Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Health Insurance

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Health Insurance Reply with quote

Health Insurance

I'm very disappointed that NSP has discontinued their insurance for managers that are below the area manager level. I'm thinking of going for the COBRA but it's very expensive for just me. Does anyone have any recommendations?

UniCare and Blue Cross Blue Shied are fairly inexpensive. Call a few companies who handle several companies were you live.

You know, you could always just go for the major medical plans. This is what I do, since I almost never see doctors. I have it just incase I break something or get a serious illness. Its only 85.00 a month for all five of us and its got a 1000.00 deductible with pay out of 70% of my bill up to my copay of 3500.00 then its covered 100%. Now im not saying this is great, but you figure I've had this for three years and never had to use it. If I did have to use it my max pay out is 3500, if I were paying like your standard 100.00 a month for three years for a upgraded plan, I would have paid 3500 anyway. So this way I don't pay unless I actually need it. Wish in my entire life I've never had to go to the hospital not even for births.-Shay Johnson H.H.P

I had the same disappointing problem. I searched the Net and found loads of information. Much of the private insurance has changed this year.

In some states, you can apply for a "Group of One" ( 1 person companies, sole proprietorships, etc. ) company insurance. This was approved in Washington State and I now pay a little less than NSP with the best company in the Northwest and fabulous coverage.

I suggest you search "health insurance" for your state or call your state insurance commissioner.
-J. Candy Arnold,
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
NSP does have a company that offers insurance to managers and distributors. My son has recently signed up with them and found the rates to be very good. For information call 800-666-6339 or visit www.distributorbenefits.com for an application. -Kay Lubecke
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: