Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Headache - Migraine

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 6:51 pm    Post subject: Headache - Migraine Reply with quote

Headache - Migraine

Can someone please tell me if they tried Migraguel, how it works, and anything else that may help migraines? Once again yesterday I had to leave work because of my migraines! I can't take any aspirin, Tylenol, or any over the counter with out being nauseous and vomiting. I always thought it was too much sweets is when I got them, but maybe not! Thank You. -Amy
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Have you ever thought about MSG as the culprit? My son always got really bad headaches after he ate lunch at school, these would put him to bed for 3 days. We finally figured out that it was the MSG that is in the food! Enviro-Detox ... 4 to 8 a day got rid of this for him. -Gwen
Amy, I have had migraines since I was about 10 years old. It wasn't until I was in my late 30's that I found out I could control them with diet. The big no-no's are aged cheeses, chocolate, caffeine, MSG, nitrites, and alcohol. I noticed an increase in the severity of my headaches sometime during my last pregnancy and this continued long after since my doctor put me on the pill right away. Ten years later, when I decided to get off the pill, guess what also went away? I still get occasional headaches, but I don't have to be nearly as careful with my diet. For a list of foods-to-avoid, you could contact the Diamond Headache Clinic which I'm sure has a website. -Terry
These hormonal migraines are from inflammation of the nerves in the head. Fluid builds up from the inflammation and causes pain. Use IF-C for the inflammation just as soon as you feel the migraine coming on. This works for the symptom and helps you ward of the migraine and the pain while you work to balance hormones and detoxify your liver. -Chottsie
According to the "Ultimate Healing System" by Donal Lepore, depending on where you got the headache/migraine it indicates a deficiency in a certain mineral. The body is off balance.

Pain on left side behind the eye may indicate shortage of Zinc. In the same area on the opposite side is indication of low Iron.

Pain on the back of the head could be shortage of Choline (one of the B-vitamins)

Pain behind right ear could be potassium.
Pain behind left ear could indicate sodium.

Of course it can also be an allergic reaction to something eaten (wheat, rice, milk, fat, citrus...) The book I spoke of explains all this in detail and I have found out with my clients that it is right on 80% of the time. Best wishes. -Lourdes Martinez
I have heard people with migraines get almost immediate relief after using one of the bowel cleanses, Clean Start, Tiao He cleanse or Nature's Cleanse. I have read that many headaches are caused by slow digestion due to the toxic gases that build up in the digestive system. Also, I have found feverfew to work wonderful on headaches. A disc may also cause severe migraines, you may want to investigate this possibility. Hope this helps, -Mary Pearsall
Q: A friend of mine has had migraines for the past 10 years. They have increased in severity over the years. The doctors have had her on every drug known to try to alleviate the pain, but still she suffers. At this time the doctors are taking her off all the drugs. Along with the withdrawal symptoms, the migraines are increasingly present.

I have always felt that she had a deficiency in her liver and that she should take a cleanse, and also to take daily, possibly the Nutri Calm, HVP and Feverfew.

Any comments about this from anyone? Any ideas? Please help. She is finally looking towards the possibilities that I've been talking to her about, and I want to make sure I give her what will help her best. Thanks. -Karen Doolan
Years ago I received a product information sheet about Feverfew. It takes a lot of feverfew over a period of time to prevent migraine. So she should use the concentrated form and gradually build up until she is getting enough. With the non-concentrated form the article speaks of people taking 12 to 18 capsules every morning! So it would be wise to use the High Parthenolide Feverfew. She should only take it once a day, in the morning, according to that old handout. Remember that it may take a few weeks before she gets results so increasing the dose is a slow thing. -Marilyn Navarro
I used to have several migraines per week. Now I only get one every month or two. I was taking lot of drugs including Imitex injections for the worst ones. I have not had to have one of those in years.

I believe migraines are directly related to a congested liver and dehydration, no matter what the person's migraine triggers are. Anything from hormone levels, barometric pressure, smells, and many food and food additives.

Feverfew works for some as a preventive and not at all for other.
Basics;
Eliminate caffeine, refined sugar, alcohol, food additives(especially MSG), smoked cheeses

Drink 1/2 body weight in water everyday
LIV-C for at least 6 months
Liquid Chlorophyll
clean out colon (Tiao He Cleanse every three months) for 2-3 years.

See a local herbalist to test for herbs to build liver for him individually.
It's not easy, but if he wants to heal and he has hope this will help, it will. Blessings. -Laura Russell

Headache - Migraine

Migraine: Avoid foods which stimulate blood vessel activity.

Phenylethylamine is a vasoactive component found in chocolate;tyramine in cured meats and aged cheese--releases chemicals that increase b/p and cause migraines. MSG, oc course, nitrites hotdo, pork; smoked fish); many red wines, citrus fruits contain nitrogen.

Vegies promte release of insulin, decreasing blood levels of amino acids that compete with trytophan across the brain -blood barrier. this increases serotonin levels in brain and can prevent migraines.

Some meds (for b/p, chest pain, arthritis, HRT, antibiotics)--linked to migraines; Shifting hormone levels can constrict and dilate blood vessels and create pain-causing prostaglandins-- generating the "classic" migraine.

Herbal suggestions that work for many: ginger inhibits inflammation-causing prostaglandins as well as cogulation of blood platelets --prompting serotoing, which constricts blood vessels (during early stage of migraine). Some people need up to 2 grams-- hers less.

"Hot" migraines (flushed/feverish) respond well to feverfew it is a "cooling" herb. It also releases serotonin can conteracts prostaglandins--take daily to prevent headache. Avoid feverfew if pregnant or allergic to ragweed family of plants; or if taking anticoaglants.

Ginkgo: stabilizes arteries improves circulation good for vascular headaches 120 mg (divided between 2-3 doses --or TR)

Dong Quai: analgesic ;smooth muscle relaxant; helps balance hormone levels, too. Don't use if you have trouble with blood clotting.

And, lastly --but not leastly! Capsicum: helpful in "cold" migraines (child/shivers); also good for cluster headaches. And of course,
capsaicin jell --rubbed into temples, and back of neck... -Sammye Lamb
Migraines

Can someone please tell me if they tried Migraguel, how it works, and anything else that may help migraines? Once again yesterday I had to leave work because of my migraines! I can't take any aspirin, Tylenol, or any over the counter with out being nauseous and vomiting. I always thought it was too much sweets is when I got them, but maybe not! Thank You. -Amy
Have you ever thought about MSG as the culprit? My son always got really bad headaches after he ate lunch at school, these would put him to bed for 3 days. We finally figured out that it was the MSG that is in the food! Enviro-Detox ... 4 to 8 a day got rid of this for him. -Gwen
Amy, I have had migraines since I was about 10 years old. It wasn't until I was in my late 30's that I found out I could control them with diet. The big no-no's are aged cheeses, chocolate, caffeine, MSG, nitrites, and alcohol. I noticed an increase in the severity of my headaches sometime during my last pregnancy and this continued long after since my doctor put me on the pill right away. Ten years later, when I decided to get off the pill, guess what also went away? I still get occasional headaches, but I don't have to be nearly as careful with my diet. For a list of foods-to-avoid, you could contact the Diamond Headache Clinic which I'm sure has a website. -Terry
These hormonal migraines are from inflammation of the nerves in the head. Fluid builds up from the inflammation and causes pain. Use IF-C for the inflammation just as soon as you feel the migraine coming on. This works for the symptom and helps you ward of the migraine and the pain while you work to balance hormones and detoxify your liver. -Chottsie
According to the "Ultimate Healing System" by Donal Lepore, depending on where you got the headache/migraine it indicates a deficiency in a certain mineral. The body is off balance.

Pain on left side behind the eye may indicate shortage of Zinc. In the same area on the opposite side is indication of low Iron.

Pain on the back of the head could be shortage of Choline (one of the B-vitamins)

Pain behind right ear could be potassium.
Pain behind left ear could indicate sodium.

Of course it can also be an allergic reaction to something eaten (wheat, rice, milk, fat, citrus...) The book I spoke of explains all this in detail and I have found out with my clients that it is right on 80% of the time. Best wishes. -Lourdes Martinez
I have heard people with migraines get almost immediate relief after using one of the bowel cleanses, Clean Start, Tiao He cleanse or Nature's Cleanse. I have read that many headaches are caused by slow digestion due to the toxic gases that build up in the digestive system. Also, I have found feverfew to work wonderful on headaches. A disc may also cause severe migraines, you may want to investigate this possibility. Hope this helps, -Mary Pearsall
Q: A friend of mine has had migraines for the past 10 years. They have increased in severity over the years. The doctors have had her on every drug known to try to alleviate the pain, but still she suffers. At this time the doctors are taking her off all the drugs. Along with the withdrawal symptoms, the migraines are increasingly present.

I have always felt that she had a deficiency in her liver and that she should take a cleanse, and also to take daily, possibly the Nutri Calm, HVP and Feverfew.

Any comments about this from anyone? Any ideas? Please help. She is finally looking towards the possibilities that I've been talking to her about, and I want to make sure I give her what will help her best. Thanks. -Karen Doolan
Years ago I received a product information sheet about Feverfew. It takes a lot of feverfew over a period of time to prevent migraine. So she should use the concentrated form and gradually build up until she is getting enough. With the non-concentrated form the article speaks of people taking 12 to 18 capsules every morning! So it would be wise to use the High Parthenolide Feverfew. She should only take it once a day, in the morning, according to that old handout. Remember that it may take a few weeks before she gets results so increasing the dose is a slow thing. -Marilyn Navarro
I used to have several migraines per week. Now I only get one every month or two. I was taking lot of drugs including Imitex injections for the worst ones. I have not had to have one of those in years.

I believe migraines are directly related to a congested liver and dehydration, no matter what the person's migraine triggers are. Anything from hormone levels, barometric pressure, smells, and many food and food additives.

Feverfew works for some as a preventive and not at all for other.
Basics;
Eliminate caffeine, refined sugar, alcohol, food additives(especially MSG), smoked cheeses

Drink 1/2 body weight in water everyday
LIV-C for at least 6 months
Liquid Chlorophyll
clean out colon (Tiao He Cleanse every three months) for 2-3 years.

See a local herbalist to test for herbs to build liver for him individually.
It's not easy, but if he wants to heal and he has hope this will help, it will. Blessings. -Laura Russell
Headache - Migraine

Migraine: Avoid foods which stimulate blood vessel activity.

Phenylethylamine is a vasoactive component found in chocolate;tyramine in cured meats and aged cheese--releases chemicals that increase b/p and cause migraines. MSG, oc course, nitrites hotdo, pork; smoked fish); many red wines, citrus fruits contain nitrogen.

Vegies promte release of insulin, decreasing blood levels of amino acids that compete with trytophan across the brain -blood barrier. this increases serotonin levels in brain and can prevent migraines.

Some meds (for b/p, chest pain, arthritis, HRT, antibiotics)--linked to migraines; Shifting hormone levels can constrict and dilate blood vessels and create pain-causing prostaglandins-- generating the "classic" migraine.

Herbal suggestions that work for many: ginger inhibits inflammation-causing prostaglandins as well as cogulation of blood platelets --prompting serotoing, which constricts blood vessels (during early stage of migraine). Some people need up to 2 grams-- hers less.

"Hot" migraines (flushed/feverish) respond well to feverfew it is a "cooling" herb. It also releases serotonin can conteracts prostaglandins--take daily to prevent headache. Avoid feverfew if pregnant or allergic to ragweed family of plants; or if taking anticoaglants.

Ginkgo: stabilizes arteries improves circulation good for vascular headaches 120 mg (divided between 2-3 doses --or TR)

Dong Quai: analgesic ;smooth muscle relaxant; helps balance hormone levels, too. Don't use if you have trouble with blood clotting.

And, lastly --but not leastly! Capsicum: helpful in "cold" migraines (child/shivers); also good for cluster headaches. And of course,
capsaicin jell --rubbed into temples, and back of neck... -Sammye Lamb
Almost three weeks ago i started eating about 75% raw foods, since this time i have had 2 migraines. could this be my bodies way of cleansing and am i doing harm by taking an OTC migraine formula for the pain? Thank you. -Sherrie
Dear Sherri, this is probably your body adjusting to your proper diet. It probably doesn't know how to act to get something nutritious. I wish I could do the same. As far as the OTC migraine formula, come off it slowly, you don't want to shock the body again.

Once your body gets adjusted to your new diet of nutirents, you will no longer need any supplements. -Terence
Yes, when I began to wean myself off dairy & sugar I had a headache daily for the first week...detoxing I'm sure.
Be certain that the migraine is not hormonal. My favorite headache remedies from Nature's Sunshine: Lavender Oil or Tei Fu oil massaged into the temples & occipital area, & Fenugreek & Thyme. -Marybeth
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: