Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Hearing Loss

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 6:48 pm    Post subject: Hearing Loss Reply with quote

Hearing Loss

My 82 year old father is in unbelievable shape for his age. However, he suffers from hearing loss due to his participation in the Air Force during WWII. I learned the following from a Young Living Essential Oils ad campaign that they have for Helichrysum:

They reference "one of the top Neurologists in the country" - He reported that 3 people had experience total restoration of hearing by using Helichrysum Essential Oil. This oil can restore hearing not only in people who have a loss of hearing, but people who were born deaf. Because oils are electrically charged, they stimulate firing in the axon. They increase the neurotransmitter that converts in the axon to electrons, and it fires across the synaptic gap. Helichrysum oil increases the firing of synopsis, jumps across the gap and connects to the nerves that do not connect. Once it starts firing in this way, it will start growing together until it hard wires. This oil has the ability to stimulate the regeneration of damaged nerve tissues.

NSP Helichrysum is derived from the same source as YLEO so I wanted try it out on him. Does anyone have any success stories/experience in this area? And how should I recommend he use it? Your input is greatly appreciated! -Eli Rice
- - - - - - - - - -
One thing that is very important is never pour any oil in anyone's ear except a little warm sweet olive if they have an earache.

I have heard to put the Helichrysum on the finger and rub on and, ever so slightly, in the ear. Not deep inside. The oil will slowly work it's way inside. -Mary
- - - - - - - - - -
I learned this at a workshop I attended for EO's. Here is an "adjustment" that is done along with the Helichrysum:

NEVER drop any oils into the ear. Oils are very concentrated, so 1-3 drops of Helichrysum oil are all you need in a small area.

Make sure your fingernails are short. Place 1 drop Helichrysum on each index finger.

Standing behind the person, have the person firmly hold their head against your chest. Gently insert index fingers into ears until they plug.

Rotate palms up to 12:00 position. Lift fingers alternately (in a gentle rocking motion) 10 times in each ear to a count of 20.

Rotate palms back to 3:00 position. Lift alternately 5 times in each ear to a count of 10.

Rotate palms down to 6:00 position. Lift alternately 5 times in each ear to a count of 10.

Rotate palms forward to 9:00 position. Lift alternately 5 times in each ear to a count of 10.

End with a quick thrust up.

Grasp the earlobes, pull down gently and release. -Nancy Yoakum
- - - - - - - - - -
I have a client who, a few months ago, lost 80% of his hearing in about 4 hours. The loss is mostly in one ear. He has been under tremendous stress the last 4 years as well. The loss occurred when he was driving over some mountains but swallowing and yawning didn't fix it. He has a ringing in the ear and sounds like the ocean occasionally. His ear is perforated and they have put a tube in one ear. He has been to several doctors. They have tried decongestants and antibiotics. I put him on a fast and then pH-balanced him plus put him on herbs for stress. He is feeling alot better but the hearing loss has remained. The doctors have said it's probably fluid in the eustachian tube. Doctors said they can't do anything for it but i did read there is a surgical procedure to remove the fluid. I also read in the Merck manual that the pressure problem form the eustachian tube being blocked could cause bruising of the ear drum. I am thinking about what herbs will dry up the fluid in the ear and how to apply them plus more stress management and healing of a bruised ear drum. Any input is appreciated. Thanks. -Sherrie Persaud
- - - - - - - - - -
First, I would look at what is going on emotionally in his life that he might not want to "hear". Using the book, "Feelings Buried Alive Never Die" would help here.

I would also use the essential oil Helichrysum- apply to your finger; rub right inside the ear, about as far as your index finger will reach... NEVER drop oils INTO the ear. You can also put a couple of drops on a cotton ball and put that in the ear opening.

You can put the oil on the ear reflexology points of the feet, too. That is at the base of the toes where they connect with the foot.

Joan Vandergriff spoke about a lymphatic massage method she has on video...I don't have it but I would try massaging from the top front of the ear down into the TM joint...your hinge...in that area to help drain the fluid.

FYI- on young children with ear infections, Joan V. said the sinus drainage tube points slightly up until they reach a certain age...massage it up to drain little ones. -Nancy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: