Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index Nature's Sunshine Products NSP
For customer and distributor discussions of Nature's Sunshine Products. Not an official site of NSP.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Gullian Barre Syndrome

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CombinedNSP
Site Admin

PostPosted: Dec Fri 15, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Gullian Barre Syndrome Reply with quote

Gullian Barre Syndrome

This is associated with certain vaccinations, especially the flu shot. What can we do for someone afflicted with this awful disease? -Patricia Parker
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Guillian Bare Syndrome is an all out attack on the nervous system and each and ever system affected needs support. Good nutrition is essential, moderate, never heavy, activity and exercise are required. Passive exercise to maintain joint health is vital. Paralysis is almost always reversed to some extent or another, and the passive exercise is helpful to keep muscles and tendons strong. It is not unlike Polio in responding to warm, moist heat and passive exercise.

Now as to the nerves themselves you will have to muscle test regularly to see what the body needs, and you may need skilled professional care for swallowing if that becomes difficult or for breathing if those nerves are impaired, However, be friendly, kind and cooperative and see if they will accept Green Zone or Ultimate Green Zone down a feeding tube if that is required because of a ventilator or swallowing difficulty. If acceptable also try Liquid Chlorophyll in purified water down the feeding tube. If there is respiratory distress then they may accept liquid ALJ down the feeding tube. This will be especially accepted after they see how it brings mucus up, avoiding pneumonia.

A person with Guillian-Bare is under stress. Do not question that. So see if they can take liquid Stress-J to help with the stress. This syndrome runs its course with time. It is devastating and requires a long rehabilitation to get things working again. However it is rarely fatal.

It is really important to build the person up, to encourage, never make them feel guilty, or belittled.

Here are some great hints: Always address them personally, even if they can't communicate well. Treat them like a fully functioning adult, even though they are not. When they are strong enough to knock over a container full of whatever--congratulate them! Why? Can you imagine laying immobile and finally being able to vent your frustration? Just clean up the mess with a smile--it took effort to do that! If they can't speak clearly help them communicate with a communications board--a rehabilitation center can help you make one for them.

Their skin needs care. Do a Nature's Fresh rub every day--smooth it on, wipe off with a warm face cloth. Use Irish Moss Lotion, for example, as a moisturizer.

Their brain needs care. Books on tape, good quality music of the kind they like, just so it is upbeat and positive. Even just a CD of a rain forest blocks sounds and gives peach. Short visits, a visitor's log book so they can see who came when they really don't want to be bothered at the time. No flowers--unless they are silk. Flower water breeds bacteria. Send floral gifts to a rehab center or care home or the nurses station. Bring goodies for the nurses--bribes always work! Someone to sit with them who won't talk on and on, but who can say something constructive, be positive and helpful. Give family members a break. This is one of those diseases that stays around a while, and frustration (Stress-J for everyone?) and even anger (why me?) are all a part of getting well. -Marilyn Navarro
Please remember that this is a syndrome ... which means it is a series of symptoms that mainstream medicine can not find a specific cause to......Have the person take the lifestyles Analysis and see where each of the body systems are at and suggest herbs accordingly. -Richard Ask
My husband suffered this auto immune disorder when he was about 21. He now has to be very careful with what he eats and exercising. Lots of whole foods no preservatives, chemicals, processed foods. Mostly vegi's, no meat, no dairy, no wheat, whole non-GMO grains. He really doesn't do any real supplements except Flax Oil and ground fresh flax seed. -Shari Lyon
Q: Anyone have any info. to share about this. Have a 4 y.o. that has been adopted from Russia. I have some ideas-- want to see what other ideas there may be. Thank you. -Angelica
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
This is from a very old Sunnet newsletter but it is all I have.
Guiliam Barre: I am concerned and working on the situation for Guiliam Barre. I have done some research in the Columbia University Complete Home Medical Guide. It says this is something that usually occurs 1-2 weeks after a viral infection, such as a sore throat, bronchitis or the flu and affects the limbs. It can sometimes result in complete paralysis. The face muscles may be paralyzed as well as making it impossible to swallow normally, which
has resulted in tracheotomy in some cases. The illness results from the inflammation and destruction of the myelin sheath similar to that seen in multiple sclerosis. Whereas MS attacks the central nervous system, Guiliam Barre affects the peripheral nerves. I would probably go with the nervous system products like Stress-J or Lecithin to help build the myelin sheath, but if anyone has any other information or has worked with this, I would definitely appreciate the information.

Liz: About two years ago I had a woman hand me a paper on this that her doctor gave her. In this paper, the medical books say they believe it is an allergic reaction to a viral infection. In 1976 an epidemic occurred after mass vaccination against swine flu. I would check out the toxins in this person's system and maybe look for Candida. It also states the incident is about 15 cases per million per year in the U.S. So what I do whenever there is numbness or weakness or tingling is to muscle test on the Tiao He or any other of our cleanses. And remember, there is also Guggul Advantage which is a circulatory cleanse. My sister has had great relief from her numbness and tingling just from taking that. This is just a suggestion -- I haven't worked with anyone on it but I am sure concerned about this. -Nolee
Q: The patient has gone through Plasma Pheresis once and Steroid therapy of 6 weeks, Acupuncture sessions of 4 weeks and getting extensive physical therapy of three hours 6 days a week. In other words yes! doctors are involved but to no avail. Advise where to get some more info. -Hussain
- - - - - - - - - -
My sister-in-law-had this disease. She was told by the doctor she could get better in about a year is she did nothing. She was to the point she could not walk on her own. She had to take physical therapy to learn to crawl and walk again but she was back to nearly normal in 3 months. She was very faithful in taking the program laid out for her. Skeletal Strength, VS-C, Nutri-Calm, and a couple of other things. -Heather Messerli
- - - - - - - - - -
Try these VS-C 2x3/day, Cayenne 1x2/day and super algae 2x2/day. -S. Mitchell
- - - - - - - - - -
Do you know of anyone dying because of Gullian Barre? What are the side affects of this and what causes it - is it short term long term illness? My research of gbs my son never had any of those symptoms. Please help me. -Regina
Dear Regina, Did your son get any vaccination prior to Gullian Barre? I have read how some people developed this syndrome after a flu shot. If so, then a comprehensive detoxification program is called for. -Lourdes Martinez
My sister-in-law-had this disease. She was told by the doctor she could get better in about a year is she did nothing. She was to the point she could not walk on her own. She had to take physical therapy to learn to crawl and walk again but she was back to nearly normal in 3 months. She was very faithful in taking the program laid out for her. Skeletal Strength, VS-C, Nutri-Calm, and a couple of other things. -Heather
My husband had it also. It is another auto-immune disorder. Lots of pure organic non-processed food and mild exercises as she's able to restrengthen, it takes a long time. -Shari Lyon

------------------------------------

I am a sufferer of Gullian Barre' I was diagnosed back in 1999. I spent 8 and a half weeks in the hospital and 18 more months regaining my strength. I started to relapse 7 days ago and have found the progress to be quite slower this time around. I am still able to walk but my motor functions are still deteriating.

The best thing any one can do for a sufferer is support them in every way. Show them they are loved and Let them deal in their own way...even if the are unbearable to live with. -Brian
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nature's Sunshine Products NSP Forum Index -> Forum Archive All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: