gas. Intestinal/Soothe & Build to soothe digestive tract and improve digestion
Recipes for Success Card Reference File
http://www.sunshinesupport.com/recipes.shtml
-Kay Lubecke
A hiatal hernia wouldn't happen without bad digestion, without adequate HCL in the stomach the food ferments rather than digests causing gases and bad acid to form. This pushes at the hiatal valve, eventually causing the hernia. So you want PDA with protein meals and Proactazyme for enzymes with your meals. There are other specific enzymes available also: Hi Lipase for fats, Leguzyme for Legumes and cruciferous veggies. THEN I also would suggest you do a bowel cleanse. The two most important things anyone can do - 1) Digest, 2) Eliminate - properly! This will prevent many prostate problems in men and female problems also. -Georgiana Duncan
I have had a lot of experience with hiatal hernias and it can affect almost everything in a person''s body especially digestion which is sorely needed for healing anything in the body. Lately I put a woman on Whole Leaf Aloe Vera and open up the Slippery Elm capsules and put them in there, change their diet from wheat products, go liquid as much as you can in minerals, digestive enzymes, and get someone to pull her stomach down.

In my own experience and with dealing with others over the years, I feel like Georgiana in that Jack''s method might be of some help. I was taught this method about 12 years ago and have since done many of my clients. It is easy to do as long as you are careful. Look for the V of the ribs where they join at the solar plexus, and go down 1 inch to stay away from the sternum, and take 3 fingers and as they breath in with a big breath, then gently at first pull down, as they breath out, and do it a few times. I usually feel for a lump and sometimes have to pull down from the liver or pancreas side, sometimes straight down, and you can do a little heavier as each day goes along and it is instant relief with some. Jack also does a manipulation of the ileo cecal valve, I don''t usually, but it is good.

Then I tell them not to bend over, but squat to pick up things. The major thing that seems to be a problem is WHEAT. I had to go off all breads for 4 months and most people feel that BREADS will just stay in that area and it is agony, now I can eat them sparingly. Caffeine, and alcohol and mint as well is a problem, I don''t know if she has any of these. The liver is usually congested and should cleanse, but if you can''t, try the above. It is true about HCL, Protein Digestive Aide being good. Also I take 2 capsules of Slippery Elm and put it into the Whole Leaf Aloe Vera, and take it 3 times a day. Safflower cuts acids in the stomach. Maybe just one liver herb, such as Chinese Liver Balance or Liver Cleanse Formula, if she will not cleanse. The Chinese Spleen Activator has been very helpful to some as well. This has been a wonderful program for my clients over the years. But I can not overemphasize the BREADS! -Joanne Thaxter
For your hiatal hernia Slippery Elm (bulk) is fabulous. -Peggy Day
For hiatal hernia Chinese Spleen Activator (Chinese Weak Stomach) to strengthen the digestive system and Anti-Gas Formula or Chinese Anti-Gas. Intestinal/Soothe & Build is also good to reduce inflammation. Lobelia to reduce spasms. -Candy
Personally, I got relief using Whole leaf Aloe Vera Juice, 3-4 times a day. I also used PDA and learned to massage down the hernia. (Just below the center of the ribs apply firm, yet gentle pressure downward.) I had relief within a week but continued the Aloe Vera for 2 bottles. I now just keep the regular juice on hand just in case. I still take PDA and also keep Papaya mints next to my bed "just in case". -Theresa
Pull the stomach down and use Slippery Elm--food for the digestive system. -Angelica Pattison
I had problems with hiatal hernia - had to sleep at 45 degree angle or would reflux acid into my throat and almost choke to death while sleeping. I fixed it by cutting out all soft drinks, taking lots of Food Enzymes, until I started getting a feed back from the enzymes (warmth in stomach) then I switched to Proactazyme. Haven't had any problems in over 2 years. -Martha Trahan
I had one till Dr Jack set mine (he has a video on how to do it) anyway I used Psyllium with Aloe Vera before that and had no problems. -Richard Ask
I have a hiatal hernia and have been taking Psyllium Hulls for years and years, sometimes, most of the time I take it before bed. If I take too much I feel extremely full and a little pressure but that's all. I usually take a heaping tablespoon full. What upsets a hiatal hernia is over eating and a lot of break products, I have a granddaughter who also has one, since a very little tot she used to get it adjusted often, but they moved to far away from their natural doctor and haven't gotten another one. One can live with a hiatal hernia, keep your weight down, don't lift heavy objects, I do this a lot out of necessity but pay for it the next day, with a weak kind of sick feeling and also a down feeling. Don't eat heavy meals, small lighter ones, their better for your whole self.

I might add the weather really effects my hernia, if its real gloomy, most of the time it makes my hernia feel uncomfortable, at that time I usually can't wear anything tight around my waist, oh I can I just don't as its too uncomfortable. -Jeannette Romanofsky
First of all don't overeat and don't eat for at least three hours before going to bed. Avoid caffeine. Take Food Enzymes with meals to help digest food and take four Catnip after meals to relax the hernia. Also, Aloe Vera Juice is soothing and should be taken approximately 1/2 hour before meals. If still experiencing heartburn try taking MSM, Stomach Comfort between meals, and Anti-Gas Formula if gas involved. See a practitioner to put the hernia down - this is something you can learn to do yourself - there are videos out there. If there is stress involved add some Nutri-Calm, Stress-J, or Kava Kava. -Lisa Piephoff
Just like acid reflux is an acid/alkalinity problem. Eat more vegetables and fruit. 75% of the diet should be from those food groups. Also DO NOT eat protein and starch together. It is the hardest combination to digest. Papaya Mint and Distress Remedy will stop an attack but the changes in diet will allow the body to balance and correct the problem. This is tried and true. -Marty Kliesh
The very best product, in my opinion for this challenge, is Intestinal/Soothe & Build.....I just posted a testimonial on the email segment of this forum....helped me within a few days.....took it for 3 months and no more attacks......it was one of the products that sold me on NSP. -Barb B.
If you are using the correct technique for placement of the hiatal hernia, you will also need to close the ileocecial valve using another technique. As far as supplements, a food enzyme product would be good. NSP Food Enzymes or Proactazyme work well. Also, make sure the bowels are moving regularly (2-3 times a day) and this will help you problem alot. -Soni Copeland
I had a lady with a 7 mo old baby come in. The baby cried constantly. The doctor said he had a hiatal hernia and must have surgery. They did not want to put the baby through that but were desperate. The first day I suggested that they try to relax the baby by rubbing Comb Val on the stomach and abdomen. The baby did relax some and they were so impressed with the herb affect, cp to the doctor and medicine affect that they wanted to try anything I suggested.
===============
Editorial Note: Also look under Acid Reflux & Hiatal Hernia
===============
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: